• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Vaati’s Review: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Ever since I have played Pokémon Conquest, I have been hooked to the Samurai Warriors Franchise and since then I have played its latest entry Samurai Warriors 3. I thought Samurai Warriors 3 was a very good game and it makes me want to play Samurai Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends, but unfortunately that never made it outside of japan. Despite that however, Samurai Warriors 3 made me want to play other entries to the series. Unfortunately I couldn’t access any other entries to the series but once I got myself a Nintendo Wii U, a new path was open to me… literally.

While I was browsing the e-shop I stumbled across Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper and because it had a mugshot of Yukimura Sanada on the icon, I thought I give it a go. I had to wait ages for it to download and install, but I think the wait paid off. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is the best Koei game I have ever played and I do not regret buying it over New Super Mario bros U which was my initial purchase.

Gameplay
If you have played a Koei game like Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors before, then the gameplay is nothing new. However, I don’t know what it is but even though it’s basically the same gameplay, I’m just thrilled by it and because I have never played Dynasty Warriors before (well… I have played one of them before but back then I couldn’t get into it.) Some of the gameplay elements were new to me like selecting 3 characters at a time and weapon fusion for example. Despite Koei’s lack of innovative in its gameplay, it still is very good and in a sense doesn’t need to change.

Graphics
I’m not too fussed about graphics so there isn’t much to say them, but let’s give it a shot. I think they were pretty much the same Graphics as Samurai Warriors 3 but shinier, having said that I think the high resolution makes up for it. When it comes to HD graphics, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is the prime for me. They aren’t over the top like a handful of X-Box and PlayStation 3 games and it doesn’t interfere with the gameplay (Apparently Dynasty Warriors 6 opted to better graphics which hindered Gameplay, so my best friend tells me. I’m not sure what he means exactly but trust he isn’t making it up.) Overall the Graphics are satisfactory for me and the enhanced resolution just adds icing on the cake.

Sound/music
One thing that irks me about the voice acting specifically is that it is all in Japanese. I’m aware that Koei didn’t want to delay the game further just to find English voice actors, but after playing Samurai Warriors 3 which did feature English voice acting, it kinda made me a little disappointed. I’ll get over it though because I understand that there are so many characters and so little decent voice actors. Moving on to the music, I love it. As I write this review I am listening to the soundtrack of Samurai Warriors 3 and I cannot get the music out of my head. It blends modern music with Japanese/Chinese Culture and it works really well. And what I love about Warriors Orochi 3 is that it does include original track of some of my favorite Samurai warriors 3 music (Anegawa for example) as long as they have original music in collab games like this, I’m golden.

Story
This Is where the spoilers really kicks in. I haven’t completed it yet but so far I like it. 3 Warriors travel to the past to recruit an army of other warriors to defeat a Hydra which is devastating the world. I get really worked up when one character dies due to the storyline (I got very upset when I saw Magoichi Saika meet his demise) but once I learned that you could travel back further in time to change the future, I was relieved. I would go into detail more, but it will go into major spoilers so I’ll finish with this last spoiler: I like the story so far, but as of now from where I am currently at I don’t see how I will be able to unlock the Antagonists as they were the ones who summoned the Hydra in the first place. I guess if I played the other Warriors Orochi Games I would know why.

Final Verdict
Overall I am glad I bought this game and I strongly recommend getting Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for the Wii U, especially if you are looking for something to keep you occupied. If you are the sort of person who would like to beat the hell out of inferior soldiers just to lose steam then this is the game for you. Warriors Orochi 3 is a very good starting point to get into Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, you do not need to play the first or second one to understand what is going on even though they do mention some back story. So yeah, it’s a very addicting game and is worth playing. It will take ages to download and install, but I do believe the wait is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom