• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread VFD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Role PMs:
Hello Moe, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Violet Baudelaire the Inventor.
images

The eldest Baudelaire, Violet has always been fascinated by mechanical devices and is known to tie her hair up in a ribbon when she’s concentrating on a new invention. Sadly, Violet has not been able to use her mechanical abilities to feed the hungry nor build a typewriter that doesn’t malfunction after many of an author’s tears have fallen on it. Instead she has had to improvise—a word which here means “quickly build something in order to thwart Count Olaf’s latest plot”. These inventions are with you and you can give one away once a night phase to someone you hope isn’t Count Olaf for them to use. However, you’re not precisely sure how they will help, so trial and error will be involved. Your inventions are the grappling hook, lockpick, and noisy shoes.

I must also ask you to confirm you have received this message in the sign up thread, though I would recommend pretending you had never seen it and watching The Littlest Elf instead.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Hello Krow, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Sunny Baudelaire the Town Role Blocker.
images

The youngest Baudelaire, Sunny communicates through a limited language of her own invention- a phrase which here means “unintelligible shrieks”- that only her siblings can understand. Though she may only be an infant, she has already learned that she has a knack for biting things with her four very sharp teeth. This skill has saved her and her siblings several times from Count Olaf’s evil schemes. Using your sharp teeth, you can bite someone each night phase. This prevents them from doing anything but howl in pain as though the love of their life had just perished in a terrible fire.

I must also ask you to confirm you have received this message in the sign up thread, though I would recommend pretending you had never seen it and watching The Littlest Elf instead.

Hello The Sun Fan, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Mr. Poe the Town Bus Driver.
latest

Arthur Poe, for some reason given the title Vice President in Charge of Orphan Affairs at Mulctuary Money Management, serves as a temporary “guardian” to the Baudelaires and their fortune. He means well, but a jar of mustard probably also means well and would do a better job of keeping the Baudelaires out of danger. Because you endlessly ferry the Baudelaires from one sad occasion to the next, you are the Bus Driver. You have to ability every night to choose two people and have all actions directed at them swapped to the other person.

Hello Pendio, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Aunt Josephine the Town Grammar Police.
latest

Josephine Anwhistle, the Baudelaire’s mother’s cousin’s sister-in-law, served as the second non-Olaf guardian to the Baudelaire orphans. Though Josephine was a well-meaning guardian, in her terror of Count Olaf she did not hesitate to abandon the Baudelaires. Once afraid of nothing, a phrase which here means “so brave she decided to build her house on the edge of a cliff”, after her husband’s death the mere sight of a realtor was petrifying. The notable exception to her innumerable fears was grammar, perhaps the only thing she still loved after Ike neglected to wait an hour before swimming. Your keen eye for grammar allows you to tell if someone is noble or a henchman of Count Olaf. Unfortunately not all associates know that it’s is not possessive, thus making it more difficult to tell who is frank from who is earnest. Each night you may check someone’s grammar. Your results will be either perfect or imperfect, barring unusual circumstances. You are permitted a secret message to be sent after you die that totals not more than eleven letters.

Hello LG, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Isadora Quagmire the Town Poet.
latest

One of the Quagmire triplets and heiress to the Quagmire fortune, Isadora Quagmire is a charming and noble poet who was forced into Prufrock Preparatory School with her brother Duncan after their parents’ untimely demise in a fire. After meeting the Baudelaires, she and Duncan do their best to help them, regardless of the risk involved—a phrase which here means “Count Olaf discovering that they have a fortune as well”. She keeps a commonplace notebook filled with anything she deems sufficiently important and regularly uses couplets to send coded messages for help when in danger. Every night you can choose someone to give a secret message to. The secret part of the message may only total six letters.

Hello Flora, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Uncle Monty the Town Poison Doctor.
latest

The Baudelaire’s father’s cousin’s wife’s brother, Montgomery Montgomery was the Baudelaire’s first true guardian. For a short time, much too short, the Baudelaire’s were terribly close to experiencing family and happiness with Monty. Unfortunately Count Olaf very quickly appeared and put an end to that, a phrase which here means “poisoned Monty and framed a very harmless viper for his murder”. Because of your great knowledge of reptiles and their poisons, you are the poison doctor. Naturally if you could protect yourself you’d still be alive, so you may only protect someone else once a night phase.

Hello ALIT, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Klaus Baudelaire the Town Decoder.
latest

The middle of the Baudelaire orphans, Klaus has read more books at the age of twelve than you or I will ever read in our lifetimes. If by some chance you have read more books than Klaus, I can only assume that you had the good fortune of not becoming an orphan and having to solve terrible problems that should never come to a twelve-year old. Unlike his sister Violet, who enjoys mechanical devices, and his sister Sunny, who enjoys gnawing upon mechanical devices, Klaus enjoys words. This makes him particularly useful at breaking codes and anagrams. Secret messages are his forte, a word which here means “skill that has saved his siblings from Count Olaf on several occasions”. As such, every night phase you may send a secret message to another player in the game and possibly receive some as well. All secret messages received will be decoded automatically.

Hello Storma, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Dr. Orwell the Hypnotist.
latest

Dr. Georgina Orwell is an evil, twisted woman who exploits others around her with her knowledge of hypnotism. She has used these talents to keep a very large amount of people happily working in a lumber mill for the wage of chewing gum and coupons in order to get a cut of the money from Sir, the boss. Dr. Orwell completely lacks maternal instincts, as seen when she had a sword fight with an infant, Sunny Baudelaire, and considered throwing her into a furnace. Unfortunately or not so unfortunately Dr. Orwell happened to be standing too close to one(or perhaps it was a saw blade) and caused a bit of a mess. Every night you can choose someone to hypnotize. You’ll need to make up a trigger word and a release word each time. During the day, type the trigger word and @ the person you want to hypnotize and you will be able to control who that person targets that night. Or just tell them to jump off a cliff. But if anyone speaks the release word you will have to type the trigger word again. Also someone else could theoretically take control of the hypnotized if they should use the trigger word. Only one person may be hypnotized at once.

You win when you are either the last person standing or with Count Olaf if Ésme is dead. Note that you can’t reveal that you can win with Olaf. (Though why you’d want to I can’t imagine)
Hello HoT, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of (a lot) the Town Shape-Shifter.

Today you are a friendly snake by name of the Incredibly Deadly Viper. Tomorrow, who knows? The Incredibly Deadly Viper was recently discovered by Montgomery Montgomery and named to play a prank on his herpetologist associates. Unfortunately, before he could, Count Olaf took advantage of the misnomer, a phrase which here means “Framed the snake for Monty’s murder”. Every night you have the ability to go and safeguard someone. If someone attempts to kill that person, you will die in their stead. Also you look positively terrifying so it may be a little difficult to convince that you’re town.

Hello Deku, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Sir the Town Boss.
latest

Sir, whose real name is much too long and incomprehensible to bother typing, was the third “guardian” to the Baudelaires, not including Count Olaf. After Mr. Poe ran out of distant relatives to send them too, Sir reluctantly agreed to take them as workers in the Lucky Smells Lumber Mill, though Mr. Poe was not aware of this as he did not realize Sir believed child labor perfectly acceptable. Some versions of their history say that the Baudelaires ran away and happened upon the mill by chance, but this was clearly an attempt to soften ever so slightly the horror of children working with saw blades and furnaces. You always have a cloud of smoke swirling round your head from your ever-present cigar and this makes you a bit difficult to locate. Supposing you could ever see where you’re going you might be able to get someone fired around here. As it is though, you can’t do much except smoke.

Hello Doc, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Count Olaf the Mafia Godfather.
latest

Count Olaf is a horrific and vicious man whom I hope you never ever ever ever ever have the displeasure of running into at the grocery store. Supposedly he was once noble, but personally I believe he never appreciated quiet places nor good books. After the fire that was the end of the Baudelaire parents, which he may or may not have set depending on who you ask, he became obsessed with the Baudelaire orphans- a phrase which here means “dogged the Baudelaire orphans and schemed endlessly to kill them and take their fortune”. Olaf also fancies himself an actor and travels with a group of henchmen he calls his acting troupe. Olaf is also a master of disguises and constantly changes his appearance to keep hidden his one eyebrow and the tattoo on his left ankle. You are the godfather, you have final say on the night kill and any cop checks on you will return as town. That is, while you’re acting as someone besides Olaf anyway.

Your scum buds are Sms and Minish and your chat will be in Discord.

You win when Town is overrun.
Hello SMS, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of Ésme Squalor the Mafia Role Blocker.
latest

Esmé Gigi Geniveve Squalor, the city’s sixth most important financial advisor, served as half of the Baudelaire’s fifth “guardian” (not counting Count Olaf) after orphans became “in”, a word which here means “fashionable to those rich and snobby enough to care”. The other half was her cheerful pushover husband Jerome Squalor who unfortunately did not receive the letter my brother wrote to him to prevent his marriage to Ésme. Originally almost kind or at least tolerant of the Baudelaire orphans, she soon drops the act and reveals that she is actually in cahoots with Count Olaf, her former acting teacher turned boyfriend. You’re pretty great at holding hostages, and as such are the mafia roleblocker. Every night you can choose a player and prevent their night action from going through. You are also an expert at what in and what’s out, and every night you may choose what’s in style.

Your scum buds are Minish and Doc and mafia chat will be in Discord.

You win when town is overrun.
Hello Minish, it is my grave misfortune to “welcome” you to VFD Mafia. During these unfortunate events you are to play the role of The Hook-Handed Man, the Mafia Paper Shredder.
latest

The Hook-Handed Man, also known as some other less apt name, serves as Count Olaf’s right hook man until Ésme usurps his position. As a member of Olaf’s theatre troupe, he takes part in chasing the Baudelaire orphans everywhere they go and personally threatens their lives on occasion. While he now regularly commits arson and kidnapping, he once was noble, a word which here means “kind enough to put out fires rather than start them”. Because of your sharp hooks, you have a certain knack for intercepting secret messages and subsequently tearing them to shreds.

Each night you may target a player and any secret message that person was sending or receiving that night will be destroyed, in addition, you can replace it with a secret message of your own.

Your fellow arsonists are Count Olaf (played by Doc) and Ésme (played by SMS). Mafia chat will be in Discord.

You win when the Town is overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom