• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unwanted hugs

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
In recent years people have been hugging when before it was a wave or handshake or nod? Does this annoy you and how do you avoid it?? My mum keeps telling me to hug people but i dont wanna....

It's never really been a bother to me, but then again, I never really socialized that much anyway. In real life that is.

Ninja

Well well well
I’m always down for a hug, however the best way to avoid an awkward situation is to do a preemptive strike.

Before getting too close, if you don’t want a hug, fully extend your arm out for a handshake or a fist bump.

At least we are past the era of lifting up the clothing and showing leg.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yea its family maskie a coupleof my male cousins know im not comfortable cuz of their beards bit ive never really been comfortable with hugs...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I’m always down for a hug, however the best way to avoid an awkward situation is to do a preemptive strike.

Before getting too close, if you don’t want a hug, fully extend your arm out for a handshake or a fist bump.

At least we are past the era of lifting up the clothing and showing leg.
AH SCANDAL!!!! :ohno:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd prefer the Japanese way of bowing to each other. That way you don't have to touch each other at all.

Fist bumps seem to be becoming more common. So why not fist bump your bearded cousins next time.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
In Japan people don't hug others in such a way so I haven't experienced this myself lately.

I generally don't mind a hug and usually will hug friends most of the time (in Australia). If a close friend introduces me to a close friend of theirs and we hit it off I would probably end up hugging them too (so long as they seem fine with it) as a goodbye/see you later around time time I am hugging my other friends for that. Generally I'd handshake as I meet them though for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom