• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Two things from DLC that might carry over to BoTW 2

Yes, I know we know very little about BoTW 2, but it originated when the BoTW dev’s had so much ideas for DLC, they decided to start a new game.

From the first DLC pack of BoTW, the biggest additions were Trial of the Sword and Master Mode.

The Master Sword is obviously going to be in BoTW 2. When you first get the Master Sword in BoTW, it has just 30 strength. The first trials of the sword make it 40, second trials make it 50, and final trials make it 60. When at 60, its durability is heavily increased and not tampered with when firing beams, which are increased x2.

So in BoTW 2, do you think we’ll see something like Trials of the Sword? I think we will. It’d make no sense to leave the Master Sword at just 30, but I doubt it’ll be 60 from the start. It’d make sense to introduce something at least somewhat similar.

I think Master Mode could return too, and could be unlocked as a reward for beating the main game. It was like this in a lot of previous Zelda games, so I think it would be a good idea for BoTW 2, especially since BoTW’s endgame was a little bit barren.

So, what do you think? How do you think BoTW 2 will handle these? I know we indeed know little of the game, but I enjoy speculating over stuff like this.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I wouldn't expect trial of the sword but I would expect the master sword to retain its strength
Master mode was sorely missed in the base game so itd be crazy for them to forget it twice in a row

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The strength of the Master Sword really depends on if they keep the weapon system the same. It's hard to make a guess without knowing that. But I do personally think it's likely that they're going to make it with the assumption that all of BotW's DLC events have happened already. Especially when you consider that it was originally DLC before it evolved into its own game, I think that's the best way to go.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I hope they don't carry over the map into BotW2. Even if they change it to make it new and interesting, by now players have explored Hyrule to death. The only way I would change my mind is if having to change the setting would cripple the story elements, like it was being forced to fit a specific need.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
If the Master Sword is in BOTW2 AND is required for any sort of story element like it was for the memory in the first game, then we’re definitely going to lose it early on and have to regain it somehow, or perhaps upgrade it. Even if it doesn’t retain the DLC upgrades, starting out with a 30 damage weapon wouldn’t be the best idea, and reducing it without reason would raise a lot of questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom