• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twinrova in "The Hero Is Defeated" Timeline

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
After going throught some of GlitterBerri's Hyrule Historia page translations i noticed something that did not make sense inside the "HERO IS DEFEATED" timeline. You see it says (correct me if im wrong) that Link is defeated during the fianl battle with Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Therefore, Link has awakened all the sages from the Temples of Hyrule which me that in order to do that he had to deafeat Twinrova in the Spirit Temple. However, in Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Twinrova is back all of a sudden and tries to revive Ganon who got defeated in A Link To The Past. How did they come back though? Is there a game between ALttP and OoX that explains how theyre back but it hasnt been created yet? Or did Nintendo not think about all the contradictions while making this official timeline? What do you guys think

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
yup, this is a blatant contradiction. I used to say that they were different characters, but iirc the Historia claims or implies that they're the same ones. They did surprisingly well with the SW, making it a separate event after OoT (and making up some junk in-between the two events so it fits...), but they couldn't avoid this one. ...unless they hadn't gone and assumed that they're the same characters.

Well Eiji Aonuma has stated that there may be some discrepancies... I know it doesn't help us fans who would like a unified theory but hey, half the fun is sitting here listening to everyone's theories.

Twinrova is a powerful being, what's to say that there cannot be a timeline shift where Twinrova is concerned? I mean Link travels through the timelines himself.

it is a glaring contradiction though, well spotted :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ALTTP is before OOX so Ganon would have revived them during that time. They are his parents after all and useful allies.

ALTTP is before OOX so Ganon would have revived them during that time. They are his parents after all and useful allies.

I like where you're going with this, but really Nintendo? Anyway, I was going to say maybe they're ghosts? /only kidding

Ganon reviving them would make some sense and also their witches so comon, surely they could find a way to revive themselves somehow if they really wanted too and the curse thing makes since with that I guess.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I'm not sure if the direct translation is that he got defeated in the final battle, some people say it was due to the time travel to open the shadow temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom