• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Upset?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I would shrug and ignore him like I do with all his timeline comments. The man is a brilliant developer, and its obvious it couldn't care less what order the games come in.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I wouldn't care much....I don't love Zelda games because they all fit into one timeline perfectly....I love them for being amazing games that can stand on their own. And with the timeline discussion thing, we could still try to fit them all in a timeline by only speculating and theorizing about it.

Last edited:
Glad. It's what I've always thought, anyways.

I don't really personally find that there is a definite timeline anymore. I think it's just a bunch of mostly stand-alone games. Only a few have connections to each other, IMO.

"Finally"

That's what I would think. How long have they been torturing us with this subject? It would be a relief to finally get a straight up answer about it. I don't think it would be wise for them to announce it though. I'm sure they enjoy seeing us suffer.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Seeing as timeline theories really annoy me, and I really don't care too much about them, I wouldn't be upset. I mean, I like speculating on timelines, and things like Amelie mentioned (Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time), as well as trying to order certain games; but it isn't something I'm too concerned with.

I agree with you. I like how certain games reference each other, such as OoT, MM, PH, and WW.

I'd kind of like a timeline to slowly develop over time as games are released, but it really is all about a boy who goes out to save a princess. It's just that there is something nice about a little bit of continuity.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Timeline theories seem to give meaning to people, like they can't understand a game unless they know the timeline in which it happens. I agree with what some people have said, that they all look similar. I agree on that, if it's a good game then PLAY IT :D The rest shouldn't matter! The knitty gritty details are minor to me.

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
I would be relieved. There are so many people who post threads about it and I really don't care! As long as there is some kind of boy dressed in green to save the world (and Zelda in most games, but not in all).Though I do believe MM is the sequel to OoT.

Claire

The Geekette
To be totally honest? I'd be much happier knowing if there was no timeline whatsoever than to hear, "Well, there is sort of a timeline..." It would literally be more appealing because I'd rather have it official and set in stone, rather than it floating about like it is. While timeline theories can be cute and all, I'd rather know the original truth than for them to try and make off as their is a timeline (assuming there isn't).

There either is, or there isn't. Now all we need is someone to say whether there is an official timeline or not. Until then, I'll stick to my own theory as though there isn't.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I agree with Lenora. Zelda never even seemed like there was a timeline. The series makes more since if it didn't have one. I mean... its basically the same game over again anyway... Link is always Link... Ganon is always Ganon and Zelda is Zelda. Why do we have to keep thinking that ancestors are ancestors and this happened before that happened.

Why cant it just be the same story over again with the same Link Zelda and Ganon with maybe a different little twist.. besides the games that are obvious sequels?

I mean.. its basically that anyway. It makes my head hurt just thinking about what games came when and how it all ties in.

A

Aerostella

I would only care because I love theories and timeline theories make up the majority of the theories.

I personally like to believe that the timeline isn't actually a timeline of events, but a timeline of the legend being passed down from generation to generation. Of course, it contradicts Aonuma saying that the timeline split in OoT, but it's the simplest answer besides there being no timeline.

Shnappy

derp
I would quite frankly be shocked. Everyone has spent so much time watching and studying bits of each game, researching, and debating about timelines, that I would just be appalled, but not exactly upset, that there really was no timeline after all.

L

Link_IshSexy

Truthfully, I don't think I really would ever care. But If Miyamoto really did say that I would find it strange. The games really do seem to hint that there is a timeline, just not really put into order...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom