• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vacations and Travel

I like road trips, and so does my GF. So, me and my SO are taking a trip down Europe. No plans other than going southbound. :)

Reactions: Dan

Dan

I've been to Germany where I have family, the people seemed very friendly and welcoming compared to England. Other places I've been to are Poland, a couple of the canary islands, Northen Ireland and Southern Island(due to a mistake, I went to the wrong airport!) and Wales. I do want to get out there more and see other places. New Zealand, America, and any country in Asia.

@Satan What Deus said. I don't like beaches either, as a kid I always enjoyed them, I could build sand castles with my sister, take the dingy out to sea to a nearby island, eat ice cream, and play at the nearby arcades. The only thing I hated about the beach when I was younger was the sand itself, that thing sticks to everything and you're dragging it around for days and bringing everywhere with you. My parents hated how sandy the car got.

Now, as an adult the beach ****ing sucks and I don't understand why anyone that doesn't have kids goes there. Well, I do, It's women that want to drive all the way out to the coast just to nest on a beach rather than their sofa or bed.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
@Satan What Deus said. I don't like beaches either, as a kid I always enjoyed them, I could build sand castles with my sister, take the dingy out to sea to a nearby island, eat ice cream, and play at the nearby arcades. The only thing I hated about the beach when I was younger was the sand itself, that thing sticks to everything and you're dragging it around for days and bringing everywhere with you. My parents hated how sandy the car got.
1d8d454e8b5e22dac6340b8d69c6ef4b.jpg

Reactions: Dan

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
images

Good news. I found cheap flights to Rome, Italy a few days ago. I've already booked new appartment in the heart of Rome, our trip continued to Italy.... This summer is going to be unforgettable.

Last edited:

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I’ve never travelled overseas and still rarely within the borders of my country, but places like Hawker and Renmark in South Australia are easily my favourite places that I’ve been.

This year I have done a bit of travelling for work, and Sydney proved to be quite hospitable and having a bit of extra down time that weekend was a nice opportunity to see everything

Pen

The game is on!
Travel within Europe is usually pretty simple so thanks to that, other than my homeland Sweden, I've been to Denmark, Norway, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy and Greece. Outside of Europe I’ve also been to Tunisia and the USA. And next week I’m actually going on my first trip to Asia! I’ll be staying in Tokyo for ten nights with my cousin. :)

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've seen both the west and east coasts of Canada and the USA, but I've never left this continent.

As for notable places I've been outside of Canada, I've been to New York, Orlanda, and San Francisco. I've driven through Seattle as well, and went to Idaho for a festival in 11th grade. We went to Disneyland in LA when I was 2, but I don't remember much at all from that trip. The last time I traveled was to San Francisco in 2014, but I will be visiting the southeastern United States (notably Georgia and possibly but maybe not Florida) this December so I'm excited for that!

Eventually I would like to go overseas somewhere. Australia is on the list, as well as Japan and Italy (or really anywhere in Europe).

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I've seen both the west and east coasts of Canada and the USA, but I've never left this continent.

As for notable places I've been outside of Canada, I've been to New York, Orlanda, and San Francisco. I've driven through Seattle as well, and went to Idaho for a festival in 11th grade. We went to Disneyland in LA when I was 2, but I don't remember much at all from that trip. The last time I traveled was to San Francisco in 2014, but I will be visiting the southeastern United States (notably Georgia and possibly but maybe not Florida) this December so I'm excited for that!

Eventually I would like to go overseas somewhere. Australia is on the list, as well as Japan and Italy (or really anywhere in Europe).
I'm in Canada right now. Will be in Victoria soon

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Nice, whereabouts in Canada? Vancouver is super nice, as is Victoria, but I totally recommend traveling inland and checking out the interior. Its beautiful, especially around the area I live.
Went to the Buchart gardens and walked around the city. Twas fun

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I recently returned back to Yokohama from a short trip to Hiroshima. I was there for a few days to attend the annual peace memorial ceremony they have there on the same date as the atomic bombing during WW2. It was my third trip to Hiroshima but my first for the ceremony. It is always very moving to visit Hiroshima and seeing the peace park and museum is a heavy reminder about the importance of making sure we don't allow such destruction to happen to anyone again.

I've also got three friends from Australia coming to visit me next month, we will be staying in Tokyo for two weeks together (with a quick trip to Osaka/Kyoto/Nara in there too).

Following their departure later next month I'll fly to Seoul, South Korea for a four day trip to see some stuff I missed when I was there for only 23 hours earlier this year and to catch up with some of my friends in Seoul. Then I'll head straight to Okinawa (like the Hawaii of Japan) for a five day beach getaway. It's gonna be an awesome summer break :)

I decided to visit Spain this fall. It has everything, from incredible landscapes and beaches, to world-famous cuisine and rich history. Want to go to Balearic Islands. I know that Mallorca has amazing sailing destinations and I'm planning to rent a boat at https://sailica.com with my friends and explore the nearest coastline. It's gonna be amazing journey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom