• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unlikely but what if Nintendo did THIS for Metroid Prime?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
So.
February they shadow-launched Metroid Prime Remastered.

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 run off of what essentially amounts to the same engine.

What if Metroid Prime 2 Remastered is in the works or is even nearly completed and Nintendo does another shadow-launch at one of the directs this year?

Then later on they shadow-launch Metroid Prime 3 Remastered as well?

This would be a neat way to build up hype for the eventual launch of Metroid Prime 4 AND this would be a great way for the newer generation of players to get up-to-speed with the Prime arch of the story, considering that MP2 is a bit rare and Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii is a bit of a collector's item.

Perhaps they won't even shadow-launch Echoes and Corruption, rather instead knowing that MP1 Remastered was a success, they might announce the eventual release of the other two?

Point is of this post is that either way we look at it, I believe it is plausible that Nintendo is seeking to remaster the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy and giving us Metroid Prime 4 once the trilogy is redone, all of which possibly releasing within a year to a year-and-a-half time-span.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That's basically what I'm expecting. I don't think they'll shadow drop the other two though. But worse case scenario, they do some sort of double pack of 2 and 3. I'd love to have all 3 games separately with their own remastered covers like Metroid Prime. Like what Platinum Games did with the Bayonetta trilogy.

I fully expect this to happen. It would make no sense for Nintendo to only remaster the first Prime before Prime 4. Prime 2 in September or October and Prime 3 in the first half of next year makes the most sense to me. This is assuming Prime 4 releases in holiday 2024, which I think is enough time considering it restarted development in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom