• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twitter v Instagram

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I've been dabbling with the idea of doing a daily video blog. To put myself out there a bit more. Some days with like 20-30 second videos, and other days with videos that are a few minutes. More raw and unedited stuff.

Do you guys think Twitter or Instagram is a better platform for this?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have an account on both platforms but don't use either a great deal myself.

At least amongst the people I know (in their 10s and 20s) Instagram seems to be a more popular platform. I think if your content is relating to gaming/Zelda or something that is to be targeted toward young people/middle aged people Instagram is the better focus. However, uploading the same video to both platforms probably would give you better coverage?

There is also a newish app called Tik Tok which has exploded in popularity lately but I feel like I am getting old since I am really out of the loop on that one and don't have an account. I know it is much more suited to very short videos (with a short time limit) though so it is probably not going to work with that kind of content.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have an account on both but i haven't logged in Instagram in a year and I only use Twitter to upload my Switch pics or pics I would rather my parents not see, like the one I plan on taking of all of my BAB cuz they would get mad at it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You should/could do both. Instagram seems to be more popular and especially with youngsters. But if you want to reach out to people with a lot of nostalgia Twitter might be the better fit. I agree with Jims. You could do both. Two for the price of one :D

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't know anyone who uses Twitter. Instagram seems to be the most popular so I'd go with that one if you aren't gonna just do both.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I ended up making an Instagram account.

I haven't done any video posts, but just started the account and doing some posting. I'll see where it goes, but definitely want to try and build up a following and a more personal brand, differing from the website.

I think you made the right choice with instagram. I have both, but seem to have more engagement and just more fun in general on insta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom