• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unnessesary Trading Sequence

onebizarrekai

gay energy
In Oracle of Seasons, you know how you have to do a trading sequence to get to that Deku Scrub who tells you how to get to the Noble Sword, right? And that nothing will happen unless you do it? That's not true. In fact, you can completely ignore the trading sequence and get to the Noble Sword without doing any of it. I just did it myself.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
That's true. I just looked up the trading sequence walkthrough on this site, and I skipped the whole trading sequence. And that is obviously a problem, I believe that the sidequest would have had much more value if the Deku Scrub directly leads you or gives you the Noble Sword.

Kybyrian

In Oracle of Seasons, you know how you have to do a trading sequence to get to that Deku Scrub who tells you how to get to the Noble Sword, right? And that nothing will happen unless you do it? That's not true. In fact, you can completely ignore the trading sequence and get to the Noble Sword without doing any of it. I just did it myself.

Yeah, I think that was kind of a flaw in the design of the trading sequence for the game. I figured this out when I was writing the Trading Sequence Guide for this site, which I'm glad to see that people(PhantomTriforce!) are still reading. [noparse]:D[/noparse] It's not a huge flaw because most people wouldn't know the pattern right off the bat, so people who deliberately go to a guide and see the entry for the Noble Sword or ones that are told by somebody else will really be the only ones that know. Any player who wants to be satisfied by the trading sequence would do it anyway, as well. Not a big deal, but they probably shouldn't have overlooked something like that.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
I think the real flaw is that it's different than in OoA. Of course using a walktrough is technically cheating, so you're not supposed to know the order unless you completed the trading sequence, but actually one is able to skip the trading sequence by just replaying the game.
I think they made it on purpose, or else they would have made something very simple: if you haven't been told the true road, it leads to nowhere.
So I think they should have made it like this or they should have made OoA's trading sequence the same way, like symply being told by the old Zora where the broken sword is in an underwater maze or something.

LANZZ

Scarecrow

That true. But, it useful for players that not using a guide or walkthrough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom