• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Using DS or 3DS?

What handheld do you prefer for playing B/W?

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Recently, i picked up my pokemon game again. And of course i have been transfering alot for Gen 4 to Gen 5.

Until now i played pokemon white on my 3DS, but i found myself playing the DS again with this game. Now i know you can adjust the resolution on the 3DS to match DS games, but it just felt more comfortable playing this game with the DS.

So am I the only one with this preference?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've played B/W on 3DS before, I believe there is a way to make the resolution on 3DS to fit that of the DS (just press Start + Select while booting up a DS game) but I could be wrong. My preference is the 3DS because I felt like the brightness was of better quality, and of course it shows more pixels so the game feels a bit more captivating than on the original system.

I use my 3DS only for the Reason my Ds/Dslite/Dsi Have all been so over used at this point they deserve a break.

Kazumi

chagy
Well, I don't have a 3DS yet, but when I do I'm going to continue playing DS games on my DS. The reason for this is because unfortunately DS games look quite poor on the 3DS. On the 3DS the colors look very desaturated, and of course the resolution is stretched. While you can set the resolution to the original DS size, it still doesn't look as bright and vibrate as on say, the DSi.

So, I would choose the DS to play Black and White, or any of my DS collection.

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
i use my ds, but only because the battery lasts a lot longer. having to charge my 3ds constantly becomes a hassle because my 3yo. sister and 1yo. brother always want to sit on my lap while i play pokemon

I prefer playing them on my DSi XL because of the huge screen. Unless I'm doing video chat because by DSi camera is broken then only then will I play on my 3DS. Or if I just happen to have my 3DS on me at the time.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I have a DS but it's at the top of my closet and I haven't played it since I got the 3DS on March 26, 2011. So I play it on my 3DS, even though the resolution is somewhat crappy!

3ds, my normal ds fell off the tv stand and the screen was only held on by tape. I ended up giving it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom