• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Two New Trailers!

Salem

SICK
I'm so excited for this game like I wasn't this excited since forever.

Also, there's a snowy area in the game, I'm gonna guess it's in Lorule.

There're many different rod magic.

Some returning bosses fight differently.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow, that's all I have to say.

Every time we get any snippets of information, or a trailer/gameplay footage, I get more and more stoked. They've literally taken the world of A Link to the Past and made it all its own. These new dungeons look amazing, the depth from the 3D gives the top down perspective actual life rather than just a flat plain.

Also, I'm glad upgrading items has returned, hopefully more emphasis is put on that system this time though.

Jonouchi

Old school Pokemon master
Really nice. It's nice to see that it's not exactly the same landscape as in ALttp. The snow world looks nice and the items seem fun to use. I can't wait.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The two things that stuck out to me the most were when Link was falling seamlessly from platform to platform inside a Death Mountain mini-dungeon -- yes, that's what it is, IGN has confirmed this -- and the, what I'm going to call, inverse light section.

I already knew the game was taking advantage of its full 3D status despite being a top-down game, but actually seeing Link fall great distances without any kind of loading whatsoever was very reassuring, and the inverse light thing was just mind-blowingly awesome. That kind of creativity is on par with Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword, which is very exciting.

Fig

The Altruist
Seeing these two new trailers really wishes that November 22 was within a few days rather a few weeks. These trailers look amazing and I can almost guarantee that the 3DS family will be selling like hotcakes as we approach the 22nd! I can't wait! *^*

I'm guessing the 'stealth' elements Aonuma spoke of were briefly shown, where link merges into the wall to avoid the enemy's gaze early in the video. The dungeon styles and designs also look terrific! The anticipation is killing me...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The departure from the typical musical compilations sounds very promising. The music (at least the character themes) is almost Celtic, while mainly harking back to Medieval times. Not really what I was expecting from Nintendo, especially in a Zelda game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The departure from the typical musical compilations sounds very promising. The music (at least the character themes) is almost Celtic, while mainly harking back to Medieval times. Not really what I was expecting from Nintendo, especially in a Zelda game.

I think it's just that those two musicians were playing the different themes... which suggests that we'll be able to get them to do so in-game -- a first for Zelda.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Just when i thought i couldnt get more excited! The gameplay trailer almost didnt ever look like ALttP for the first time. the inverse lighting sections are very creative and im stoked about that. (thanks for the term JJ!) The snowy area looked like it was Death Mountain... Dark World version im guessing! Im wondering if there will be two rods, or one that functions and many different ways.

Man i cant wait for this anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom