• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vaati thoughts?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Vaati was the key antagonist for the Four Swords saga, but that's really it. He hasn't been seen in any games outside of those, and some might even say his only "important" appearance was in Minish Cap. It's interesting to know that after Ganon, he's the villain that makes the most appearances. How do you guys feel about him though? Did you ever like him as a villain? Should he ever come back or just remain in that subset of Zelda games?
Adding to that question if you answer yes, should he only be relegated to be the bad guy in a game that involves the Four Sword? Or do you think he'd be good enough to be the main antagonist in a higher profile single player Zelda game; no Four Sword involved?

I never really liked him. He felt a bit poser-ish, like Ghirahim before Ghirahim.

But then again, I didn't enjoy Minish Cap as a whole or the Four Sword kerfuffle at all and I associate Vaati with all of that so I just never really meshed with him.

He also never felt as threatening as some of the other villains. He has the same feeling as Debbie and Yuga do, just also-ran villains that don't mount up to much.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I really like him. Especially in Minish Cap (sicne he's not much of a character in FS or FSA). With his use of magic and guile he's such a good contrast to Ganon, who is more about power. I'd love to see him again as the main villain of a game. Even as a sub-villain would be cool, but not as much.
As the Four Sword is what keeps him sealed, it'd have to be part of the story somehow, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the weapon that Link uses in that game.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I absolutely love Vaati and would love to see him make an appearance in another Zelda game. I think he’s got such a fascinating design and I hate to see him relegated to the FS games. I want to see Zelda branch out with its reoccurring villains, I feel like we’re stuck with “it’s either Ganon, or a one time villain you’ll never see again.” And I definitely think Vaati is a villain worth investing more time and games into.

I liked Vaati in Minish Cap, but didn't much care for his floating eyeball form in the Four Swords games or really the Four Swords games themselves. I wouldn't mind Vaati coming back and getting more development, but in another single player installment. And preferably not permanently as a floating eyeball.

Great baddie. Probably one of the few legitimately challenging bosses in the series in modern Zeldas. I like his design, I like his fight, his motives could have used more work, his voice didn't suit him. He was fairly efficient at causing havoc and generally getting things done.

@Spirit

Kerfuffle is such a fun word to say. If any word needed to become widespread again, I'd vote for that one.

Vaati has so much potential as a villain, second to Majora, in my opinion.
Ganondorf will always be the main big bad but I think Nintendo should lay him off a bit. It'd make him that much more intimidating when he comes back.
I love Vaati's evil sorcerer concept and awesome design: long hair, flowing robes, etc. Fits perfectly with the medieval fantasy of Zelda.
They should bring him back.

I liked Vaati in Minish Cap, but didn't much care for his floating eyeball form in the Four Swords games or really the Four Swords games themselves. I wouldn't mind Vaati coming back and getting more development, but in another single player installment. And preferably not permanently as a floating eyeball.

If they bring Vaati back, it'd be most epic in his human form in a single player game.

For a while Vaati was the second most recurring villain after Ganondorf but I guess Nintendo forgot him.
I like how he was the main villain in one of the Zelda games, and not just Ganondorf's lackey. It shows he can hold his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom