• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

UEFA Euro 2012

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
So far its been a wonderful tournament as of right now we are in quaterfinal stage of the tournament with Italy and England fighting for a spot in the semi finals against Germany.

I myself peg Germany as taking it all. Spain is a close second and honestly I wouldn't be upset if they won but Germany has been looking mean the past game what are your thoughts?

Fig

The Altruist
Yes! I agree with you!!! I want Germany to win! Spain is their only competition! Who ever plays against Germany, good luck! Germany FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It would be a sin for me to root for Germany since they are our biggest rivals :P As a Dutch I cannot root for Germany :lol: But I don't care about soccer at all and to be honest Germany has a good team, plays good soccer and has done their work extremely well. So I do hope either England or Germany will win it

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
England will certainly be a pleasant surprise seeing as how they made it to the quarterfinals with the fanbase not expecting them to leave the group stage. However I believe we will be seeing a Spain-Germany final

The current game is quite exciting even sitting at nil-nil

Dan

It would be a sin for me to root for Germany since they are our biggest rivals :P As a Dutch I cannot root for Germany :lol: But I don't care about soccer at all and to be honest Germany has a good team, plays good soccer and has done their work extremely well. So I do hope either England or Germany will win it

FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER ! :<
Soccer is a silly name for a game that involves feet and balls :> and that feti...>.> let's not go there :>

I'm not really a fan of football, I cannot watch a game of it for more than 5 minutes.
I do on the other hand hope England win. I am English in case you didn't notice. If not then Germany (I have some German blood in me... my Grandad was a nazi)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It will be between Spain and Germany from what I've seen so far in the tourney. Spain takes it all, as Germany tends to play well and then drop the ball. So yeah, I say Spain takes it, but those are just my thoughts.

Atm it's 0-0 between Italy and England. Go England.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER ! :<
Soccer is a silly name for a game that involves feet and balls :> and that feti...>.> let's not go there :>

I'm not really a fan of football, I cannot watch a game of it for more than 5 minutes.
I do on the other hand hope England win. I am English in case you didn't notice. If not then Germany (I have some German blood in me... my Grandad was a nazi)
I know! I know! Don't eat me :P I said soccer on purpose for our american and canadian members :P

Well England has been defeated by Italy. So it is going to get tough now. I can't even watch it longer than 25 seconds :lol: Reading the final results goes much faster :P

I'm not a huge fan of watching sports on television but soccer is an exception. England just happens to have a bad luck streak with penalty kicks. -.-

Personally, I'd like for Spain to take home the win. As the reigning world champions of course, I'd expect no less. I bet my former Spanish teachers will get a kick out of the semifinals and finals soon.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ah, England lost yesterday. I watched the penalty shoot out, of course. I was disappointed for a while, for I was rooting for England in that match, but that's how soccer/football goes. I prefer to call it soccer. XD

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I myself was hoping for an England win as well, as a matter of fact I thought they had it when Italy missed their second penalty, well we know the rest haha. Spain are certainly favorites to take it all and it will be the first time they have gotten an international treble so that will be momentous, but even their head coach has said that the team is drained. I still think Germany is gonna powerhouse its way through to the finals and they have two extra days of rest than the other teams in the semis.

I hate this sport. Only for what it brings. Many fans fight over this sport and get hurt.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
No one is fighting here drum and to the matches I've been to I have not seen one fight. The media must have skewed your vision of the beautiful game also what business do you have posting here if you don't contribute anything and just say you hate the sport which is the topic discussion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This topic is about an event and not about whether or not you like the sport. I don't like football myself but I can say who I expect to win. If you don't like it don't reply here to say you dislike it. Thanks

Dan

I hate this sport. Only for what it brings. Many fans fight over this sport and get hurt.

Is there anything you like ?

Well England would of won if I was coaching them :(
Oh well, I'm now supporting Germany.

Many people fight over many things and get hurt, so by the same assumption I guess you could say that you hate many religions. And this has nothing to do with the actual topic.

Being an England fan, I am unable to find myself in a situation to support any of the remaining teams except for Spain anyway.

Portugal have robbed England twice in recent major tournaments, both times in penalties if I remember correctly.

Germany robbed England in the last World Cup. Many say it was justice for the 1966 World Cup final, however, I would disagree. We still can't tell if that shot was a goal or not, and England were already hammering shot after shot at the Germany goal. In 2010, the ball was somewhere between half a metre and a metre over the line, and the keeper knew the ball went over the line and cheated anyway. This then completely removed the entire England teams morale, and their sudden increase in style and play completely disappeared allowing for two easy Germany goals.

Italy beat us in this tournament, and they played very dirty at times, one of which may have taken a goal away from England when a player made a sliding tackle into an English player, he missed the ball and the guys boot skimmed his shoulder. He proceeded to stay down holding his face inside the 18 yard box. The referee then stopped the England attack, gave an Italian the ball to pass back and proceeded to allow him to hit the ball all the way back into to English half even though no foul was committed and no play should have been stopped. There was also a lot of shirt pulling that the Italian team managed to get away with.

So quite honestly, I am stuck with supporting Spain, a team I don't particularly like anyway because they are quite famous for having a team that currently dives and does it well, both for the club and country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom