• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Upside down Triforce

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Now we know that the symbol for Lorule in ALBW is the Triforce upside down but I recently started WWHD over again and noticed that the symbols on all the doors for Outset Island also had upside down Triforces. Now before anyone jumps on me I don't think they are the same region, but it's interesting that this occurs supposedly in 2 different places.

So why do you think of this is? Was the orientation of the Triforce confused in translation over the many years much like the shields interpretation?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
It's possible that the orientation of the Triforce symbol was confused, yet at the same time inverting a religious symbol is seen as anti-religious. I don't think the people of Outset intentionally inverted the Triforce symbol because they refer to the old times like they matter, so I don't think this latter point is actually what's happening. I'm just throwing that out there.

Considering that there is evidence of a game of Telephone in WW already, not only in the shield's interpretation but also in the name of the Triforce ("Triumph Forks"), it would make sense that the orientation of the Triforce symbol was mixed up also. As for the ALBW connection, it's more of a coincidence, since the original version of WW contained that symbol too, and WW was released about 10 years before ALBW was.

Some of the Hyrule shields carry the upside down Triforce too. You have the main Triforce and below it is the upside down one. Not sure if that was intentional either or the design inspired ALBW.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's possible that the orientation of the Triforce symbol was confused, yet at the same time inverting a religious symbol is seen as anti-religious. I don't think the people of Outset intentionally inverted the Triforce symbol because they refer to the old times like they matter, so I don't think this latter point is actually what's happening. I'm just throwing that out there.

Considering that there is evidence of a game of Telephone in WW already, not only in the shield's interpretation but also in the name of the Triforce ("Triumph Forks"), it would make sense that the orientation of the Triforce symbol was mixed up also. As for the ALBW connection, it's more of a coincidence, since the original version of WW contained that symbol too, and WW was released about 10 years before ALBW was.
This pretty much makes the most sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom