• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Ura Zelda Project (Fan Video Game, Ignore Prefix)

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I feel like this thread doesn't fit anywhere else. And I feel like here it wont get much publicity, even though it really should. But here it is: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Ura

There is a team of people led by a man named ZethN64 modding ocarina of time to make a new zelda game on the Nintendo 64. I know many people have said they are doing this and that many people have tried, but the team working on this is actually making great progress, with the screenshots, new music tracks, and trailers to prove it. They are calling the project Ocarina of Time Ura or Ura Zelda Project Restoration. Or something along those lines. But the team called it this based on the title of the Zelda game that never was. Their website is here.(Just wanted to post their site near the top) But keep reading.

The project started out by just adding the unused temple ideas from Ocarina of Time: The Temple of Light, the Ice Temple, and The Sky/Wind Temple. But after a vote the game has been redesigned based on a quote from someone important to Nintendo commenting on Ocarina of Time Ura, many,many years ago, and the quote stated that the game would most likely be all new story, dungeons, items etc.. So that is the path this project has gone down. (Note: The game is not to be an exact replica of Ura 64dd since little is know about what the game actually would've been like. And now that the new dungeons are being added, the game progress is at about 50% complete.

The game is completely different, now with a total of about 12 dungeons; (Child Dungeons>)Deepwood Shrine, TurtleRock Cavern, Lakebed Grotto, Temple of Light, (Adult>)Palace of Darkness, Earth Temple, Palace of Ice, Palace of Wind, Marsh Palace, Temple of Souls, Tower of Fate, and Pyramid of Power. Source

The team doing this is promising the project will not be scrapped, and will eventually be playable on an emulator or on the N64(with an expansion pack necessary of course), but as a patch to a ROM, so they aren't selling anything. The youtube channel to their leader, ZethN64, is here. Although, I recommend not going there since he updated the channel and hates it. So he might be moving it to his amazing website here:The Legend of Zelda ~OCARINA OF TIME URA~ Screenshots, Music Tracks, and Trailers for the game can be seen on the Multimedia page, and they always need help so donate to the project if you like it! Explore the website too!

NEW VIDEO HERE: This new video explains a few questions, as to how the game will be released and news on the game itself. Another Note, the thumbnail only has to do with the origin of Ura Zelda [video=youtube;UMD_fc2peT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMD_fc2peT0[/video]

This project looks really positive and the group is really approachable. If you want more information on the project research it online or message ZethN64 or one of the members on the project that can be found on their main site. But dont tell them to go faster and stuff because they do the project in their spare time. And sorry to the moderators if this is in the wrong thread or i can't post about it or something. And if you can find a better place for the thread, please move it, because I had to put the Zelda Art prefix in front of it even though its a fan game.

Do you think this'll happen? Comment. I want to see people's thoughts :)

Thanks

P.S.
If you want to see some action/evidence of the project, the posts below contain videos and screenshots of Ura Zelda.

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I feel like this should really be recognized because this really is going to happen. The team is actively working and has shown even more great progress since a month ago when i posted this.

EDIT: Sorry I knows it appeared like a bump, but I meant to click edit post, and I wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
NEWS ON PROJECT:If anyone on Zelda Dungeon knows this exists and still cares, there are some updates:

One of the new dungeons can be previewed here: It is currently known as the Palace of Ice: [video=youtube;iFCRiydBUaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFCRiydBUaQ&feature=relmfu[/video]

One of the dungeon trailers that's been around for a while (but I'll still post it) can be seen here: It is currently known as the Palace of Light:[video=youtube;YeoeCo_jf28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeoeCo_jf28[/video]

This project looks really good, and there are now many new videos explaining the Ura Project, and if you want to learn more about the project, browse ZethN64's channel, and watch the explanatory videos. Trailer 3 for the project will be coming out soon and if I'm not mistaken, this trailer is supposed to have many new updates, locations, places, and the new character model for Link!The project and its atmosphere look absolutely stunning as it is, and it will be uploaded for download sometime in the future when the project is complete. Can't Wait!

(Sorry, I just thought this was too big of an update for an edit post.)

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Trailer 3 for the Patch comes out in late August, and it may be the last trailer before it is released. If you want to learn more about the project, check out the GCN's website or the Ura Project website!

I may post some screenshots so people can see pictures without clicking a link. I want someone other than me to comment on this Thread :P

05.jpg06.jpg10.jpg11.jpg15.jpg

This first one is the new Castle Town, the next one is the Palace of the Marsh, I believe the next ones are both from the Palace of Time, and the last photo is from the Palace of Wind.

There are a total of 18 screenshots (including these) in the Multimedia section of the website.

There also have been a few more videos, one of them being a battle in the new Castle Town with the game running on a MM game engine. Since this game engine works more smoothly, the team is thinking about converting it to this permanently.

Here is the video:[video=youtube;ouSa18V43rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSa18V43rc[/video]

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
yupp its real. research the project more, it is going to be amazing. Check the FAQ page on the Ura Zelda website if you have any questions, and if that didnt answer them, you can ask me. And it will be available as a patch for OoT or MM and ,as I understand, before this is released, there will be more information about how to install/play it.

It will not be released/sold on its on ROM because that would be illegal technically, but sharing a mod isnt illegal :P.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is real, I've seen videos myself...this isn't an official Nintendo product but a bunch of mods using OoT game files and a few MM files here and there. Now I odn't know the ins and outs of hacking/modding, since it requires some extensive knowledge of things like assembly and probably even more in depth than that, but I do know this Ura Zelda project will end in complete awesomeness. Far better than recent Zeldas, if I so dare.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I don't know much about modding or hacking either, but these guys are pros at it, and I agree, this is going to be really amazing. My goal in this thread is to tell people who would love it about it because they would probably never hear about it otherwise. :P

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Nice to know there are other people here who know about this and are as excited about it as I am. :) I've been following the project for over a year now and I can't wait for the new trailer, let alone the game coming out. The whole thing is looking amazing so far.

Btw, just out of curiosity, have you heard of the NPC contest from a year ago or make an entry? I was in the contest so I'm just curious.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Nice to know there are other people here who know about this and are as excited about it as I am. :) I've been following the project for over a year now and I can't wait for the new trailer, let alone the game coming out. The whole thing is looking amazing so far.

Btw, just out of curiosity, have you heard of the NPC contest from a year ago or make an entry? I was in the contest so I'm just curious.

Yes I've heard of the contest, but I did not participate, because I don't believe I knew it was going on :P. And even if I had known, its doubtful I would have entered
, due to the fact that I am a dreadful artist.

But how did your entry do in the contest? :D

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Yupp. Lol Triforce, but its just a joke mod I think. :D. Here I'll post it.

[video=youtube;R6xyLlEaMlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xyLlEaMlA&feature=plcp[/video]

onidarklink, I also don't know if you've seen the new artwork up on the gcn database. The guy posted it there, and immediately after, he was hired as concept artist for the project. I'd tell everyone to go look, but ah hell, ill just show it here:

palace_of_ice__hyrule_by_spire_iii-d5c8a5i.jpg

This piece is based off of the Palace of Ice in Ura, and my jaw dropped the second I saw it. I'm still in awe right now. But this is only a small version, because I couldn't post the larger version. The larger version has so much more detail and looks even more fantastic, I recommend going the the gcn network's website just to see it. Or you can just go on his DeviantArt page here: http://spire-iii.deviantart.com/art/Palace-of-Ice-Hyrule-322872678
On another note:

Tommorow Trailer 3 comes out. I'll try and post it up here as soon as its up.

EDIT: (on 8/26) Trailer 3 has been delayed a bit because the project leader is currently without power, and can not upload the video. Hopefully, it will be up sometime this week, and I will update this forum when its does.

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
NEWS: The Ura Zelda Expansion Project website has now been updated! You can check it out right here --->The URA Expansion

The website is looking great, and here's the new background for it. URA-BG2.jpg

This artwork looks absolutely fantastic in my opinion! You'll obviously notice the Gears of time from Skyward Sword in the center, with what looks like the antagonist of the game on the right side, and what looks to be the new Link character animation on the left! Tell me what you think of it!

Also, there is a new screenshot up of the Palace of Darkness' entrance:
09.jpg

This looks like on hell of a spooky place.

And on a final note, there has been an update to the multimedia page in terms of music. The Palace of Marsh seems to have been replaced with the name Palace of Thunder, and the songs have been taken down for re-editing. I love the idea of a Thunder Dungeon! Along with this, another new piece of music has been added! Here's the link to the multimedia page!---> The URA Expansion | Multimedia

The new song is the Theme to the Palace of Souls, which from what Zeth has told me will be reminiscent of Stone Tower, Arbiter's Grounds, and has a sort of Shadowish type feel along with a desert one. From what i hear in the music, it sounds like the Gears of Time are clinking in the background, with music very similar to Majora's Mask Final Night, and Stone Tower Temple.

All right that's all! Trailer 3 is still in the works, because Zeth is still waiting for one or two last pieces of footage. They didn't give a date as to it's release, but they said they will try to get it out ASAP. The next update on this forum will most likely be on Trailer 3, so check back later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom