• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Valve Can't Count To 3

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Has anyone ever noticed this? It seems like Valve is incapable of releasing a third title for any series that they've produced so far. Let's list the games:

Team Fortress 2
Half Life 2
Portal 2
Left For Dead 2
Counter Strike 2

Will Valve ever humor us with Half Life 3, or another Number Three title? What are your thoughts?

If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet Portal 3 & Left 4 Dead 3 will get made before we even hear about a Half-Life 3 at this rate sadly :( I'm sure when they do get around to making it though, it'll be amazing. I'm just more impatient at the moment as I just got done replaying HL2 + Episode 1 & 2 again. The stuff they set up at the end of Episode 2 makes me a little mad at Valve for not making an Episode 3.

My 360 actually red ringed on me while playing EP 2, so I'm double mad haha.

That's purely a coincidence. Gabe Newell must be laughing his head off from fan over analysis of his company. Of course new installments will be created in the aforementioned franchises and some will boast the number three in their titles. Valve is a business who will churn out new installments in their venerated franchises for the purpose of making a profit. While a new Half-Life episode is safe and sound everyone knows a true sequel will attract the most customers. As Mariley mentioned many gamers are a bit frustrated with Valve especially in regards to Half-Life for leaving them on a cliffhanger.

Dan

Oh they have to keep the joke running. If they do release a new Portal or left 4 dead, they can't have three in the title :)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Haha, of course other people have noticed it. Everyone mentions how Valve can't count to three...

I, personally, would absolutely love a Portal 3. Just saying.

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
Well, when Valve makes a third game for something, it better be good. I just hate when the 1st and 2nd are good and the 3rd sucks.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
If you've noticed, they've made 2 Half-Life games, and 2 expansions for BOTH of them!! They've also made 2 different game engines, but that's not exactly the same thing. But yeah, I've also notice this, be it a coincidence or not.

Dan

Haha, of course other people have noticed it. Everyone mentions how Valve can't count to three...

I, personally, would absolutely love a Portal 3. Just saying.

Oh and you can't forget valve has a different time code to us. 1 months = something like 7 months. There was a website that demonstrated valve time :P

octorok74

TETTAC
Maybe they will just skip the third of any game and just put 4 at the end. Me and a couple of my friends have the plot for Left 4 Dead 27 all set. So Valve, if you are reading this, an awesome game awaits you.

Maybe they will just skip the third of any game and just put 4 at the end. Me and a couple of my friends have the plot for Left 4 Dead 27 all set. So Valve, if you are reading this, an awesome game awaits you.

MV5BMTMzNzEwODQzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgwMzcxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom