• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unpopular Opinions You Have

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I thought about "Unpopular Opinions" a few weeks ago when I saw a video someone had about Zelda that most people on ZD would backlash him though. So, I began to wonder how "hipster" I am and how "hipster" other people are. This doesn't have to be about any topic in particular, but just things that you have an opinion of that most people would feel differently about. (I don't know if this makes sense)

Here is an example with my list:
-I don't feel like Minish Cap was that great.
-Game Grumps got better after Jon left. It's more talking and less screaming and clipping the audio.
-Deathcore is amazing.
-Music doesn't have to be technical to be good. I know simplicity gets boring, but every band doesn't need to be as amazing as Mozart was.
-I believe people should only have one partner their entire life, and people should be more careful with who they chose.
-Sword Art Online is an amazing anime.
-I don't think the Wii had any good games.
-Platformers are the worst video game genre out there.
-All Sonic games a garbage.
-Most Shooters are boring.
-Ganondorf was never a good villain. He was always just there.
-Gen I is the worst generation of Pokemon and all the original 151 Pokemon (Except Gengar, Mew, Mewtwo, and the starters) are all boring and have stupid designs.
-Steal This Album! by System of a Down wasn't bad at all.
-The Beatles only have like 2 good songs that aren't even that great.
-Nu Metal isn't bad.
-Nintendo is, and will always be better than Microsoft and Sony.
-FPS and Graphics don't matter at all. PC isn't the master gaming race.
-Bands who experiment, like Linkin Park, aren't sellouts.
-Making money off your hard work doesn't make you a sellout.
-Valve isn't that great.
-The Star Wars Prequels weren't that bad.
-Dubstep is music.
-Most TV shows and Movies are garbage.
-The only good Mario games were Sunshine and all the Spin-offs.
-Sex isn't everything. It doesn't need to be in every form of media and it shouldn't be an important part of relationships.
-Mases should hand over the forums to someone who cares.
-Locke should be fired.
-Feminism isn't bad or sexist. It's the hardcore feminist that are anti-male.
-DOGS ARE VILE EVIL AND STUPID
-Sports are only good if you are physically there.

Views I have that might not be that unpopular:
-The Hylian Knights aren't pointless.
-All pop music or music on the radio is bad.
-Music matters more than the lyrics.
-N64 games aren't that bad.
-A lot of the the famous Youtubers (Pewdiepie, Markiplier, Smosh) aren't that great. I have nothing against them. I just don't like their work.
-Christianity isn't bad at all. Yes, I disagree with a lot of their views, but they aren't all bad.

That's all I got for now. This thread might no be a good idea. :P

So, what are opinions that you have that you think are unpopular?

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hm, let's see...

- Sports are unenjoyable in general.
- Cheese is disgusting.
- Spicy food isn't very good.
- Reality TV is horrible.
- Rap and hip-hop and techno and dubstep are terrible genres of music.
- Death Note didn't interest me.
- Spirit Tracks is a great game.
- Twilight Princess is a bad game.
- Midna is horrible.
- Turn-based gameplay is a turn-off.
- Shooters are boring.
- Futurama isn't funny.
- Always Sunny in Philadelphia is terrible.
- Ganondorf isn't the best villain for the Zelda series.
- The Mario games aren't that great.
- Mario Kart (and other racing games) don't interest me.
- Marvel and DC comics are boring.
- Skyward Sword is amazing.
- Skyward Sword Link is the best-looking Link and Skyward Sword Zelda is the best-looking Zelda.
- Navi isn't annoying.
- Fi is a great partner.
- The Phantom Menace is my favorite Star Wars movie.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll edit this post as I think of more.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
OoT is bad
Skyward Sward is good
Naruto and Bleach are atrocious and I refuse to count them as entertainment.
Gen 1 of Pokémon is not good at all.
Retro games are highly overrated.
I like sports.
Metal is the superior music genre.
Guys are not hot

I'll be adding to this

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I forced myself to stop this list.

- Minish Cap is the best Zelda game (We should meet up sometime.)
- OoT is definitely not one of the best games of all time.
- Modern Sonic is not all that bad.
- Art education should be a part of every school's curriculum.
- Picasso, Pollock, and Rothko are everything but artists.
- Celebrities have no need to be positive influences on children.
- No matter your situation, you can go after your dreams.
- Humanity has more hope than a lot of people think.
- Leonardo da Vinci is the bestest ever.
- Popularity =/= high quality.
- Not everyone should try to be a scientist, lawyer, doctor accountant, etc...
- Life's not that bad and unfair.
- Growing up is cool! There' no reason to hide your wrinkles and bald spots!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That Reggie Fils-Aime is not an attractive man.

mr-bean-middle-finger-o.gif

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Some of mine:

- Zelda 2 / Adventure of Link is a fun game.
- Spirit Tracks is an awesome little game, too. (I didn't know people didn't like it until Azure Sage said so above! Why?! ST is awesome)!
- Twilight Princess is a beautiful game and my favorite of the series.
- While I agree that Zelda is best at sticking to an "unreal" style, I didn't think TP's "realism" mold was that bad. It was a good look for a more serious game.
- Shadow of the Colossus is quite possibly the most beautiful videogame ever made. (It's actually renowned as an "arty" game, but I've met enough people who didn't like it / were willing to point out every flaw that I consider it a somewhat unpopular opinion to have for what is now an old game).
- Shipping in fandom is overrated.
- Gen fanfiction is awesome.
- While not flawless, I liked the Hunger Games books and my favorite of them was Catching Fire, which other fans don't seem to like much.
- I have genuinely liked some of the films and series that the Nostalgia Critic has riffed, often in part *because* they're bad. (Ex. Captain Planet). I'm pretty sure I used to enjoy a lot of his targets un-ironically, too.
- I believe in something I call "God," though I'm not entirely sure what it is (though I go with the theory of "Love"). It's not an old man in the sky for me, nor is it bound to the Bible. I also think that if I'm "wrong" about it, I'm still "right" because I think that if anything is a construct of the human mind that enough people believe in, it can become a kind of reality.
- Love is certainly a reality through people's actions. We all need to make it more of a reality.
- If I ever lost my faith completely, I probably wouldn't become a "non-believer." Instead, I'd probably worship the Triforce Goddesses / the powers they represent or something JUST TO SCREW WITH PEOPLE'S MINDS. I'm cantankerous like that.
- I think that people don't have to believe in "higher powers" to be moral (though for a lot of us, it helps), but that they DO have to believe in some kind of personal philosophy or framework to hold reasons for morality together. I also think that we all do this, either consciously or subconsciously. Even the simple "doing good just feels good" is a kind of framework.
- Most if not all of what humans do is selfish. Even altruism and heroic sacrifice can be selfish because "doing good feels good" does benefit the self in its own little non-physical way. However, I think that it's OKAY that good has a bit of selfishness to it, that it's not something we should beat ourselves up over.
- I think, on the whole, that the world may be getting better. We still have a lot of problems and I don't think Utopia will ever be achieved, but I, for one, am glad to have grown up in a world where shots kept me from getting polio, a world where I can freely shop in an Asian-American market as a white person, a place where if a young black man gets shot, it's on the news as a national scandal whether than swept under the rug as a property-crime. I like being able to vote, though I possess boobs. I like being able to talk to people all around the world via the Internet. There are lots of things I like about the current world and despite the world being on fire in recent weeks, I have a bit of optimism for the future.
- I think that a certain amount of insanity is necessary for human arts to flourish and that crazy people are just as valuable as normal people.

- The Beatles are overrated. They're good and all, but..meh. Apparently I'm the only one among my family and friends that aren't too fond of them.
- The Star Wars Prequel series was actually not all that bad...
- I find Superman to be a boring character.
- South Park and Family guy aren't funny at all.
- Mario franchise is losing its charm.
- The Hangover (and any movie in this genre) sucks.
- Dubstep is garbage.
- I hate League of Legends and any other game in the MOBA genre. No it's not cause I suck at it. I just don't find anything special with it, it's rather repetitive, and worst of all the community is absolutely toxic and makes the gaming community look bad. I personally believe it's a fad and eventually will die off. Just look at World of Warcraft. That game was huge and insanely popular, but now it's just a shadow of it's former self and is losing subscribers fast.
- Last of Us is nothing special. People are over-glorifying it.
- Metallica started to sell out and their music started to suck after the Black Album.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
- The Beatles are overrated. They're good and all, but..meh. Apparently I'm the only one among my family and friends that aren't too fond of them.
- The Star Wars Prequel series was actually not all that bad...
- I find Superman to be a boring character.
- South Park and Family guy aren't funny at all.
- Mario franchise is losing its charm.
- The Hangover (and any movie in this genre) sucks.
- Dubstep is garbage.
- I hate League of Legends and any other game in the MOBA genre. No it's not cause I suck at it. I just don't find anything special with it, it's rather repetitive, and worst of all the community is absolutely toxic and makes the gaming community look bad. I personally believe it's a fad and eventually will die off. Just look at World of Warcraft. That game was huge and insanely popular, but now it's just a shadow of it's former self and is losing subscribers fast.
- Last of Us is nothing special. People are over-glorifying it.
- Metallica started to sell out and their music started to suck after the Black Album.

I agree with all of that XD

Ganondork

goo
- Disturbed is an example of how terrible modern rock can be
- Militant atheism is as bad as the most radical religious person
- Ayn Rand is a pseudo-philosopher and an even worse novelist
- Metamorphosis was an amazing book
- People who hate an entire genre are enormously close-minded and haven't listened to enough of it to see the best it has to offer
- Kid A is the best Radiohead album, not OK Computer
- In The Aeroplane Over the Sea is not Neutral Milk Hotel's best song
- EA isn't as terrible as people make them out to be. Ubisoft is far worse
- Elder Scrolls Online is absolute trash
- Megan Fox is not the least bit cute
- Led Zeppelin is garbage
- Attack On Titan is horribly written and uses more cliches than Naruto and Bleach, easily

Ayano Keiko said:
-Music doesn't have to be technical to be good. I know simplicity gets boring, but every band doesn't need to be as amazing as Mozart was.

What people don't realize is how simplicity can be a very clever technical skill. If a song is simplistic in its sound, it is trying to make a sort of mood. Take "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. It starts very solemn, only for it to get more powerful as it goes on. It's meant to be like ascending that stairway.

Azure Sage said:
- Always Sunny in Philadelphia is terrible.

YOU'VE BEEN DISMISSED.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't understand why you think people should have one partner. What if things just didn't work out? My parents got divorced after 7 years of marriage. You think they weren't careful enough? I can certainly see why that's an unpopular opinion...

Also, Hylian Knights having worth is hardly unpopular. It's about 50/50 right now...

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This is not a debate thread. This is just for people to list their opinions. Keep that in mind.

Alright. The thread seems relatively pointless to me then, but I guess that's my cue to stay out of the GD.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't understand why you think people should have one partner. What if things just didn't work out? My parents got divorced after 7 years of marriage. You think they weren't careful enough? I can certainly see why that's an unpopular opinion...

Also, Hylian Knights having worth is hardly unpopular. It's about 50/50 right now...

It's a belief. I didn't say it works 100% of the time.

Ok, I get it's 50/50 right now, I understand. I'll remove it from the list. Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom