• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Use of Fortune Tellers In Zelda Games

Fortune Tellers were added in some games of Zelda and were supposed to help the player when he/she is confused on what to do next. But do you think that they are really of use? In my lifetime of playing Zelda, I have used the fortune teller twice, in ALTTP and SS. I really haven't used the fortune teller as much because I usually figured things out myself. With the new Zelda 3D being the same world as ALLTP, do you expect the fortune teller to be there? Would you like fortune tellers to be in future games?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well not every ones thought process is the same. It should not bother people becouse it is optional. So I dont care wether ther is a hint system.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm actually not against the fortune tellers of the games. I would prefer if they were more cryptic like in ALttP or LoZ, but in any game I've seen them in thus far, they never felt like they were forced on the player. Even in SS where a cut scene stops you to tell you there's a fortune teller, this is the only time and the cutscene itself still gives somewhat of a feature that you don't have to participate. Are they useful? I'd say yes, though since the Zelda games have become easier I haven't had much need for them lately. I used LoZ ones the most, the ALttP ones alot to advance in the game, the TP one to find a couple of heart pieces, and I only used the SS one once because of the cutscene. I'd say they're not really too helpful the easier the game gets, which have as of lately been really easy. Once the games get a bit more difficult, fortune tellers in said games will become more valuable.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm actually not against the fortune tellers of the games. I would prefer if they were more cryptic like in ALttP or LoZ, but in any game I've seen them in thus far, they never felt like they were forced on the player. Even in SS where a cut scene stops you to tell you there's a fortune teller, this is the only time and the cutscene itself still gives somewhat of a feature that you don't have to participate. Are they useful? I'd say yes, though since the Zelda games have become easier I haven't had much need for them lately. I used LoZ ones the most, the ALttP ones alot to advance in the game, the TP one to find a couple of heart pieces, and I only used the SS one once because of the cutscene. I'd say they're not really too helpful the easier the game gets, which have as of lately been really easy. Once the games get a bit more difficult, fortune tellers in said games will become more valuable.

^ This.

Aside from the one part in Skyward Sword, I've only ever used the fortune teller to help me 100% Twilight Princess. I generally try to go without hints, since it makes you think for yourself. I don't see anything wrong with fortune tellers, though. They can be quite helpful if players are having trouble completing a game. I have no problem seeing them in the games, as long as they are optional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom