• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Twinmold Without the Giant's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels kinda weird posting a game help thread. Huh. o_0

Basically I'm playing Majora's Mask, but I'm doing a minimalist run (no items that are not 100% essential for completing the game, including heart containers). Naturally, it's really hard and I'm stuck. I've managed to complete Stone Tower Temple, but I cannot beat Twinmold. Why? I'm not allowed to use the Giant's Mask.

Technically the mask does not qualify as required, since you do not have to collect it to leave the room it's in. I did collect it since I thought I might need it, but I'm still trying to beat Twinmold without it. I'm able to occasionally do some damage to him by getting a lucky arrow shot on one of his weak points, but I waste all my arrows before I can do any real damage and I don't have enough health (just 3 hearts plus the one bottle you need to get through the game), to survive against the two bugs as they come in and out of the sand.

Any advice? I don't know if anyone here's completed this challenge, but I thought I'd ask. I'd even like any tips you've had if you've beaten him without the mask at all, not just on a minimalist run, because it seems impossible to me. :(

I don't think its possible to beat Twinmold without the mask but i haven't tried so...yeah. Anyway what im thinking is that you might be out of magic because the Giant's mask drains your magic when worn, and if that"s not the problem, i blame it on a glitch. Unless someone else has a better idea of what is wrong...
I said in my post that I'm doing a minimalist run, so there's no problem with the mask. I'm just not using it. And I would think it should be possible, considering the bow is usable on every other boss and you CAN hurt his weak points (head and tail) with the bow. I just don't know if it's possible to have enough arrows or how to survive the fight when I get hit.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I did this once, it is possible. It's really hard though. I did it a while ago though, so my memory may also be a bit fuzzy. >.<

It's a pain, and it took a while, but I found shielding as a goron, then I think using the sword before they're underground again very helpful. I think arrows were effective too. I think I used both weapons, not sure I remember which one prevailed in the end. Basically dodge, take a shot, then avoid some more... I can't recall if goron shielding would prevent damage when they rose to the surface too, but I think it might have depending on the angle relative to you the come up at. Good luck!

Wow, thanks Deku, and Silly too! That will probably be enough to help me win. Thanks again! ^^

I'll let y'all know if I beat him.

Song of Storms

Blow Curses Away
If you were allowed to use CR, do it then rape the bugs with light arrows...
Light Arrows were allowed to use right???

takes forever but easiest way is to get on the main platform and wait for it to get near then slash with ur sword takes forever. only reason i kno this i ran out of magic first time i fought boss!!!

I think you either have to get a quiver upgrade or the Giant's Mask. You can kill them both with Light Arrows (probably not, as you don't have the double magic meter), or you can fire Ice Arrows at the red one and Fire Arrows at the blue one.

Wow, Axle asking for help?! On MM no less! I never thought I would see the day... Anyway, the idea proposed by Cell-Shaded Deku seems best, I just hope you have enough magic for it. You'll need perfect aim if you're going to do that without the upgraded magic bar, and that guy in the video fell apart at the end. Good luck, you'll need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom