• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Using Protection

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You know what they say: "Don't be silly, cover your technology".

So how do you protect your technology? Do you tend to use a lot of screen protectors and cases on your tech or do you prefer to go commando?

I tend to use screen protectors on touch screen devices which I have but not on others like my laptop. I've got screen protectors on my DS/3DS consoles and my phone (I should have one on my switch too but have been too lazy to get around to it).

I always keep hard case shells around my phones and laptops but haven't had one on any of my portable consoles since the DSi (I tend to put them inside zip-up hard cases when they're not in use though).

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I always use protection. Don’t wanna ever get my device... damaged.

I have both cases and screen protectors on my phones and buy screen protectors for anything with a touch screen, with the tempered glass ones being my preference. These devices very often cost way too much to have to repair or replace so it’s cheaper in the long run to lay out the small extra cost for a hard case and a screen protector. Even my Switch, which never leaves its dock (let alone my house) has a screen protector on it.

Ninja

Well well well
My wife and I have been together for ten years, while our products are free from defects or software transmitted diseases, we still like to at least cover the device up. She also is prescribed a monthly protection program just in case the screen protector breaks. The last time we didn't cover one of the devices, we ended up with an expensive brand new one.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
For my phone I always get an otter box and a tempered glass screen protector. I've never bought anything for my portable gaming devices, besides carrying cases for them. I also don't see much benefit in buying any protection for my laptop because I'm usually careful whenever I take it places, I think it'd be hard to drop or anything. The worse that could happen is a beverage gets spilled on it, but that's never been an issue yet.

Very clever title and thread though, haha.

My phone is always encased. Seen too many cracked screens to bother with the risk given how fragile they are.
Most other things are alright as is.

I have a case on my phone, but it's less to protect it at this point and more so I can actually hold it. My phone is so slippery and wonky, and it's hard to hold without a case to give it a more grippable dimension. So I guess the case protects it from being dropped as often as it would be without it?

I have an all-over case for my ipod that I got on clearance when the 4th gen nanos came out (mine's a 3rd gen) and it makes me feel less guilty about dropping it because it's soft and rubbery. It's better than the ipod sock thing I had before that because you can't use the ipod while it's in the sock. I got a new case a few years back because the first one was falling apart (it's the same one, found it on amazon), and I liked that the package said "for the new ipod nano" for a 10 year old ipod. Was funny.

I keep my Switch in a storage case when I'm not using it, but I only put my 3ds in a case if I'm taking it with me when I'm travelling or something. I like screen protectors on most of my stuff, especially if they are subject to scratching, but only if I can put them on without getting bubbles. Otherwise they're just annoying.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I only use a case for my phone. No screen protector, though. I don't have any sort of protection for any other of my devices (i.e. Switch, laptop).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't have any protection for my laptop, which I probably should have from the start since it's got some good dents and nicks in it now.

My phone has been in the same hard plastic otter box case since I got it more than 3 years ago and, while the case has one chip in it, I've dropped my phone several times and the case has done an incredible job of protecting it as there are no scratches or cracks anywhere. I also used to have a screen protector but it started peeling off and wouldn't stick back on so I just took it off.

I have a case for my GBASP that I keep it in, though there's really no point since it's already heavily scratched on the back. I also have a case for my Switch that I keep it in when I'm not using it. Other than that though, I don't really have cases for my consoles. Both of my 3DS's remain unprotected.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I use a soft beveled edge case for my phone so that if it falls it hits the edge of the case instead of the screen. I don't use a screen protector.

I've never broken a screen.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My original 3DS doesn't have anything on the touch screen but my newer one came with one, I got both used. I think my Wii U also came with one, Thanks Nintendo for that, it was refurbished and bought from them. My phones it was instant, the first one I had to special order from Amazon cuz it was a Nexus, but Best Buy had everything for my Samsung right there. I also got one when I got my Switch.

Considering how many times I have dropped my phone and the wallet case flips open., don't understand why. The protector has kept my phone safe for me for the last 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom