• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U TWW on Wii U Virtual Console

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Nintendo has already said the some Gamecube games would be available for download on the Wii U. That means that the Wind Waker is most likely going to be on it.

Could you imagine playing it in HD with the new controller? You wouldn't have to pause the game to look at the map or select an item! :)

One of my ideas with the controller is to be able to use it with the Tingle Tuner. Do you people have any ideas or speculation?

Nintendo has already said the some Gamecube games would be available for download on the Wii U. That means that the Wind Waker is most likely going to be on it.

Could you imagine playing it in HD with the new controller? You wouldn't have to pause the game to look at the map or select an item! :)

One of my ideas with the controller is to be able to use it with the Tingle Tuner. Do you people have any ideas or speculation?

Since the Wii U will not be backwards compatible with Gamecube discs like the wii is, it would be great to see the WW on virtual console; however, virtual console games are just ports of the originals. All virtual console games appear exactly as they were originally produced. For example, the VC release of ALttP does not include the changes introduced in the GBA rerelease. The only game we have seen altered on virtual console was FS; however, this was an anniversary remake rather than a VC port. There is never new interface. If WW is on virtual console, you will not see anything that was not in the original including gameplay or control elements.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I think it's highly likely they'll release Wind Waker onto the Wii U, if they've already said they're bringing GameCube games to it (which I hadn't heard). However, like Brandon said, it wouldn't be a remake. You can download the N64 Ocarina of Time onto the Wii right now but you can't use the Wii controller with it. They'd probably still have the original controls.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Since the Wii U will not be backwards compatible with Gamecube discs like the wii is, it would be great to see the WW on virtual console; however, virtual console games are just ports of the originals. All virtual console games appear exactly as they were originally produced. For example, the VC release of ALttP does not include the changes introduced in the GBA rerelease. The only game we have seen altered on virtual console was FS; however, this was an anniversary remake rather than a VC port. There is never new interface. If WW is on virtual console, you will not see anything that was not in the original including gameplay or control elements.

If your referring to what I said about HD was, then you were off. What I meant by HD was to enhance the quality of the game, not the graphics. But you were right about the port part.

So then they would have a nonusable item? They can't have the (almost never used) tingle tuner impossible to use. What about the tinglr statues? They would be in the game but not acssable. I think they would do more than a simple port for somthing like this.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
So then they would have a nonusable item? They can't have the (almost never used) tingle tuner impossible to use. What about the tinglr statues? They would be in the game but not acssable. I think they would do more than a simple port for somthing like this.

What in the world are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom