• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Very Large Amount of 3DS News

Kazumi

chagy
It's the 29th of September people. You know what that means. Conference about the 3DS in Japan. Let me give you all of the details as I find them.

UPDATE: It will have Miis. The Miis will have more features then on the Wii.
New Videos:
3DS Showcase Video. Has video of most of the coolest 3DS games. And some new ones including Dead or Alive Dimensions. Also Ocarina of Time 3DS footage, Resident Evil Revelations footage... Super Street Fighter, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing... Basically all games that are awesome good things.
http://www.destructoid.com/see-the-3ds-game-lineup-in-glorious-trailer-form-185152.phtml
Seven and a half minute trailer for Metal Gear Solid 3DS. Looks amazing. I want it so bad.
http://www.destructoid.com/metal-gear-solid-3ds-snake-eater-trailer-is-amazing-185168.phtml
3DS concept trailer. It shows off some of the cool new things that the 3DS can do other then play amazing games. Watch it.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/29/the-nintendo-3ds-concept-trailer

We have new screens:
Samurai Warriors 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
PilotWings Resort
Starfox 64 3D
Kid Icarus
OCARINA OF TIME 3DS
Nintendogs + Cats
Animal Crossing 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
Steel Diver

New Game Details:
Samurai Warriors 3DS
Mega Man Legends 3
More Virtual Console Details:
You will be able to download "classic games" from the NES and SNES in 3D as well.
Nintendo showed off Link's Awakening DX and Super Mario Land for it's VC.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124157p1.html

ORIGINAL:
Japan Release Date: February 26th
North America and Europe: "Marchish"
Price in Japan: 25000 yen... Roughly 300 monies US
It's going to have a Virtual Console with GB/C/A games.
It will have tag mode.
It will have an option for Ethernet connection for faster downloads and a more consistent connection.
You will be able to transfer your old DSiWare games to 3DS
You can also transfer downloadable titles between 3DS's (similar to that of PSN) a limited number of times.
Official Specs:
"Size

134x74x21mm
Weight

230g
Upper Screen

3.53 inches, wide screen with naked eye 3D support, 800x240 pixel resolution
Lower Screen

3.02 inches, 320x240 pixels
Camera

One camera on the inside, two cameras on the outside. Each camera is 0.3 megapixels (640x480)
Wireless Communication

2.4GHz. Can exchange data with other 3DS units through Surechigai (Tag Mode). Can connect to the internet via wireless LAN access points (compatible with WPA/WPA2 IEEE802.11 security).
Inputs

A/B/X/Y, D-pad, L/R, Start/Select, Slide Pad (360 degree analogue input), Touch Screen, Internal Mic, Camera, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor
Other Inputs

3D Volume (can smoothly adjust degree of 3D output), Home Button (for opening the Home menu), Wireless Switch (can turn off wireless even while in mid-game), Power Button
Connector

Game Card Slot, SD Memory Card Slot, AC Adapter Connection, Charge Connection, Headphone Connection
Sound

Stereo Speakers on the left and right of the top screen
Touch Pen

Can be contracted. Max length 10cm
Battery

Lithium Ion Battery
Game Card

Nintendo 3DS exclusive game cards. Size is the same as DS cards. Max memory capacity will be 2 gigabytes at system launch
Enjoy 3D images with the naked eye on the top screen.
You can adjust the 3D volume to change the 3D feel, and can also make it 2D.

A stereo camera that can take 3D pictures
Includes 2 external cameras. When you take 3D pictures, they can be viewed on the spot.

New input interfaces
Slide Pad, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor

Itsunoma ni Tsuushin
When the 3DS is in sleep mode, the system will automatically seek out Nintendo Zone and wireless LAN access points and will grab information, game data, free games, videos and other things from the internet. The name, incidentally, translates to something along the lines of "Wireless Communication When You Weren't Expecting It."

Surechigai Tsuushin/Tag Mode
When the 3DS is in sleep mode, it will automatically exchange data with other 3DS systems. The system can transfer data from multiple games simultaneously.

Functionality For Use Without Leaving Games
Home Menu, Internet Browser, Notice List

A Variety of Software Built In
Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Studio, Surechigai/Tag Mode Mii Plaza, AR Games, Omoide Kirokuchou (Memory Recording Notebook) and more

Download Sales of Games
In addition to buying games, you can view introductory videos and rankings

Transfer Over Software and Data
You'll be able to transfer your already purchased download software to 3DS. This includes DSi Ware games from DSi and DSi LL.

Backwards Compatible
In addition to playing games made for 3DS, the system can also play DSi and DS games.

Parental Controls
You can set play restrictions based off game ratings. You can also limit browser use and other areas. Parental Controls have been improved from the DSi versions."
Note: This is in addition to the specs I posted in the specs thread.

New Games:
Mega Man Legends 3
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)
Driver 3D
Splinter Cell (name not final)
Chocobo Racing
New Trailers/info:
Check this post for a whole bunch of trailers and links and generally cool things. I'd also suggest checking all of the recent news on your RSS Feed or your favourite game site for things I may have missed.

THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED. It is also very messy. I will post my thoughts later, as I still have to process all of this.

Last edited:

jugglaj91

I am me....
GB/GBA VC?!?! sign me up!! This seems to be the handheld we have all been waiting for.

Kazumi

chagy
LARGE UPDATE TO MAIN POST!
New screen shots include OCARINA OF TIME 3DS. That game looks so amazing. More information on the Virtual Console and new games. Next I will update with videos. *goes to check on his Wii/DS news thread*
EDIT of and EDIT: New 3DS videos, including this really awesome one that shows all of the 3DS games. It's great. Watch it now.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
More Virtual Console Details:
You will be able to download "classic games" from the NES and SNES in 3D as well.
Nintendo showed off Link's Awakening DX and Super Mario Land for it's VC.

It's going to have a Virtual Console with GB/C/A games.

What?!

Tell me it's not a rumor! I've been waiting for this, I thought it was never going to happen. Pinch me!

I'm going to have an appointment with several Game Boy games when this comes out.
It will have an option for Ethernet connection for faster downloads and a more consistent connection.
Yay! I like this, also. You have no idea how frustrating it was to have to set up temporary Wi-Fi networks just for the DSi, when my home network is ethernet-based, and I don't care for the low signal quality of Wi-Fi, anyway.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Brilliant. Just brilliant. Classic games, 3D graphics, lots of new features! I'm having a nerdy seizure. :D

But, one down side- the price. It seems a little bit high. They seem to be charging it mainly for the 3D graphics and new perks, that not everybody has access to. (The internet connection contrained content. The VC, and some other stuffs)

The Mii feature seems interesting, and the new Animal Crossing game, while it looks nice...etc has horrible character design. The elongated bodies are bleh. It looks like the animals have been put on a torture rack and stretched! D:

Problems aside, I think the 3DS will be exceptional and will crush Sony's new console.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
If we can get old Zelda games from the VC, I may finally be buying a handheld. Does this mean that all the Zelda games could potentially be playable on either the Wii or 3DS? That's more than I ever hoped for. Also, I wonder if there will be any way to handle the "link" issue for OoX or if you'll just have to take each game separately.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Last edited:

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I am so excited for this to come out. The price is not outrageous for what you get, but I still don't like paying this much for a system.

This just blows my mind being able to play gameboy and gameboy advanced games on it by downloading them as well as NES and SNES games. its like all the previous consoles(excluding the gamecube) packed into one handheld system. Nintendo has really won my over this time, im saying screw the new Xbox 360 i was going to buy and i am saving up for this.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THIS IS JUST ALL AMAZING!!!!

I seriously can't wait any longer! I've been waiting for a handheld this amazing my whole life! We got amazing graphics, much better third party games, updated Miis, Gameboy Virtual Console!!!, (Maybe we can finally see the Oracle games and Link's Awakening on it!!!) and a whole lot more!!!

I am seriously looking forward to this especially Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Mario Kart 3D, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, and I just know I'm forgetting more!!!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
God, now I really want this thing! I don't care if it is $300, the things is a pocket-sized beast. Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Kid Icarus Uprising look amazing, and I'm glad with what they did with the interface in Ocarina of Time 3D. I also like the inclusion of Miis and how you can just take a picture of someone, and it automatically makes a Mii out of it. The inclusion of the feature to pause the game and do something else is also cool as well.

Backwards compatibility is to be expected, since the DS cartridge and the 3DS cartridge are the same thing, with the exception of a small tab on the 3DS cartridge that prevents it from being placed in a DS. The, what I call, "Virtual Portable Console" sounds awesome as well. Perhaps the games can be rendered at a higher resolution, support 3DS-3DS multiplayer to mimic link-cables, etc. Perhaps it can allow me to not have to try to hunt down every GameBoy game that I still need to buy.

So, yeah, in short, ME WANT 3DS!!! :P

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
This is exactly the sort of excellent news I needed to start my day. From this moment, all of the money I earn is going towards this truly epic piece of hardware, OoT 3DS, Skyward Sword, & Pokemon Black. This is gonna be sweet... :D *goes to get the drinks out to party*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom