• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Two Timelines?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Alright, I know that Zelda has a split timeline at Ocarina of Time, and I understand that there is some kind of "master timeline" in the annals of Miyamoto's sock drawer, but I keep coming back to Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventure, and I can't really place them with the other games.

Minish Cap is supposed to explain why Link always wears a cap, but absolutely NOTHING about Vaati or the Four Sword or much of anything about those games are ever mentioned in the other Zelda titles. It's almost as if it's trying to be the first title in the series, but at the same time it's making itself obvious that it just can't be.

This leads me to believe that there is ANOTHER Zelda timeline. One that has a completely different beginning than the Master Sword timeline, and may or may not intersect at any point. I know Ganon appears at the end of FSA, and Moblins, creatures made in Ganon's image, are prominant in MC, but trying to factor in all that on a linear timeline just throws a lot of stuff out of whack.

Is it possible that right under our noses there's actually two Legends of Zelda as opposed to just one big one? Some sort of alternate universe where Vaati is the major threat to Hyrule and can only be stopped by the Four Sword; and alternately, in the main universe Ganon is the major threat in Hyrule and can only be stopped by the Master Sword.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
How so? I've never actually played FS and FSA, so I'm not entirely certain.

I know Ganon is involved as the final boss or something in FSA...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
How so? I've never actually played FS and FSA, so I'm not entirely certain.

I know Ganon is involved as the final boss or something in FSA...

Ganon being the final boss, the map locations, the opening of the Dark World, in-game dialogue and some things shown in the Palace of the Four Sword in the GBA port of ALttP(the canon version),

The FS series is totally canon, imo

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I never played FS but I guess I see your point. I guess that the story was an important aspect of FSA and it would make me more then surprised if it was not canon. What I believe is a bit strange is that Ganon can be killed without the mastersword (because that was not what was used in FSA if I remember things correctly?).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I never played FS but I guess I see your point. I guess that the story was an important aspect of FSA and it would make me more then surprised if it was not canon. What I believe is a bit strange is that Ganon can be killed without the mastersword (because that was not what was used in FSA if I remember things correctly?).

He is also killed without the Master Sword in the original Zelda, and in OoX.

Although OoX can be considered a special case, since his resssurrection was incomplete, we can assume that his powers were also Incomplete

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm almost positive that Ganon in FSA was sealed. Not killed.

The Silver Arrows are stated to be the only things that can kill Ganon.

he is definitely only captured in FSA, not killed. in ALTTP you can go to the shrine of the four sword and see that he has escaped because the chest is open and i think the sword is on the floor and broken or something.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Ganon being the final boss, the map locations, the opening of the Dark World, in-game dialogue and some things shown in the Palace of the Four Sword in the GBA port of ALttP(the canon version),

The FS series is totally canon, imo
No no, I think you misunderstand what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying the Four Sword games aren't canon, I'm just saying that maybe they're like a different origin story.

See, now all this info you've given me helps to explain this better.

Figure that the Four Sword games (MC, FS, and FSA) tell an alternate origin to the Zelda series. Sort of like an alternate "what if" scenario, but one that ultimately fits its way seemlessly into the main canon by the way of ALttP.

It looks kinda like this:
2dhs5sw.jpg

It's a rough outline. Don't judge me.

L

Liam

No no, I think you misunderstand what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying the Four Sword games aren't canon, I'm just saying that maybe they're like a different origin story.

See, now all this info you've given me helps to explain this better.

Figure that the Four Sword games (MC, FS, and FSA) tell an alternate origin to the Zelda series. Sort of like an alternate "what if" scenario, but one that ultimately fits its way seemlessly into the main canon by the way of ALttP.

It looks kinda like this:
2dhs5sw.jpg

It's a rough outline. Don't judge me.

that is the best time line i have ever heard of. really, really good and it actually makes sense. oh, by the way, how do you get into the palace of the four sword in LttP? do you need to get the four sword in the four swords part of the double game pack, or what?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
in regards to timelines, i think the creators would tell us if there was a timeline other than the original split. MC, FS and FSA have been out for so long that if there was a timeline idea like that, they would have mentioned it because otherwise it would literally be totally bogus to keep that much info from theorists. besides, ALTTP talks about a war that only takes place in the AT, therefor it cant be connected to the CT at all.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
AT? CT? What?
Anyway, so what if Nintendo hasn't told us if there's an alternate timeline in the Zelda Universe? When have they told us anything about the Zelda timeline? The only account I can recall is that one time Miyamoto told us in an interview a relative placement of each game chronologically, and to my knowledge none of the Four Sword games were out yet, and I think he was kinda drunk or half asleep. He didn't seem too sure of himself.

@Hero_of_time:
I don't know. All I know is how annoyed I am that I actually own Four Swords in two different mediums (Minish Cap and ALttP [GBA Remake]) and to this day I havn't even been able to play one second of actual gameplay.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
@Hero_of_time:
I don't know. All I know is how annoyed I am that I actually own Four Swords in two different mediums (Minish Cap and ALttP [GBA Remake]) and to this day I havn't even been able to play one second of actual gameplay.

youre really not missing much. its lacking in gameplay and i feel as though that it should be uncanonical, but the fact that its connected to other games makes it canonical.

AT=Adult Timeline
CT=Child Timeline

the creators have told us plenty of things. after WW was made they told us there was a split timeline. after TP was made they told us it takes place 100 years after OoT (same with WW). after FS was made they said that its the first game in the series (before OoT) but they later changed their minds when they created FSA.

you obviously havent done any research on timelines and the games for placement...i suggest you do that or the hardcore theorists (me, SoM, Skull Kid, Smertios) will tear you apart.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Even if it is bad I want to play it.

It's like if your mom plans to make sticky buns, but all she has is the dough. For sticky buns you need the cinnamon, and the cinnamony/chocolatey adhesive that holds the dough together, and that amazing frosting that tastes so good that it reminds you of every happy moment you've ever had in your life.

I mean, you could probably eat any one of those other ingredients alone and be happy, but no, all she's got is the dough and you're not going to eat dough. You never get the chance of having at least one sticky bun, but it plagues your mind every time you see the dough, and you see it all the time.

Imagine how torturous that would be? Well that's been my life since December 2002.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Even if it is bad I want to play it.

It's like if your mom plans to make sticky buns, but all she has is the dough. For sticky buns you need the cinnamon, and the cinnamony/chocolatey adhesive that holds the dough together, and that amazing frosting that tastes so good that it reminds you of every happy moment you've ever had in your life.

I mean, you could probably eat any one of those other ingredients alone and be happy, but no, all she's got is the dough and you're not going to eat dough. You never get the chance of having at least one sticky bun, but it plagues your mind every time you see the dough, and you see it all the time.

Imagine how torturous that would be? Well that's been my life since December 2002.

what in Gods name does this have to do with ANYTHING?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom