• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Very Annoying!

What i find very annoying is when someone says that a huge franchise in a gaming company should be made for their competetors, i mean come on people, why would they give out their best selling product to their rivals? an example of this was when i head someone say they should make halo for the ipad.... what are you 2? first off halo is part of bungie, which is part of microsoft game studio, where as the ipad is made by apple and microsoft and apple has been enemies since the 80's. Another example is stating that skyward sword should come out for the kinnect, this is highly impossible unless it is a hack, or somehow Microsoft and Nintendo form an agreement. Microsoft and Nintendo are competitors trying to reach the same type of gamers. Has anyone else heard stuff like this?

linkman8

True and Noble
Of course it's ridiculous when people say that. They're considered "exclusives" for a reason. No Zelda game will ever come out on anything but a Nintendo system. No Halo game will ever come out on anything but the 360. (Not counting when they ported over the original Halo for iMac.)
It really bothers me too, so don't feel like you're alone. Just feel safe in knowing that Nintendo would never betray us by releasing Zelda on a Microsoft or Sony system.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Well, that's true. People who make games on all of the game systems, don't care which one makes the most profit, and just want more money for themselves. The more places you can play the game on, the more it will be sold. Now it would be awesome to have Zelda on the xbox, way better graphics! But why would Nintendo want to some of the profit THEY would make on a game to a competitor?

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
People who make games on all of the game systems, don't care which one makes the most profit, and just want more money for themselves.The more places you can play the game on, the more it will be sold.

This. A perfect example would be Final Fantasy XIII. When this game was in development; there were plans for only a PS3 exclusive, but sometime in 2008 Square Enix decided to also partner up with Microsoft for a multi-plat debut. Its true that companies want to profit more from their video games, but I believe they also want to reach out to other players who aren't solely devoted to PlayStation for instance.

anarchistbigred said:
What i find very annoying is when someone says that a huge franchise in a gaming company should be made for their competetors, i mean come on people, why would they give out their best selling product to their rivals?

As a gamer, I really don't care about which companies are rivals, but what about Resident Evil? This game was made for the PS1, but after a while the franchise was later transferred to Nintendo (RE4, Darkside Chronicles, etc.). And of course last year RE5 was also made for the PS3 and the 360. This probably doesn't add to the conversation, but my point is that people shouldn't get upset when franchises like this are made for other systems. If Nintendo did decide to make Skyward Sword for the Kinect as well as the wii then what's the use of complaining? Your obviously going to buy it for the wii, right?

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I find that to be quite annoying. For example, when people wan't NON-NINTENDO characters in the Smash Bros. series. Search wish list for SSB4 and I you will find dozens of websites practically begging for third party characters like Master Chief to be the game.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I know right? I mean, if a company creates a game, then they should put it only on THEIR systems unless there's an agreement of some kind. It should only be companies which don't have their own consoles to have games go multi-console. But just think about it. Zelda or Mario on the Kinect or Move? Halo for the Wii? Seems wierd when you think about it.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Zelda or Mario on the Kinect or Move? Halo for the Wii? Seems wierd when you think about it.

It only seems weird because it isn't what is out there. Like colors. If you were told that the color black was to be blue and vice versa you wouldn't question it growing up. But because that isn't so it is weird.

microsoft and apple has been enemies since the 80's.?

"Enemies" is perhaps a bit of an overstatement. They are competitors, nothing more, nothing less. Even athletes have respect for one another and I suspect the same is true of gaming companies. It is only among the fanboys that the notion of "console wars" really exist. Nintendo don't give a damn how many Xboxs are sold so long as it does not affect their sales.

Microsoft and Nintendo are competitors trying to reach the same type of gamers

Nintendo and Microsoft are really pitching to different markets at the moment. Sure, they are both Video Game Manufacturers, but it doesn't make them out and out competitors. Justin Bieber and Metallica both make music but their audiences are mutually exclusive. I doubt there are many people who own a CD by both artists.

Similarly Nintendo's main sales are in newly created "non-gamers" market (see Wii Sports, Brain Training, Wii Fit etc) and the connoisseurs of vintage gaming (Mario, Zelda, Metroid), while Microsoft mainly caters to an audience that favours pseudo-realism, sports sims and violence (Assassin's Creed, Halo, Call of Duty, FIFA). Of course it's worth saying there are probably quite a few people who own titles in all three of those areas, but I suspect most adults would have enough cash to get both the big Ninty releases and the Xbox ones if they wanted.

You might call me a traitor for this, but since I only play Nintendo for the vintage gaming releases I find that the Wiimote has done almost nothing to improve my experience. Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart would all have been just as good or better with a standard controller (luckily Mario Kart gave you the option to use it). In some ways it would make more sense for Ninty titles to come out on the Xbox or Playstation, where their are a lot of older gamers who would happily buy them but may not own a Wii. But this might dent Wii sales somewhat, and is probably not financially viable for Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom