• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Version 1.1.2

Zachie

Moo
Earlier today Nintendo released BOTW version 1.1.2 which brought with it mainly quality of life upgrades for the game. The official word from Nintendo is:

Version 1.1.2
  • Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
One thing they don't tell you though, is that they also fixed the glitch that allowed you to get unlimited arrows from horseback Bokoblins.

Thoughts?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
"Version 1.1.2
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

Nintendo uses this line for like, every update they release across all games. It pretty much means "Figure it out assholes"

One thing they don't tell you though, is that they also fixed the glitch that allowed you to get unlimited arrows from horseback Bokoblins.
I actually maxed out on arrows just a couple of days ago using the glitch as I'd been going through quite a few while searching for Koroks, so I should be set for quite a while... but it's understandable that they would want to remove it, so I'm not too bothered that they did.

They fixed the arrow farming glitch?! That is annoying, arrows are so annoying to get, warping to each stable and shop. :(

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I usually bomb every box I come across and steal the arrows from my fluffy babies the Bokoblins. I always got around 100 arrows and that's enough for me so far. I haven't played today so no update yet.

One thing they don't tell you though
Nintendo's patch notes never tell you anything bar the most essential things. Their patch notes are infamous for being really bad and devoid of information. I thought you knew this already.

If you want good patch notes, go look up some of Blizzard's different game patch notes. They are some world class, industry leading patch notes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I haven't played enough since the patch to notice changes yet but maybe sending silver moblins flying won't cause so much lag anymore.

Couldn't care less about that arrow glitch. That's not the only way to get lots of arrows anyway, almost every Lizalfos on the way to Zora's Domain drops 5-10 arrows.

Zachie

Moo
So can you get any arrows from horse back bokoblins?
Yeah, but it's capped at 20-25.

Nintendo's patch notes never tell you anything bar the most essential things. Their patch notes are infamous for being really bad and devoid of information. I thought you knew this already.

If you want good patch notes, go look up some of Blizzard's different game patch notes. They are some world class, industry leading patch notes.
Here's the thing, though, Nintendo doesn't always have ****ty patch notes.

Take Splatoon for example. Take Mario Kart for example. Take Smash Bros. for example.

You know how long it took me to find both of those? Like 5 seconds each. If you're going to be passive aggressive and try and make me look bad, do your own research first. I thought we were past ****ty behaviour like this.

xo

Last edited:
Here's the thing, though, Nintendo doesn't always have ****ty patch notes.

Take Splatoon for example. Take Mario Kart for example. Take Smash Bros. for example.

You know how long it took me to find both of those? Like 5 seconds each. If you're going to be passive aggressive and try and make me look bad, do your own research first. I thought we were past ****ty behaviour like this.

xo
The Smash Bros Patch notes are pretty bad. There's so much not said there. The Smashboards forums takes their time to discover and document every damage change and other change with each patch.

Look at the difference for Smash Bros 4. Nintendo (v1.1.5) vs Smash Boards (v1.1.5).
There is so much information Nintendo leaves off the patch notes here that the fans of the Smash Boards had to work out on their own.

The Mario Kart patch notes are alright. Could be better, but adequate for the type of game that it is.
The Splatoon patch notes are alright too but not great.

All of these patch notes lack numbers and hard details.

Look at the patch notes for the Blizzard games.
Other Blizzard games have just as detailed patch notes. So much detail and all the figures are listed there. Nothing Nintendo has done comes even close.

In Nintendo's defence you are partially correct. The MK and Splatoon patch notes are not terribly bad. But they are not even close to the gold standard of patch note writers, that being Blizzard Entertainment.

I have done my research. I'm just sharing it with you now because you asked for it.

I'm not here to make you look bad. I am here to make Nintendo look bad. You did nothing wrong. It's Nintendo who sucks with their patch notes.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The Smash Bros Patch notes are pretty bad. There's so much not said there. The Smashboards forums takes their time to discover and document every damage change and other change with each patch.

Look at the difference for Smash Bros 4. Nintendo (v1.1.5) vs Smash Boards (v1.1.5).
There is so much information Nintendo leaves off the patch notes here that the fans of the Smash Boards had to work out on their own.

The Mario Kart patch notes are alright. Could be better, but adequate for the type of game that it is.
The Splatoon patch notes are alright too but not great.

All of these patch notes lack numbers and hard details.

Look at the patch notes for the Blizzard games.
Other Blizzard games have just as detailed patch notes. So much detail and all the figures are listed there. Nothing Nintendo has done comes even close.

In Nintendo's defence you are partially correct. The MK and Splatoon patch notes are not terribly bad. But they are not even close to the gold standard of patch note writers, that being Blizzard Entertainment.

I have done my research. I'm just sharing it with you now because you asked for it.

I'm not here to make you look bad. I am here to make Nintendo look bad. You did nothing wrong. It's Nintendo who sucks with their patch notes.

Christ stop sniping at him Thark, if you're so goddamn in love with blizzards games stop hanging round here and go pester them. All you've been doing (So far that i've seen) is taken pot shots at Zack, ain't saying he's not without fault (who knows) but seriously knock it off, it's damned aggressive at this point and it's getting boring,

Right onto the actual game, kinda sad we've lost infinite Arrows glitch but then again i've never gotten to work successfully, it'd be nice if we get a patch on that damn shiekah sensor to stop it going off randomly instead of near shrines. Lost count the amount of times i thought i was near a shrine when i was literally miles from and nothing is nearby. Hell even moved towards a shrine and had the damn thing go quiet.

By the by can we photo a Korok and use that in the sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom