• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U UK Launch Trailer

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Looks good. Not great, merely good.
However, the boon of this game is to see new insane details that are among the world and buildings. Which is a huge improvement over the original.
So yeah, I am reasonably excited for this.

Cool trailer. I still think some of the models don't look as good as they could, but I liked what I saw overall. :) Am I the only one who thinks that just this one Zelda game would be even more awesome with blood though? Not huge amounts of gore or anything, but a little bloodsplatter here and there would make the whole dark and edgy thing a little more convincing.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not impressed graphically. Looks almost the same as the GC version...but is it just me or is TP great for making trailers?

TP is the best aesthetically looking 3D Zelda game. It just has that epiec feel about it. It's the reason why I liked TP so much back in the day. Sure the story is a fail and the game is not perfect on other ways, but the sights, sounds, look and feel of the gaae was amazing.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I do conced that TP undoubtably has the best compositions throughout the game.

The true feel of the game remains to be decided... The motion controls of the Wii version could have completely changed the feeling of control of the game. So we will see.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The true feel of the game remains to be decided... The motion controls of the Wii version could have completely changed the feeling of control of the game. So we will see.

For better or worse, I can confirm it has.

The motion controls of the Wii version could have completely changed the feeling of control of the game. So we will see.

This seems like an unquestionable fact to me. I hated the Wii version of TP, almost exclusively because I played the Gamecube version first. It's almost a completely different experience. While some things like fishing and aiming with the bow are kind of cool to do, the motion controls absolutely butcher the preciseness and and feel of swordplay. I've yet to beat the Wii version because I absolutely cannot stand waving a Wii remote around when I can have a vastly better experience with button inputs.

Honestly, it's also a reason why I think SS is such a travesty - because I was always thinking throughout the entire thing what a better time I would be having if the motion controls weren't so invasive in the worst way possible.

Its one of the best if not the best in the series so hardly a fail.
That is a polarising topic. I have read articles about people saying how they would have improved the story of TP. I can't seem to find them now but they are out there.

I really liked TP. An amazing game. Just for me (and others out there) the story is not the best. I remember during my first playthrough I thought to myself "how is this even possible" storywise. But since I play Zelda games for fun and not story, I can overlook this fact and see the amazing game that it is.
Some people (such as yourself) really like the story of TP. It seems either you love it or you hate it - the story of TP. Very few inbetween.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom