• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unintentional Hypocrisy

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
So my wife ... bless her heart. She thinks video games are stupid and dumb and a waste of time. She doesn't get how I can spend hours playing. She also doesn't understand why I have "so many Wiis" ... she means, consoles, but whatever.

So then, she turns around and watches Vampire Diaries, My Haunted House, Swamp Murders, and a plethora of other inane and pointless shows on TV. For hours. I told her that, the same way she wastes time watching stupid television shows (we call it "Bad TV", as in me: "Hey, what are you doing?" she: "Watching bad TV" me: *leaves*).

Like right now, I'm upstairs past my bedtime (it's 12:22 midnight right now) because she's watching Gray's Anatomy and won't turn it off so I can sleep.

Seriously, Gray's Anatomy? Is there a worse show on TV? And she complains about video games. She won't see the contradiction, though. She thinks it's more productive to watch My Haunted House than me play. Ugh.

Have you or anyone you know been unintentional hypocrites?

71f1867d87.png

I used to have a Tumblr account, like ... 3 years ago. Then, I stopped going. I think this was before the place went bananas. Or maybe I just never ventured into that part of Tumblr. I've seen some of the stuff on there though. WTF.
I meant the marriage but ok xD

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time - regardless if it's playing games or watching tv-shows, sports or whatever. But some of us just don't understand the other's interests. Like I will never ever understand the appeal of watching sports, but hey whatever rocks your boat.

But yeah, it is dumb to complain about one activity and not see that the other party could think the exact same thing about whatever activity you do.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Oh I know this well. My ex boyfriend was a bit like that. I liked watching sitcoms and he would complain all the goddamn time but then make me sit through literal ****ing hours of documentaries about rocks and Karl Pilkington related shows which don't get me wrong, I like Karl Pilkington, but not for like 4 hours at a time. If I complained and pointed out his hypocrisy he just couldn't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom