• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twinrova's Magic

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Twinrova, the surrogate mothers of Ganondorf, are Twin sisters who are quite well known in the Legend of Zelda. They compose of Kotake, Sorceress of Ice and Koume, Sorceress of Fire. They are masters of Fire and Ice, but the question is where did they get their magic?

So this is me making my first theory after a long time since I joined...

I believe that their Ice and Fire magic was rather acquired rather than born with. In OoT, when Link finally gets the Silver Gaunlets, one can see a cutscene of Nabooru and Twinrova, they used black Magic on her. At that time I didn't see a hint of them knowing Ice and Fire magic. So this is what happened.

When Ganondorf touched the Triforce and gained the Triforce of Power, he gained enough power to start his plan for World Domination. His evil power radiated from the very realm itself, and his corruption reached each temple of the Sages. There is a chance that he took part of the sages power to increase his own, which caused monsters to appear in the Temples of the sages.

And by the time he took a portion of the power of the sage of Fire and Water, he must have given them to his surrogate mothers, Twinrova. Then in turn, they gained the power of Fire and Ice.

What proves my theory is the mark of the Sage of Fire and Water on Kotake and Koume's Spell Circles. When Link enters the battleground for Twinrova, Kotake and Koume appear from their own spell circles. In those circles are the marks of the Sage of Fire and Water. Meaning that they acquired Fire and Ice magic.

Now let me say a few things before I get contradicted.

If Ganon has the Triforce of Power, why would he have taken a bit of the power of the sages?
The answer is that he is a power hungry general of Darkness. He would get everything he need to fulfill his dark desire.

Why did he not show any of the portion of the Sages' power in OoT?
I believe he did. When Link entered Ganon's Tower, one can see six evil barriers preventing him from progressing. He must have gathered what he had left of the Sages' power he stole and used it to create the barriers.

If what you say is true, then why does Twinrova have the power of the Sages even though the Sages of Fire and Water have been awakened? That must have meant that they have lost their source of Magic!
Ganon stole a portion of the magic remember? He did not take it all. Even if Link were to restore the Sage of Fire and Water's power, that does not mean that It will draw back the stolen power from ganondorf.

Why is Kotake using Ice if she is using a portion of the Sage of Water? Isn't she supposed to use water instead?
Ice is just another form of water.

Let my end begin! :silent:

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow K4. You explained this very well, and answered all the questions I was going to ask you at the end of your theory. I don't know whether I agree that this happened or not. I believe it is more likely that the spell circles contained the symbol of the elemental magic, rather than the symbols being the sage's themselves. Also, that Kotake and Koume used black magic on Naburoo because they wanted to turn her into the Iron Knuckle, not kill her as they did with Link.

But, I applaude you for your theory and for thinkng outside the box. It is definetly possible.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I actually like this theory. Good work on covering your bases! Stealing the sage's magic would make sense, because it would explain the barriers of Ganon's tower! I've always wondered about that.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ K4KING

I've never thought of that before. It's so brilliant! I think your theory might as well be true.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The answer is that he is a power hungry general of Darkness.
Nah, that's Onox. Ganondorf is the King of Darkness!

Anyways, that's not the point. I think you did a great job of explaining this. I didn't notice the Fire and Water Sages marks on the sister's magical circles, I have to look at that. Makes me wonder why he didn't take a bit of Shadow from Impa and give it to one of his mommies. And you may be right with your theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom