• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tye's Timeline

It was Ganondorf who got the trident, and he then became Ganon upon getting it. Yeah it can cover all of Ganon's appearences. Although it's pretty fanfic-ish.

Fanfic-ish? It is all based on in game information. It is simply the most consistent way of piecing together Ganon's appearances in the game. Fan fic involves making stuff up within the universe of the game. I've got very little use for it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
He is both Ganon and Ganondorf in LttP.
It's pretty clear in LttP that Ganon was supposed to be Ganondorf before he got the Triforce.
Thank you FSA for ****ing that up...
It was Ganondorf who got the trident, and he then became Ganon upon getting it.

I'm sorry, I meant FSA. FSA is Ganondorf? Then it can't come after TP. I'm kinda hoping ST moves it to the AT, but I haven't played it yet.

Ganondorf in LttP? Then that would mean the SW would have to be OoT, or a different Ganondorf.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm sorry, I meant FSA. FSA is Ganondorf? Then it can't come after TP. I'm kinda hoping ST moves it to the AT, but I haven't played it yet.

Ganondorf in LttP? Then that would mean the SW would have to be OoT, or a different Ganondorf.

Many people believe that the BS given to Ganondorf in FSA shows that it's a different Ganondorf. The BS for Ganondorf in FSA doesn't seem to matchup with the BS of Ganondorf in OoT/TP/WW, thus many believe that it's a new Ganondorf. This would fix the problem of not being able to place FSA after TP.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Many people believe that the BS given to Ganondorf in FSA shows that it's a different Ganondorf. The BS for Ganondorf in FSA doesn't seem to matchup with the BS of Ganondorf in OoT/TP/WW, thus many believe that it's a new Ganondorf. This would fix the problem of not being able to place FSA after TP.

I believe that this IS the resurected Ganon from TP. At the end, Ganon is stabbed with the Master Sword. You don't truly see what happens after that. Does he die? Is he sealed? It's up for speculation. Either way, centuries afterwards, the 4S trilogy happens and in 4SA, Ganon returns and is sealed into the Four Sword. Could this have been Vaati's doing? Again, under speculation. My personal belief is that the Four Sword just doesn't have as much poop as the Master Sword and thus can't hold Ganon... hell, it can't even hold Vaati for very long. Like others have said, this leads into ALttP and why Ganon, no matter how he comes back, keeps returning. It's not until (on both sides of the timeline) Ganon is finally defeated with the silver arrow. At this point, the only way to bring Ganon back is to spill Link's blood on his ashes. I think this makes things flow very nicely. I welcome any disagreeances and/or feedback.

It's up for speculation.
He's stabbed in the stomach and the Triforce fades after Zant does the neck snapping thing.

The intention is obvious; he's dead.

And how the hell could he be sealed?
Ganon returns and is sealed into the Four Sword.
Ganon doesn't "return" though. A new Ganondorf appears and takes the trident and becomes the Yami no Maou.
hell, it can't even hold Vaati for very long.
It always held Vaati until he tricked Link into taking the sword out and breaking the seal.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
He's stabbed in the stomach and the Triforce fades after Zant does the neck snapping thing.

The intention is obvious; he's dead.

Did I miss something at the end of TP? Is it just me, or did Ganon just kind of... stand there. Usually when you die you fall to the ground DEAD. You can't just say that he died because "the intention is obvious" because you're... and I said it... speculating.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It's not speculation that he died at all. Think of it this way. In the BS of TP when we see Ganondorf get stabbed, he doesn't die. Why doesn't he die? It's becuase the ToP awakens within him. There is nothing in the game that confirms that's why he didn't die. The reason we know that the ToP is the reason he didn't die is because we see him seemingly die, then we see the emblem shine on his hand and he comes back to life.

At the end, when he gets stabbed it's the same thing except opposite. We see that he doesn't die right away, then we see the emblem on his hand go away and he just loses life. It doesn't need to be confirmed by text because it's very symbolical and clear that the ToP leaving his body signifies his death.

The Zelda series has never been 100% clear about the good majority of the things that we know are factual. Nintendo/Miyamoto/Aonuma like to be symbolic and epic and poetic when it comes to the Zelda series. There are lots of things that we don't need to be told about to know that they are true. Like the old saying goes, seeing isn't believing.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
There are lots of things that we don't need to be told about to know that they are true. Like the old saying goes, seeing isn't believing.

Exactly, and that's all I'm really trying to debate here. We don't know exactly, it's symbolic, it's in the air, ya know. Yes the ToP left Ganon and we presume him deceased but we've seen before that Ganon can come back, res'd, un-seal himself, or a new Ganon all together. To be honest, yes, I believe that Ganon died right there. But for good? He can be resummoned (as ****** Ganon lol) or Link's blood can bring him back. I guess we'll see what happens in the future.

Good feedback Z!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^This is something that bugged me that I forgot to put in my last post. You refer to Ganondorf as Ganon with no distinguishing.

Ganon is the demon spirit that resides in Ganondorf's body. Ganon and Ganondorf are not necessarily the same being. Ganondorf is the human Gerudo while Ganon is the beast. Kind of like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde except both Ganon and Ganondorf are evil.

Ganondorf=Human/Gerudo
Ganon=Demon/Pig Beast

Also, based on the timeline I have (you can find the thread I posted on it), if you put FSA after TP and based on the theory that Ganondorf in FSA is a completely new Ganondorf, then there is only one unexplained recurrence of Ganon and that would be from ALTTP to LoZ. Other than that, my timeline works fine with the continuity of Ganon/dorf if you believe that FSA is a new Ganondorf.

Usually when you die you fall to the ground DEAD. You can't just say that he died because "the intention is obvious" because you're... and I said it... speculating.
You can die standing up. It's called a Cadaveric Spasm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaveric_spasm
He can be resummoned (as ****** Ganon lol)
Well that only happened because they didn't have the time to use Zelda as the vessel.
It's not speculation that he died at all. Think of it this way. In the BS of TP when we see Ganondorf get stabbed, he doesn't die. Why doesn't he die? It's becuase the ToP awakens within him. There is nothing in the game that confirms that's why he didn't die. The reason we know that the ToP is the reason he didn't die is because we see him seemingly die, then we see the emblem shine on his hand and he comes back to life.

At the end, when he gets stabbed it's the same thing except opposite. We see that he doesn't die right away, then we see the emblem on his hand go away and he just loses life. It doesn't need to be confirmed by text because it's very symbolical and clear that the ToP leaving his body signifies his death.

The Zelda series has never been 100% clear about the good majority of the things that we know are factual. Nintendo/Miyamoto/Aonuma like to be symbolic and epic and poetic when it comes to the Zelda series. There are lots of things that we don't need to be told about to know that they are true. Like the old saying goes, seeing isn't believing.
That was a really good post, Zemen.

From now on when someone doubts that Ganondorf died in TP, I'm just gonna refer to that post, as it kinda covers everything XD

Megamannt125

Blue Link

Wait what? The SW could've happened anytime before ALTTP, it doesn't have to happen in any game for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom