• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

UEFA Euro 2012

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Since I study in Germany now, I have no choice to support the German team which is quite a dilemma if you are Dutch :P. Their team is very good though and the matches I did see (mainly Netherlands - Germany) they played good. I don't really follow the football matches though, but I don't want that Spain wins (because they took away our world cup last time). Oh and Portugal should also not win, because of the annoying Ronaldo guy who really thinks he is the ladies man while he really only cares for his stupid hair >.>.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
@Durion

Every team plays dirty somehow, every player on any squad pulls jerseys or holds opposing players. As a soccer fan, I've seen it happen too many times, but that's how professional soccer/football goes. And btw, Italy played a great match against England, who also played a great match. The only problem was that England didn't cash in with their penalties, that's what hurt them and that's why they really lost, and besides, they had their chances through out the game. Italy took care of scoring their penalty shots, that's why they are in the next round, it's just how it goes.

@Smitie Haha, yeah, that Ronaldo is always so concerned about his hair. *goes back to watch the match between Spain and Portugal*

@Durion

Every team plays dirty somehow, every player on any squad pulls jerseys or holds opposing players. As a soccer fan, I've seen it happen too many times, but that's how professional soccer/football goes. And btw, Italy played a great match against England, who also played a great match. The only problem was that England didn't cash in with their penalties, that's what hurt them and that's why they really lost, and besides, they had their chances through out the game. Italy took care of scoring their penalty shots, that's why they are in the next round, it's just how it goes.

I know one player on each team plays dirty, I've watched enough football in my lifetime to know that. However, practically the entire Italian team played dirty at times, there were multiple occasions in which Italian players pulled the English players to the ground. And no, the thing that hurt them most was the thing I already pointed it out. In that situation, he had just taken part in pulling an English players shirt before he then did what he did, England had the ball on the outside of the box where the most promising attacks where coming from, yet he cheated like that.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
You gotta be kidding me, right? I watched the game, it wasn't as bad as it was today between Portugal and Spain. A loss is a loss, one has to learn to move on.

Spain won today by penalty shoot out. I am hoping Germany wins tomorrow, but it's gonna be a very tough game.

Germany is the only team left which I have some ties to, I have family there. So I am hoping they will take it. I think Germany vs. Spain would be a great final.

The amount of penalty shoot outs deciding games in this Euro cup is ridiculous. On the other hand, it's a testament to the grit and determination of all teams involved to not allow the opposing side to score. Germany has a pretty great offense so I can see them defeating Italy tomorrow (or already today for some). Personally, I'd like to see Germany face Spain in the finals especially after the head goal humiliation inflicted on the former by Spain's team in the World Cup two years ago.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I lived in Germany, so I'm for them (even though I also lived in Italy, so I can't decide usually between the two). Germany has consistently done well, but they haven't claimed the cup in a while, so I think it's time for them to take it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Here's what's gonna happen. Yesterday I won $100 from my brother in the Spain vs Portugal game. But today we are going at it again. I have nothing to lose, so I made a bet with him again. He likes Italy, always has. I took Germany, just to give him a chance to win his money back, lol. No, I am not wishing Germany to win because I want to win more money, if they do, it's going to be a good final between Spain and Germany, but Italy would also make for a great Final. Enjoy the game, if anyone here besides me is watching.

Superb penalty kick on Germany's part but it was clear almost from the beginning that Italy had it in the bag. Final should be intense. I suppose after studying the language and culture for so long, I'm slightly biased towards Spain but let the better team win.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What can I say, it was a great game, better than yesterday's for sure. Germany had many chances, never could capitalize, Balotelli just ate the defense by himself. And penalty at the end, well, it made the final moments interesting, but it came a little too late.

I got Spain for the final, but as ALIT said, let the better team win.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
WOW today's game was a complete surprise for me I sure as hell did not peg the Italians to be 2 up bu halftime! The Germans were however playing very poorly and seem to lost their form from their past games.

Now I am left rooting for Spain to take it all home and make history, however the Italians proved that not everything goes as planned.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Today's the grand finale for this tournament. Spain and Italy. Should be a good one. I picked Spain, but it's gonna be a good one. If anyone else besides me is going to watch the game, enjoy it. ;)

--Edit--Yay! Spain is the winner. I won $250! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom