• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Two queries from a novice :)

Hi All

I am brand new here.
and also Brand new to zelda BOTW btw . The last serious zelda I played was a long time back ... on the Game Cube ( Ocarina of time).

I had a query or two on the game.
I am on the level where Link gets his first intro with a horse . Can't really name the shrine, but there is also a Inn very nearby and with horse stables. Some guy here also gives me a side quest to get a cook-book for him. when I get the horse or am sitting on the horse, there is always this thunder & lightning ( the weather changes). Then it begins to rain and finally I get stuck (always) by the lightning . One thing I noticed is before the lightning strikes me(Link) , link's soles begin 1st to flash and then comes the lightning. I have completed the Horse-course but was curious why the lightning strikes me (Link) each and every time ( I have saved and loaded the game 3 times and it happened all 3 times ) ?

Also, I opted for the 'soft bed' in that nearby Inn I just mentioned about and see an extra yellow heart on my hud (next to the default 3 hearts). How exactly should I interpret this 'yellow heart ' ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All

I am brand new here.
and also Brand new to zelda BOTW btw . The last serious zelda I played was a long time back ... on the Game Cube ( Ocarina of time).

I had a query or two on the game.
I am on the level where Link gets his first intro with a horse . Can't really name the shrine, but there is also a Inn very nearby and with horse stables. Some guy here also gives me a side quest to get a cook-book for him. when I get the horse or am sitting on the horse, there is always this thunder & lightning ( the weather changes). Then it begins to rain and finally I get stuck (always) by the lightning . One thing I noticed is before the lightning strikes me(Link) , link's soles begin 1st to flash and then comes the lightning. I have completed the Horse-course but was curious why the lightning strikes me (Link) each and every time ( I have saved and loaded the game 3 times and it happened all 3 times ) ?

Also, I opted for the 'soft bed' in that nearby Inn I just mentioned about and see an extra yellow heart on my hud (next to the default 3 hearts). How exactly should I interpret this 'yellow heart ' ?

Thanks in advance.

The lightning will strike you if you're wearing metallic items, take all of your weapons and metallic armour off and you won't get hit by lightning.

The yellow hearts are temporary.
You can also gain them by cooking and eating food. If you get hit and lose the heart it won't come back, as opposed to red hearts which are permanent and refillable.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The lightning strikes if you have a metal weapon equipped. You can tell if it is metal when you go to your inventory, there will be a flashing light on your weapon. Just equip a wooden weapon or none at all.

The golden hearts disappear after you get hurt enough, they don’t come back. You can cook certain food sto get golden hearts too.

Excellent Folks . !
we can close this one , and hopefully some more interesting ones to come by .

Thanks
*& did I mention .. Wow what Knowledge !

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The lightning will strike you if you're wearing metallic items, take all of your weapons and metallic armour off and you won't get hit by lightning.

The yellow hearts are temporary.
You can also gain them by cooking and eating food. If you get hit and lose the heart it won't come back, as opposed to red hearts which are permanent and refillable.

To expand on this (i know this has been answered) you can find equipment that is made of wood to avoid this or even certain armors. (the lightning bolt) You can also be really cruel to enemes and throw a metal weapon thats about to be struck with lightning at them.

You can get Yellow Hearts from various sources one of the best being foods with the "hearty" prefix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom