• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unused Grotto in OoT Opening Menu

So I've been doing a little side project of documenting as many secrets and unused content that I can find available in the game.

I managed to find something strange and I couldn't find any information online about it.

During the opening/start menu for OoT there is a circle of rocks shown in the picture below next to the stone wall right hand side of the frame - however, in game as both child and adult link, this circle of rocks is nowhere to be found.

This raises the question -why is it in the menu?
I know that it's possible to gain access to a playable version of the menu via rom hacks - so would this circle of rocks be there? And if so - would a normally inaccessible grotto be available?

Does anyone have information on this?

Zelda Grotto.jpg

I've also tried bombing the spot and playing the song of storms - nothing responded. I didn't get a stone of agony response either.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
there's a glitch that allows you to control link on the title screen. I don't know how to activate it myself, but I would strongly encourage you to try to solve this mystery yourself and see what this rock formation is all about. I wish I could help you more, but I'm honestly as clueless as you are

there's a glitch that allows you to control link on the title screen. I don't know how to activate it myself, but I would strongly encourage you to try to solve this mystery yourself and see what this rock formation is all about. I wish I could help you more, but I'm honestly as clueless as you are
I'm gonna have to dig out my emulator and see if there's a way to access this title screen. I'll have to look up a video on it. Luckily I'm on paternity leave for the next 7 weeks so I have time to investigate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom