• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Very Large Amount of 3DS News

God, now I really want this thing! I don't care if it is $300, the things is a pocket-sized beast. Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Kid Icarus Uprising look amazing, and I'm glad with what they did with the interface in Ocarina of Time 3D. I also like the inclusion of Miis and how you can just take a picture of someone, and it automatically makes a Mii out of it. The inclusion of the feature to pause the game and do something else is also cool as well.

Backwards compatibility is to be expected, since the DS cartridge and the 3DS cartridge are the same thing, with the exception of a small tab on the 3DS cartridge that prevents it from being placed in a DS. The, what I call, "Virtual Portable Console" sounds awesome as well. Perhaps the games can be rendered at a higher resolution, support 3DS-3DS multiplayer to mimic link-cables, etc. Perhaps it can allow me to not have to try to hunt down every GameBoy game that I still need to buy.

So, yeah, in short, ME WANT 3DS!!! :P

How about "Virtual Handheld"? That sounds much better!

I also heard you can transfer your DSi Shop downloads over to the 3DS (Then this means that whenever the Wii's successor comes out, we'll be able to transfer our Virtual Console and WiiWare :D!!)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
How about "Virtual Handheld"? That sounds much better!

I also heard you can transfer your DSi Shop downloads over to the 3DS (Then this means that whenever the Wii's successor comes out, we'll be able to transfer our Virtual Console and WiiWare :D!!)

Maybe not. I don't even think we could even move them from console to console. My brother had a few games on the VC on his first one and then got a black one, but he can't transfer the games, so now he forced himself to keep both.

Maybe not. I don't even think we could even move them from console to console. My brother had a few games on the VC on his first one and then got a black one, but he can't transfer the games, so now he forced himself to keep both.

Well, the black Wii isnt really an upgrade, its just the same Wii in another shell.

Here is the article: http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/09/yes_you_can_transfer_dsiware_to_3ds

You can try calling Nintendo and they might transfer the account into the black Wii, and you could transfer the WiFi protected saves using Homebrew.

Edit: The only thing different between the black Wii (and new White Wiis) is the piracy/ homebrew protection.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, the black Wii isnt really an upgrade, its just the same Wii in another shell.

Here is the article: http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/09/yes_you_can_transfer_dsiware_to_3ds

You can try calling Nintendo and they might transfer the account into the black Wii, and you could transfer the WiFi protected saves using Homebrew.

Yeah I know about the whole 3DS thing. I was referring to what you said about the Wii.

And yes, it's not an upgrade but we've been waiting for the black one since the Wii came out. Especially since they teased us with pictures of a black Wii in 2006 that we didn't get until 2010.

And thanks for the help, I will see what we can do.

Yeah I know about the whole 3DS thing. I was referring to what you said about the Wii.

And yes, it's not an upgrade but we've been waiting for the black one since the Wii came out. Especially since they teased us with pictures of a black Wii in 2006 that we didn't get until 2010.

And thanks for the help, I will see what we can do.

Well, if Nintendo is allowing transfers to their next-gen handheld, i can assure you that they will allow us to transfer our downloads from the Wii to their next-gen console. :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, if Nintendo is allowing transfers to their next-gen handheld, i can assure you that they will allow us to transfer our downloads from the Wii to their next-gen console. :)

Let's just hope so. I find it kinda dumb that we're able to buy games on a console, but what happens when a new console comes out? Are we forced to keep our older ones and waste electricity and space on having too many unnecessary systems plugged in.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/presentation/movE/index.html
This is a video of the Nintendo Conference. They have a TON of features that I didn't know about.

Virtual Console, it turns out that it will basically just be GB and GBC games, BUT they will be updated for a 3D look (otherwise, graphics will be untouched). Frankly, I don't see how that's possible but it sounds really cool.

There are Miis just like on the Wii for the 3DS. Even more so, a feature utilizing the cameras has been added. You take a picture of a face and the 3DS tries to make a mii to match the face as closely as possible. I think it's rather awesome, as I hate making miis manually and making an accurate mii is next to impossible.

You can go to the home screen mid game to access the web browser or other things then immediately return to the game with the progress being the same. It won't take you back to the title screen as you have to do with the DSi.

Other than that, there are a ton of smaller features they've added, all of them extremely AWESOME! I mean ... I don't even know what to think, this system is like the god of mobile devices! It's just ... incredible what insanely awesome things Nintendo does. Nintendo may have disappointed in the past, but damn, did they make an insane recovery! The video's about 55 minutes long and I haven't even finished it, so I may have to edit this post with more features. It doesn't talk only about the 3DS but about 40 of those 55 minutes focus only on the 3DS.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Awesome! I'm really loving the retexturing done to OoT.
Very nice update.
:)
And a virtual console to boot!
Though, will we have to get memory cards for that?

I really wish we had a bigger version of this so I could use it as a wallpaper :(

e3-2010-ocarina-of-time-3ds-on-the-way-20100615014852708.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/presentation/movE/index.html
This is a video of the Nintendo Conference. They have a TON of features that I didn't know about.

Virtual Console, it turns out that it will basically just be GB and GBC games, BUT they will be updated for a 3D look (otherwise, graphics will be untouched). Frankly, I don't see how that's possible but it sounds really cool.

There are Miis just like on the Wii for the 3DS. Even more so, a feature utilizing the cameras has been added. You take a picture of a face and the 3DS tries to make a mii to match the face as closely as possible. I think it's rather awesome, as I hate making miis manually and making an accurate mii is next to impossible.

You can go to the home screen mid game to access the web browser or other things then immediately return to the game with the progress being the same. It won't take you back to the title screen as you have to do with the DSi.

Other than that, there are a ton of smaller features they've added, all of them extremely AWESOME! I mean ... I don't even know what to think, this system is like the god of mobile devices! It's just ... incredible what insanely awesome things Nintendo does. Nintendo may have disappointed in the past, but damn, did they make an insane recovery! The video's about 55 minutes long and I haven't even finished it, so I may have to edit this post with more features. It doesn't talk only about the 3DS but about 40 of those 55 minutes focus only on the 3DS.

I know right!! I wonder what they got in store for us in the Wii's successor :D I cant wait to get the 3DS and for Nintendo to announce their new console! :D!!!!!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Virtual console for the GB/GBC/GBA?!? *drools* Must get... And HOLY FREAKIN' CRUD!!! SNES GAMES FOR DOWNLOAD IN 3D! =DDDD ALTTP HERE I COME!!! (And no, caps lock cannot fully express my fangirly joy. *squee*)

But $300 bucks!? o_O Dang, that's more that the Wii's worth. I hope it goes down by a bit, cause I really want to get it and I don't want to have to spend a whole lot of money on it. I'm already gonna be spending a good bit of money when SS and a few other games I'm wanting to get comes out. Hmm... Why must everything that's awesome cost so darn much?...

Virtual console for the GB/GBC/GBA?!? *drools* Must get... And HOLY FREAKIN' CRUD!!! SNES GAMES FOR DOWNLOAD IN 3D! =DDDD ALTTP HERE I COME!!! (And no, caps lock cannot fully express my fangirly joy. *squee*)

But $300 bucks!? o_O Dang, that's more that the Wii's worth. I hope it goes down by a bit, cause I really want to get it and I don't want to have to spend a whole lot of money on it. I'm already gonna be spending a good bit of money when SS and a few other games I'm wanting to get comes out. Hmm... Why must everything that's awesome cost so darn much?...

It will be less than that, probably $250, and there wont be NES or SNES, they never said that, they only said Gameboy and Gameboy Color. I doubt they will add console games, Gameboy games suit the "handheld" mood. GBA wasnt announced either, but they'd be stupid if they dont add it in the future.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It will be less than that, probably $250, and there wont be NES or SNES, they never said that, they only said Gameboy and Gameboy Color. I doubt they will add console games, Gameboy games suit the "handheld" mood. GBA wasnt announced either, but they'd be stupid if they dont add it in the future.

Ehhh you must read this closely ;)

More Virtual Console Details:
You will be able to download "classic games" from the NES and SNES in 3D as well.
Nintendo showed off Link's Awakening DX and Super Mario Land for it's VC.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124157p1.html

Ehhh you must read this closely ;)

Nintendo used NES and SNES games to show off the 3DS at E3, they NEVER said they would allow those games to be played on the 3DS. Their official website (IGN =/= Nintendo) says nothing about NES or SNES, just Gameboy and Gameboy Color. ;)

Edit: They supposedly are adding 3D effects to NES and SNES, I honestly hope not because I spent enough on the Wii Virtual Console already :L

Edit #2: ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad: They BETTER link my Wii Shop Virtual Console to the 3DS AND their new console. They also BETTER start releasing GB, GBC, and GBA on the Wii since I dont like how they are putting the console games INTO the handheld's VC but no handheld games into the console's VC!! :mad:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's more amazing than I thought. But it's also expensive relative to other handhelds, but considering it can do things that no other can, I think it's well worth it. I'm still ordering it day one, and I still think it will sell like crazy, even for a ridiculous price. Hell, the PS2 was just about as revolutionary as this thing (maybe a little more, though), and it cost almost TWICE as much as all the other consoles on the market were going for at the time, at an obnoxious $600 (If I recall correctly); but it still had people beating each other in malls to get it.

Game Boy Virtual Console? Finally! Now I can finally play some of the original Game Boy games I could never buy, and maybe even the few games that were originally eyesores (literally) for the Virtual Boy, but that's only because they were for the Virtual Boy. They might even work in modern 3D, and not 3D that actually destroys your eyes. There were apparently some really good games for that system, just unbearable because of the hardware.
Also, notice in the video that the woman was using a "home" function button that's pretty much like the big X button on the Xbox 360 controller. She was also using an internet browser, and then went directly back to the game, then back to the internet, and back to the game again. That means the 3DS can multitask. It also had automatic Mii creation, which is pretty darn neat.

I am beyond excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom