• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Two Master Swords?

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Could there be two Master Swords? In Twilight Princess, in the Temple Of time you put the Master Sword in the pedestal, but the pedestal is empty before you put the sword in. The Master sword isn't there. Where is it. While your in the Temple of Time, could it be the same time frame in Ocarina of Time when adult Link is finding the sages. That means Ocarina of Time Link has the Master Sword, and Twilight Princess Link has the Master Sword. Therefor there are two Master Swords in the same time.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Could there be two Master Swords? In Twilight Princess, in the Temple Of time you put the Master Sword in the pedestal, but the pedestal is empty before you put the sword in. The Master sword isn't there. Where is it. While your in the Temple of Time, could it be the same time frame in Ocarina of Time when adult Link is finding the sages. That means Ocarina of Time Link has the Master Sword, and Twilight Princess Link has the Master Sword. Therefor there are two Master Swords in the same time.

I think this is a misconception, Link doesn't time travel here, the Temple of Time is preserved in a state of time that can be accessed by striking the pedestal with the Master Sword. Link just visits the Temple of its past form, he doesn't time travel to the time of Ocarina of Time, for one the two Temples look very different anyway but that isn't the point. All in all I think the ToT in Twilight Princess is just preserved in time, Link doesn't necessarily go back to that time period.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Locke, why is the Master sword not there then?

I'll refer back to my statement
Some guy who loves Reggie said:
I think this is a misconception, Link doesn't time travel here, the Temple of Time is preserved in a state of time that can be accessed by striking the pedestal with the Master Sword. Link just visits the Temple of its past form, he doesn't time travel to the time of Ocarina of Time, for one the two Temples look very different anyway but that isn't the point. All in all I think the*ToT*in Twilight Princess is just preserved in time, Link doesn't necessarily go back to that time period.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I think we should assume that their is one power behind the master sword; every Zelda fan who dished out the money for SS (Spoilers) forged that thing. I can only assume it travels through time with him like the rest of his items, and he lays it to rest at the end of OoT. In TP we find the Master Sword in the woods. The Temple of Time is apparently some sort of time travel, or simple a preserved existence in the way justacoolguy suggested. Its possible the time travel takes him back to a point when the Master Sword was being used by some other version of the hero. Its actually possible that the Master Sword from two points in time coexisted, such as when two Impa's existed through the use of the gates of time. The changes in the temple can be attributed to age and alterations made during the time between the portals. I think its likely the Master Swords could have existed at the same time.

I just wish they'd cut down on time travel. Its the bane of continuity and the digger of plotholes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom