• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vaati; The True Villain of Hyrule?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This thread is only for those of you who believe that Minish Cap is the first game in the timeline. If you do not believe it is the first game in the timeline then just humor me and stick to the topic of the thread.

So, assuming that MC is the first game in the timeline, does this mean that Vaati is the true archenemy of Link? Yes, Ganon/dorf has fought him more times, he appeared in games first and he is much stronger, but if MC is first then he was not the first villain.

What if Vaati is the true villain of the series. If this is the case, do you think we will see more of Vaati and less of Ganon/dorf?

Vaati does follow the same pattern as Ganon/dorf. He wants power. He gains power. He uses that power to try and get more power. It seems like he has achieved his ultimate power. Kid wearing green destroys/captures him.

He has basically done just as much as Ganon/dorf and if MC is first then he is the first true villain to Hyrule.

So what do you guys think? Is Vaati the true Hyrule villain or is it Ganon/dorf. Keep in mind I'm not asking who is first. This is not a timeline debate. I'm asking who you think the true Hyrule villain is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say that Ganon is the true villain of Hyrule. As you mentioned, they both did have a lot of similar characteristics in the way they went about obtaining power and conquering the world, but Ganon is said to be the one chosen to possess the Triforce of Power. I think that means more toward his importance than Vaati. Although Ganondorf is evil in his ways, it doesn't change the fact that he is the one who is supposed to weild the Triforce of Power, thus it creates a seeming never ending cycle of Link vs. Ganon.

I agree with DarkLink, I think ganondorf is the true villian, as he appears before many links, where Vaati has only appeared in front of one (excluding four swords - a game I am yet to play)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I agree with DarkLink, I think ganondorf is the true villian, as he appears before many links, where Vaati has only appeared in front of one (excluding four swords - a game I am yet to play)

Well even if you are excluding FS, he appears in front of 2 Links. (FSA and MC).

I understand the whole ToP thing, but many people believe that the hat that Vaati steals from Ezlo is the ToP or even more powerful than it. When he recieves the hat, he is granted any wish. This is almost exactly what happens when the Triforce is obtained except the only difference is that the person who gets the Triforce has their deepest desire come true whereas with the hat the wish that they specifically ask for comes true. To me, it seems as though the hat is more powerful than the ToP and the hat is what Vaati wields.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I do not believe That Vaati is the true villian of hyrule. Here is why:
Vaati gains his power by putting on the magical cap. This cap he recieves through theft, he is not mean to have this cap. It is forged as a gift to the humans. Ganondorf on the other hand, is given the Triforce of power through fate. He is destined to be what he becomes. In my opinion, destiny is more solid than chance, and it was chance that Vaati got hold of that cap.

Also, Vaati only ever manages to absorb some of, not all of the 'light force.' Whereas Ganondorf gets the whole Triforce of Power. As there is alot of speculation that the Triforce and the light force are one and the same, this means, that even at his most powerful, Vaati would never be as powerful as Ganondorf.

One final point is that Ganondorf specifically can only be killed by whoever posseses the master sword, and therefore by extension. Link. Whereas, Vaati could be destroyed by anyone, it is just pure coincidence that it is Link who assembles the 'Four Sword.'

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
In general, I don't think the first villain has to be the main villain or arch-enemy.

In terms of other media, Batman's main villain is undoubtedly the Joker, yet one of the first villains who still exists in comics today that Batman dealt with was Dr. Hugo Strange (who's something of a 3rd tier villain now).

With James Bond, his first villain was Le Chiffre (books) and Dr No (movies) yet most consider Blofeld to be his arch-enemy.

I think it's more of a case of which villain comes out on top in terms of being an opposite ot the hero, and also the frequency of the villain. Ganon/dorf has definitely come out on top in terms of frequency, and since he is the dark power aspect of the Triforce to Link's courage, he is a better villainous foil to Link.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

wasn't vaati also in ALttP? omfg 50 character limit...
No. The Four Sword Palace was in the Dark World in the GBA version, but Vaati himself never appeared.

I hate to be redundant, but I'm going to say the true villain at the core of the Zelda series is definitely Ganon. Regardless of whether or not Vaati was the first major villain to come into play, the whole idea of The Legend of Zelda revolves around the Triforce, which Ganon has laid more claims to than Vaati has.

Ganon was a major boss in seven different Zelda games (not counting the nightmare in Link's Awakening), but Vaati has only been a major boss in three Zelda games. The first game they released focused on Ganon because he is part of the overarching story that Zelda presents.

Think about their comparative roles in Four Swords Adventures, Vaati was a huge threat, but it turns out that Ganon is using him as merely a stepping-stone to try to gain power. We see the same kind of thing in Twilight Princess, where Zant is a huge threat to humanity, but it turns out that Ganondorf is just using him. Zant was a central part of Twilight Princess and Vaati was the central part of the Four Swords series, but, when you get to the Zelda series as a whole, Ganon is the central part in much the same way, though not knowingly influenced by any greater forced like Vaati and Zant were.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
How does "first" = "most prominent" ?
Vaati's just a spoiled Minish brat who acquired a little power from a magic hat. He had the Force for all of about 5 minutes once as well.

Ganon has had the power of the gods on his side many, many times.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I agree with you, Zemen. Also, for those who have seen my theory (the new one), Ganon would not have obtained much power at all if it weren't for Vaati. Yes, I think Vaati may be the true villain. I would like to see more of him in the future. Do I think so? Probably not any time soon.

You know, he could be in ST. We really have no idea as to who the main villain(s) are/is this time.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
yeah I hope its Vaati. Ganon is an old worn out pair of socks. Vaati is a new pair of socks that arent completely comfortable yet, but with a little mopre wear will be the comfiest there are. Excuse the metaphor, but what I am trying to say is that Ganon is effectively dead. If he continues to appear the Zelda games will just become boring. whereas, Vaati is reaching a point where we know enough about him to be comfortable with him being a repeat boss, but, at the moment he is more of an unknown commidity, but not unknown enough that it is interesting (like Majora.)

Anyway, I agree with what someone stated above that it is clear Ganondorf is a greater power as he actually uses Vaati as his puppet in FSA. However, I was thinking, what if Ganon/dorf is also a puppet, and there is an even greater power that we are yet to discover. I think it could be one of the godesses or gods, as, which god in their right mind would give Ganondorf the ToP, surely they can see the evil in his heart and therefore tell that he is bound to use it for evil.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Vaati's just a spoiled Minish brat who acquired a little power from a magic hat. He had the Force for all of about 5 minutes once as well.

There is not a single game where Ganon/dorf acquires the entire Triforce and get his darkest wishes realized.

Vaati manages to acquire a hat that seems to have the exact same power as the Triforce.

With that in mind, is Ganon/dorf really better. Vaati got an item that granted his wish, Ganon/dorf does not.

The Triforce was obviously a well known item in MC yet Vaati is not at all interested in it. I wonder why.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

There is not a single game where Ganon/dorf acquires the entire Triforce and get his darkest wishes realized.

Vaati manages to acquire a hat that seems to have the exact same power as the Triforce.

With that in mind, is Ganon/dorf really better. Vaati got an item that granted his wish, Ganon/dorf does not.

The Triforce was obviously a well known item in MC yet Vaati is not at all interested in it. I wonder why.

The Gods have tried to stop him many, many times. They obviously didn't purposely give him power. The Triforce seems to choose who its pieces want to be with. Vaati isn't around for any of the Triforce based games so of course the ToP doesn't go to him.

This is kind of a right and wrong statement. In ALttP, Ganon is shown to have possession of the complete Triforce, and he did apparently get his wish in that game's backstory. Ganon doesn't show full use of the Triforce in this game, but in my opinion ALttP is the point in which Ganon is at his most powerful. The manual for ALttP state's that no one knew what Ganon had wished for, but obviously he wished to rule the Sacred Realm, yet had Hyrule in mind. I read somewhere that this was the reason the Dark World resembled Hyrule so much.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET

Why? As far as I remember, (and I have played this game through AT LEAST 5 times) the triforce isnt mentioned once in MC. There is alot of speculoation that the light force, is the triforce. In which case Vaati merely manages to gain the ToW as that would be the piece which is inside Zelda. Ganon/dorf completes the Triforce at least twice to my memory. ALttP and WW. True he in WW he doesnt manage to make his wish, but he still manages to achieve alot more than Vaati.

Also, the Link in MC is, in appearance, the youngest Link to date, though this is just speculation.

A final point, which in my eyes makes Vaati a weaker 'baddy' is that before putting on the magic cap, Vaati is nothing, some elders apprentice, he is weak and useless. However, Ganondorf accomplishes great feats before he even realises he has the ToP, and can kick some serious *** without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom