• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Two Links...

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I just imagined something that has not yet been implemented in the Zelda series (in terms of storyline, and perhaps in gameplay) and I guess it could be a plausible next step:

You take control of two different links in different periods of time, each with an unique storyline at the beginning and maybe they could find a portal in which they could get to each other's era, merging each other's storyline and there you go, two links joining forces to save Hyrule in two different periods of time. I think it could be interesting. Maybe find a link between the 3DS Zelda and the Wii U Zelda... Maybe it's a lot like Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures but hey it's worth the thinking.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...That...would never work. The closest we could see to that is one Link meeting an older retired hero Link. In fact, we sorta saw it in TP.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I don't think it would work like you were thinking, requiring both a 3DS and Wii U would seem like a cheap money tactic to me and just tedious, like the Tingle Tuner in TWW. Although having a co-op mode where another player can just jump in and help you fight your way through the story would definitely work, or controlling two versions of Link, like in OoT or Assassin's Creed; with Desmond in the future and Altair in the past. It'd definitely be interesting to control two different characters either in two different time periods or that just have different abilities, like the statue in ST or as I said two Links from different time periods in OoT.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think it could easily work and I think it is something Nintendo should consider doing. For a long while I have wanted to see an older, more grizzled Link, one who has seen his fair share of battles and hardships and adventures. I've envisioned a Zelda game which shows us such an incarnation of Link going about his quest but with extended 'flashbacks' to his life as a younger man, going on an adventure which is different but ultimately linked to the one he embarks on as an older man.

I absolutely think a Zelda game with two Links (or two versions of the same Link, even) could work and I would quite like to see one made, to be honest.

I immediately thought of Spider-Man: Edge of Time, which our friendly hero, through a portal thingy, comes in contact with Spider-man 2099. In the end I believe the story lead to Spider-Man finishing his task in our time with the help of 2099, who knows full well that it will end his existence.

Lots of interesting story opportunities there, especially with our already tumultuous timeline.

I think it could work, but not as a 3DS/Wii U game combo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't want to see 3DS-Wii U forced connectivity, but an extra layer of gameplay if one so chooses. The idea of having two Links of two different time periods makes me think of two prerequisites:

- Each Link has an adventure of the length of an OoT blind 100% (say 100ish hours), while both are fully playable on the Wii U.
- Each Link has vastly different equipment, and dare I say, play style.

Other than that, I think it's a go as far as gameplay is concerned. From a story point of view, I think it's just another thing for Nintendo to shoehorn Time Travel into another Zelda game after OoT's success. 'SS did it, why can't another game?" is the mentality I think Nintendo will drag along. So, I don't know how well this would boil over. Would it further complicate the timeline (which could be a good thing for all we know; the timeline as it is now doesn't even make any sense lol), or would it like all the other time travel centric games bar OoT somehow have one linear story?

This is a genius idea. Maybe we could have an item called..........*pathetic drumroll please*......SPLIT CRYSTAL. When needed he could split into to and whatever you press on the control both of them do that. However you can use no backup items just your sword and shield and it could be like a 3D Chrono Trigger!

I think having a connection between Wii U Zelda and 3DS Zelda for maybe a co-op mode would be a good idea if done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom