• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unpopular Opinions You Have

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I honestly think that's never happen. I always thought I'd just try once and if it didn't work out I'd just give up. :P

If I was desperate or really in love with that individual, I might bend my own rules to be with them though.

Well the purpose of my question was for you to pretend your situation is different than it is.

I honestly think you are a bit naive, not to be rude, and it's due to your lack of experience. Hopefully you and Annie are happy and in love forever, but if that doesn't work out I think you'll find you change your mindset pretty quick.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
-All forms of seafood are disgusting.
-Rap is not a form of music because it relies on lyrics and just reuses the same beat.
-Country and Pop are not worthy of being recognized as forms of music because they all sound the same.
-Twilight Princess is a beautiful game with a beautiful story that's a step in the right direction of the series.
-Midna is awesome.
-Skyward Sword is the worst Zelda game and a step back from where the series should be.
-The Imprisoned is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.
-Xenoblade is the best game of 2011.
-Skyrim is an overglorified mess with pretty graphics but a broken control system.
-The Witcher (series) looks aesthetically pleasing yet lacks ingenuity (don't get me started on its generic music).
-Conventional realism should not be mixed with video games; it thwarts imagination but breeds stagnancy (think Call of Duty).
-There is little to no objectivity; rather, everything is perceived on a subjective, individual scale.

The more extreme cases will be withheld [for now].

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Is it going off topic or becoming more MD material? >.>

Sure, but not everyone can be so lucky as to find someone perfect on their first try. Although sometimes I feel like it would have been better if I waited till I loved someone before I slept with them, but because I didn't I can't exactly hold it against people who slept with people they didn't love. For some people sex is a casual thing.

I know someone is not so lucky, but I feel it would be better if me or my partner attempted to, than throw the idea out the window. I'm not forcing my opinions on someone, but this is the way I want to live my life, and I hope I would know someone's opinion on this before falling in love with them. Their view on love is important to me, tbh.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :P

Good :>

My above post should probably come as a disclaimer in that I don't expect everyone to share the same views I do and it's OK if they don't. People have diverse and different expectations for their relationship, and none is any better or worse than another, just what is right for that particular person.

To me, I don't place as big a value on sex as a lot of people, and while I understand being someone's first is a great thing I think love at any time can be wonderful and fulfilling no matter how many partners one has had before. I know couples who didn't meet until they were in their 50s, or even 80s! But they are still just as special. I also believe sex is just an act and that one can still hold meaningful relationships even if they have had casual sex at one time.

I do admit my view points might be out of place considering me and my gf have never had any other partners but each other in our lives, and that has worked out well for us, I just don't think it's necessarily that big a deal on a moral scale but I can understand on a personal scale how it might be important. If any of that makes sense lol.

I know that if you love someone, you love them. And that in itself makes the relationship special. But I'm pretty possessive. And thinking that some of the things my husband and I shared with each other, that he shared with someone else before, things may not end up being as special as it could have. This may seem selfish. And I know a lot of people don't care about this. If you find love in a late age, I find that pretty sweet, in fact ^^ I don't view firsts as something casual, though. But others can have their opinion.

I know you are dating Annie, but imagine if you can a situation where you find someone that you love but they have already been with someone else in the past. How would you feel about this?

Putting myself in that situation, I kind of answered it above. Their opinion on love would be a factor if I fall in love with them, or not. Their morals, and personality would be important. I don't think I would have ended up being with someone who takes every girl they can. I was never desperate for a relationship. I only wanted to find someone perfect before I consider one. But if I find someone who is, yet they have been in a relationship before, but they tried to only be in a relationship they are committed to, then I won't be as bothered. Intention matters. Though I would prefer being their first. As I said above. Things just seem more special to me.

I honestly think you are a bit naive, not to be rude, and it's due to your lack of experience. Hopefully you and Annie are happy and in love forever, but if that doesn't work out I think you'll find you change your mindset pretty quick.

I don't think I'll change my mindset so easily. I am flexible. But throwing it out the window doesn't appeal to me. Yes, I am naive. But this is who I am, and who I want to be. It's what I have grown up with.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
- Skywayrd Sword sux
- Game of Thrones is overrated
- Breaking Bad is far from the best show of all time
- Age of consent should be removed
- Anyone who still hates on Justin Bieber, One Direction, Miley Cyrus, (insert controversial person) seriously needs to get a life
- Society should stop giving obesity a special treatment. It isn't healthy and I don't think it should be deemed ok.
- Sex isn't something special
- I actually like the iPhone, it's simple to use. Couldn't care less if takes 3 seconds longer to load Angry Birds compared to my previous HTC.
- Money makes you happy
- Mases should be fired from ZD

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
•Things that Are Overrated:
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
-EarthBound
-Frozen
-Super Mario 64
•Sonic '06 isn't actually as bad as people say it is. It is very glitchy, yes, but in other aspects it is far from terrible. Maybe not outstanding, but it's definitly not as bad as people make it out to be.
•Feminists need to shut up about damsels in distess in video games. Unless a game is outright saying women are inferior, or putting sex-appeal where it doesn't need to be, it is not a sexist game. If you want more female characters, make one yourself.
•A lot of atheists are hypocrites, and are just as jerkish as theists. I'm not saying all are, but I lot are.
•Scientists are kind of hypocrites, also. They say that, because of the way the mind works, it is impossible to prove anything. They then say that they are right and that they have proven things.
•I'll add more later...

I don't like the walking dead.
zelda two was one of the best zelda games i ever played.
8 bit is the best
good graphics are over rated.
call of duty went to hell after world at war

cant think of anything else hahaha

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
- Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are both absolute trash
- Midna's pretty damn trashy as well
- I really didn't care that much for A Link Between Worlds
- Tumblr feminism is garbage, and if you are a tumblr feminist you are garbage
- Dubstep is ****ing amazing (all EDM is great)
- I hate shooters, doesn't matter if it's first or third person -- I don't like any of them
- I don't understand the appeal of LoL (I'll admit though that the character design is pretty good)
- I don't like using Twitter or Instagram
- Jeanmarco is the worst ship ever, and if you ship it I've just lost all respect for you (I've already ranted about this)
- I don't like nor care for both Star Wars and Star Trek
- Reality TV is sooo gooooddddddddddd
- Majora's Mask is pretty overrated

i might come up with more later

Also:

- Cats suck, I hate them with a passion
- I've never found Disney movies very enjoyable to watch (outside of ones animated by Pixar)
- Video games are as much of an art form as books or movies or oil paintings or symphonies
- Math is the best thing ever
- Robert Plant was easily the weakest link in Led Zeppelin
- The only good Call of Duties were 1 and 4
- Dramatic TV shows (e.g. Breaking Bad) are just boring
- All sports are stupid

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, half of this became debate, when the OP said it shouldn't. But with that said, here's my list:

-People should save themselves for marriage. There's gotta be some kind of limit to romantic acts, where there's something that only people who have devoted themselves to only each other for life, ie people who love each other enough to get married, can do. Plus, there's always the issue of unwanted pregnancies, which can be avoided if people just saved themselves for people they'd actually want to have a baby with.
-The apocalypse will happen sometime soon. Not months or years soon, but in the next few centuries.
-Pernico is a ship that should remain one-sided, because Percabeth is too OTP for anyone to break it up.
-One Direction is annoying and not even that talented.
-Prejudice against anyone personally should be banned from the universe. People are people, no matter what they look like or what choices they make.
-Popular music is getting worse and worse, and less and less like music.
-People are becoming corrupt, and children know too much about mature things.
-It's OK to like childish things, no matter how old you are.
-Everything Is Awesome is a terrible song.

I don't even, I might add more stuff if I see fit.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
OK, half of this became debate, when the OP said it shouldn't. But with that said, here's my list:

-People should save themselves for marriage. There's gotta be some kind of limit to romantic acts, where there's something that only people who have devoted themselves to only each other for life, ie people who love each other enough to get married, can do. Plus, there's always the issue of unwanted pregnancies, which can be avoided if people just saved themselves for people they'd actually want to have a baby with.
-The apocalypse will happen sometime soon. Not months or years soon, but in the next few centuries.
-Pernico is a ship that should remain one-sided, because Percabeth is too OTP for anyone to break it up.
-One Direction is annoying and not even that talented.
-Prejudice against anyone personally should be banned from the universe. People are people, no matter what they look like or what choices they make.
-Popular music is getting worse and worse, and less and less like music.
-People are becoming corrupt, and children know too much about mature things.
-It's OK to like childish things, no matter how old you are.
-Everything Is Awesome is a terrible song.

I don't even, I might add more stuff if I see fit.

That's wrong, the OP actually said it could be a debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom