• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Two Fire Temples; What Do You Think About That?

Hi,

So, another Fire Temple has been revealed.
Now there are two of them: the Earth Temple and the Fire Sanctuary.

What is your opinion on this?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like the idea. There is probably another one in the eldin province too since there are 3 areas in the Faron province. I also expect 3 for the desert area.

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily has to mean multiple fire dungeons must be in the game. In Faron, there is one forest dungeons and one water dungeon untill now. There could be a snow area and a rocky mountain area in Eldin instead of another fire area.

I like the pictures of the new fire area. It looks really great, but I question the variety within the game..

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes, but that doesn't necessarily has to mean multiple fire dungeons must be in the game. In Faron, there is one forest dungeons and one water dungeon untill now. There could be a snow area and a rocky mountain area in Eldin instead of another fire area.

I like the pictures of the new fire area. It looks really great, but I question the variety within the game..

Don't forget the sealed grounds,now. Also there is variety in the fire area, there is that lovely shine place up in the mountain with tall structures, there is the bokoblin camp, which is shown in the night-time, so perhaps it is only accessible at night. If you notice how different the area looks at night with the bright lava contrasting against the dark earth. This new fire area inside the volcano itself has a more natural feel to it with open caves and flowing rivers of lava rather than the manmade look of the earth temple. There will surely be a variety of enemies also, so don't get too worried about it.

Awesome! if the boss is Volvagia Im going to be so happy!
if there is a third dungeon, i hope its a stone temple, could be amazing
bay the way, the third dungeon in Faron is most likely the unknown part with the swirling tree

I'm pretty much in full belief by this point that this is what Nintendo was talking about when they said the overworld was becoming more like a dungeon. There is a set area (the Eldin Volcano or whatever), and you spend the entire time there making your way up the levels to the top of the volcano. There's (what, four?) different areas in this one place, with each having it's own boss or something of importance. The best I can liken it to is Four Swords Adventures, where you have three different levels for each area, and each has it's own boss or sub-boss. Then, you have the climax at the end, and you complete the area.

It's literally, a dungeon within a dungeon within a dungeon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm pretty much in full belief by this point that this is what Nintendo was talking about when they said the overworld was becoming more like a dungeon. There is a set area (the Eldin Volcano or whatever), and you spend the entire time there making your way up the levels to the top of the volcano. There's (what, four?) different areas in this one place, with each having it's own boss or something of importance. The best I can liken it to is Four Swords Adventures, where you have three different levels for each area, and each has it's own boss or sub-boss. Then, you have the climax at the end, and you complete the area.

It's literally, a dungeon within a dungeon within a dungeon.

Dungeonception eh? (You asked for that)
Well there are many different areas we know about in the Faron province, Faron woods and I bet that big tree has significance,Lake floria, skyview temple, Ancient cistern and sealed grounds. That is allot of content right there. From what we know of the Eldin region there are also a similar amount of areas. Whilst in the same place each of these areas looks different and should provide variety to make each area really fun to play. This is truly shaping up to be a great game.

...right, because a snow area near a volcano makes so much sense.

So far I'm ok with both "firey" dungeons, I'm sure that variety was a concern and that was adressed. The reviews and previews we haven't had any complaint about it. For sure if the game had two similar dungeons in a 6-pack we would hear lots of complaints. And even if that's the case, what about all the overworld areas and their respective transformations? What about the Sky, what about the interlude areas? We can't say that it's bad until we chunk the whole.

Let's just stop thinking we have a check-list for the perfect LoZ game, and that every box that is not checked (like a snowy area, okay, I know. Snowpeak in TP is awesome) is a let down. Let them surprise us.
---

I think that the cold portion of the game will be like a frozen water area, maybe in the "desert". Since we learnt that the Desert is not necessarily a full blown desert (more like a wasteland) and that Link might turn it into a greenland. So in a second run in the area would be okay to have some part of the sea or a river frozen over there, and for sure this would surprise the players.

Last edited:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
YESSSS!!!!

I am a huge fan of the lava filled fire dungeons! The music and the bosses! But I hope it doesn't mean that they can't fit in a sky(Not the forest temple) temple, and another snowy temple.

This isn't anything new, Ocarina of Time says hi. (Two forest, two fire, and two water dungeons.)

Anyways, the dungeons look different enough. The Earth Temple seems more like a fiery mountain while the Fire Sanctuary seems like a Forsaken Fortress type dungeon.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
It's not really THAT exciting. (it still is though) It's not like that is new! Ocarina of Time had two fire dungeons, two forest dungeons, and two water dungeons. It is cool that there are two though!!!

Seems like the earth temple's like a prelude to the fire temple-all good. Chances are, the fire temple has a few surprises that are different from the earth temple, but still similar-for example, no balls to roll around on in the fire temple. New fire enemies. etc.

Well we really don't know much about the Fire Sanctuary yet. Skyview has the beetle, the Earth Temple has the rolling ball, and the Ancient Cistern has the whip. What does the Fire Sanctuary have (besides awesome architecture)?

What I find most interesting about this temple is that it seems far away from the volcano itself. Makes me wonder why its there. And I was sure we'd be seeing a Goron settlement in this area. What could this mean for the gorons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom