• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Upgrade System Video

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I'm a tad confused. Didn't they say that the mushroom forest area from the E3 2010 demo was just a demo stage, not an actual area? Or am I forgetting things wrong? Or is that not even the mushroom forest FROM the demo? *head is too full of random new info*

This entire system of item collection reminds me of things like the WW spoils and ST treasures, both of which I very much enjoyed. So this is definitely a plus. Wonder if there is any item in SS that allows stealing items from enemies like the WW grapple hook. That item screen at 0:33, looks like we'll be finding bugs too. Better not be a total rehash of TP's Golden Bugs though. Also, that Jelly Blob was SO CUTE. It amused me greatly.

Nice to get a proper view of the Bird Statues in action, and very glad that dismounting onto islands doesn't require any sort of port or landing of the bird. That Bazaar looks really amazing too.

They said it would be more divided, but it would still be in the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The upgrade system is awesome, but I sure hope people won't call it original. That said, I wonder what upgrades if any you can make to the sword? Besides, y'know, that spoiler related 'upgrade'?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The upgrade system is awesome, but I sure hope people won't call it original. That said, I wonder what upgrades if any you can make to the sword? Besides, y'know, that spoiler related 'upgrade'?

Given that Fi is very much a living spirit, I wouldn't be surprised if she could develop new abilities based on the properties of magical elements she comes in contact with. That's probably how that major upgrade you mentioned is going to be handled. That being the case, notice how on the collection menu, there are slots for insects in the upper left, slots for enemy spoils/drops on the right, and then that 4-slot purple area on the bottom left:
5A9z

It's possible that that area holds rare items, maybe unique items, or something more valuable than either of the other two collection categories. There are only four slots after all, and it can't be plot related if it's on the optional collections screen, so it could be that those are for some special types of upgrades that Fi can get?

Or it could just be a totally different collection quest. Who knows :/

kaimason1

the Wanderer
The only thing that disappoints me is that it looks like we can't save from the menu anymore.

I think there will still be a slightly different way to save from menu, as I can't believe they'll make the same mistake again they made in Majora's Mask with the save system.

The upgrade system is awesome, but I sure hope people won't call it original.

But it IS original! The only other Zelda games with an 'upgrade' system are PH and ST, and in those you upgraded your vehicle, not your items. Sure, we often get upgrades to specific items (Hookshot to Longshot, Sword upgrades, shield upgrades, tunic upgrades) , but never a specialized system like this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Those purple items *could* be plot-related collections, but like you said who knows at this moment? The leftmost purple collection item looks somewhat like a map, but then again we pull that up with the + button on the Wiimote. I can't make out any of the other 3 items, at least not something that would be important as far as collecting goes.

Within the Zelda series, I suppose you could say it is original. I meant within gaming in general, though.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I hope this drops dont work the same way they did in ST, in which in a different game cards you would randomly get a ton of common item and just one or two of other "common" items, and seriously hope that 100 hours of gameplay isnt based on getting this silly items.

Also I find it a dissapointment, or atleast by now, that the MASTER SWORD you know that holy item that opens a sacred realm and vanishes evil with its touch was made with some jelly, some vampire claws on other stuff you can gather in a field
Though I think for shields the idea is really nice :D

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
That item screen at 0:33, looks like we'll be finding bugs too. Better not be a total rehash of TP's Golden Bugs though. Also, that Jelly Blob was SO CUTE.
Another game-play video demonstrates Link catching a bug with a net.

It later shows him giving the bug to a Potion Maker, so to speak, and Link is offered a Red Potion.

So it looks like we may be making potions out of bugs. :sick:

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Mr.Verto said:
Also I find it a dissapointment, or atleast by now, that the MASTER SWORD you know that holy item that opens a sacred realm and vanishes evil with its touch was made with some jelly, some vampire claws on other stuff you can gather in a field
Not necessarily, maybe the items that you need to forge the Master Sword, are found in temples or other important places, or it's not even related with this upgrade system

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Wow, I play Monster Hunter Tri a lot, and I thought that Skyward Sword would be weird without an upgrade system like this, back in 2010! I am a freakin' amazing thing!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I am a huge fan of this. I have always been a fan of being able to upgrade things, and this does it in a way that is different in Zelda. I also got to thinking about how many times you can upgrade an item. Can you only do it the one time, or can you upgrade them a second time, etc. as you get further into the game?

F

foundthebigkey

Hi

Just registered here on account of my increasing anticipation of this game. Action RPG's are my favourite genre at the moment, followed by traditional style Zelda adventures. So for me this Zelda - light rpg elements merge is like a match made in Heaven. The more I hear about SS the more I like, and with the upgrade system I am now pretty much convinced this will be a Milestone Zelda title. And 6 months ago I had all but given up on my Wii and Ninny's creative ability.

Yay, I new forum password to lose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom