• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Update 1.6.0 and Boss Ganon DLC

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The Japanese Hyrule Warriors website has been updated with the latest downloadable content information and details on the next version (1.6.0). Translation courtesy of GameFAQs:

1.6.0 patch contains:
  • a new level cap
  • new potions
  • new medals
  • new stuff for Challenge mode (a new scenario, and a KO count - it says "battle achievements recording finition")
It will also fix the longer loadtime issues.

DLC Pack contains 2 new challenges:
  • a "Boss Challenge" in which you aim for the high score, killing giant bosses after giant bosses. You can win costumes for Link, Zelda and Lana doing that (I wonder if the stipulations will be as ridiculous as I expect for that...)
  • a "Play as Ganon" scenario in which you control the beast and go for the high score. Flavor text says because of his immense power a new challenge had to be designed just for him. You can win costumes for Ganondorf and Cia doing that.

Additionally, some artwork and screenshots of Ganon in play and such:
e_ganon_b.jpg

0217_ss03_b.jpg

0217_ss04_b.jpg

0217_ss01_b.jpg

0217_ss02_b.jpg

It appears Ganon is playable only in an exclusive mode, but is impressive and exciting regardless.

This content will release in Japan on the 26th of February. There is no known release date for other regions.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm extremely disappointed at no weapon swap mode. My anger at removing the glitch was only abated by the hope of them re-adding it as a feature.

Hopefully the new Lana costume pleases me.

I just hope the armour badges will not be worthless (as usual) for the boss challenges.
And I wonder what the new potions will be. Hopefully something good.

Sweet, I get to wreck havoc as Ganon for once! :D

I'm disappointed there aren't anymore DLC characters (R.I.P. Saria, Groose, & Skull Kid) in this pack, but hopefully it'll still be worth it despite that.

Personally, once they're done with the Hero of Hyrule Pack I'm hoping we'll get a Second Wave announcement.

That Boss Challenge mode is gonna make +Beast and +Finishing Blow reaaaaally popular.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'm really looking forward to play as Ganon.
Also, I can smell spot for farming boss materials

But I don't really understand why they rise level cap again, I mean it is 200 already. Isn't that enough?

Lusoric

What have I done?
I thought it was fake considering a few days ago there was stuff about a rayman dlc for smash bros that turned out to be fake, but seeing as this hasn't even had the word "rumored" or "possible leak" about it and that it's only in a special mode to play as ganon as such.

HELLA EXCITE.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I thought it was fake considering a few days ago there was stuff about a rayman dlc for smash bros that turned out to be fake, but seeing as this hasn't even had the word "rumored" or "possible leak" about it and that it's only in a special mode to play as ganon as such.

HELLA EXCITE.
There's also the fact that it came from the official site. Always drill down to the original source, and you can usually confirm for yourself whether it's true or not. If reporters fail to include the source, yell at them and then go find a more responsible reporter.

Lusoric

What have I done?
Yeah I'm always bad about the source checking thing, I was gonna add the whole "official on site thing" but i got to excited and just typed the last part.

I also hope they do some sort of endurance thing, I want to grind so bad

I wonder what the new potions would be. My dream potion would be:
  • Permanently add a favoured element to a stage with no favoured element
This would make the armour badges actually worth something.

Past that though, I really have no idea.
  • More XP - done.
  • More rupees - done.
  • More Materials - done.
  • Infinite powered up items - done
  • Guard breaking attacks - done
So to be honest I'm not sure what else is left. Maybe the following:
  • Damage reduction potion
  • Attack power increase
  • Run speed increase
  • Kill the weak hordes in one shot each
  • Special attacks expose giant boss weak points (as in X special attacks without having to finish your magic time early to do this, can be done without any magic at all)
  • A trio of potions, to remove one requirement from getting A Rank, Time or KO's or Damage. You'd not get any rupees for the removed requirement though (a little wishful thinking here though)
  • Make a stage all attacks are devastating (possibly not though as all the potions make the stages easier and this one would only make some stages easier and trivialise the Giant Boss fights)
I cant think of anymore but maybe you all can.

I really would like to make use of all my excess silver and gold materials. I still have a lot. Sell them for rupees, perhaps? You can do that with weapons. Why not materials?

I really would like to make use of all my excess silver and gold materials. I still have a lot. Sell them for rupees, perhaps? You can do that with weapons. Why not materials?
Many of us are not swimming in useless materials. But I am not against your idea. It gives players another option. Basically once you've made all the badges (even the worthless ones like the armour badges) then your gold and silver materials are worthless as their potions really are not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom