• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Upgrade System Video

[video=youtube;q6qfp_z-ytk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qfp_z-ytk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Video explaining and demonstrating the Upgrade System!

Credits go to ZeldaInformer

It seems that many updrages are available and for a lot of different items, also it looks as though you collect spoils from enemies in a similar fashion to Wind Waker and use these to get the upgrades. A very interesting and unique system, I like this a lot.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm a tad confused. Didn't they say that the mushroom forest area from the E3 2010 demo was just a demo stage, not an actual area? Or am I forgetting things wrong? Or is that not even the mushroom forest FROM the demo? *head is too full of random new info*

This entire system of item collection reminds me of things like the WW spoils and ST treasures, both of which I very much enjoyed. So this is definitely a plus. Wonder if there is any item in SS that allows stealing items from enemies like the WW grapple hook. That item screen at 0:33, looks like we'll be finding bugs too. Better not be a total rehash of TP's Golden Bugs though. Also, that Jelly Blob was SO CUTE. It amused me greatly.

Nice to get a proper view of the Bird Statues in action, and very glad that dismounting onto islands doesn't require any sort of port or landing of the bird. That Bazaar looks really amazing too.

I'm a tad confused. Didn't they say that the mushroom forest area from the E3 2010 demo was just a demo stage, not an actual area? Or am I forgetting things wrong? Or is that not even the mushroom forest FROM the demo? *head is too full of random new info*

hehe to full i can understand it is a area in the game just to say you and great video love it i also loved the huntig for special items to upgrade my train

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Wait, E10+? SKYWARD SWORD HAS A RATING AT LAST!

Just realized after looking at that again; rating says there is going to be animated blood. I mean, there's obviously not going to be a lot of it since it was only rated E10+, but I still find this piece of info very interesting, especially how after that whole OoT recoloring thing when Ganondorf coughs, Nintendo has been keeping blood out of the Zelda series.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Great find. I can't wait to see what that new purple shield will be called when it's upgraded... Actually, I bet it'll be an unfinished work of the Hylian Shield! All that's missing is the Hylian Phoenix, really.

Good to know they're using the TP Get Item theme.

Actually, they later said it would be in the game, just not the same as in the demo. So it won't be the exact same are layout, but the overall forest is in fact in the game.

Actually, they later said it would be in the game, just not the same as in the demo. So it won't be the exact same are layout, but the overall forest is in fact in the game.

Yeah, I agree. Nintendo just "has a way with words." The demo version was just a play area based on the design of the actual [real] Forest area.

Also, it has been confirmed that the Slingshot will get a spreadshot through upgrading, for example.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック

This entire system of item collection reminds me of things like the WW spoils and ST treasures, both of which I very much enjoyed. So this is definitely a plus. Wonder if there is any item in SS that allows stealing items from enemies like the WW grapple hook. That item screen at 0:33, looks like we'll be finding bugs too. Better not be a total rehash of TP's Golden Bugs though. Also, that Jelly Blob was SO CUTE. It amused me greatly.

Nice to get a proper view of the Bird Statues in action, and very glad that dismounting onto islands doesn't require any sort of port or landing of the bird. That Bazaar looks really amazing too.

The forest demo was probably just a morsel of the full, entire complete game version forest, for sure.

Man, the upgrading stuff is so freakin AWESOME!!! Slingshots can now be upgraded a more better version of itself, yay!!! The only thing that disappoints me is that it looks like we can't save from the menu anymore. Still, it's awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom