• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twin-bladed Link

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Would it be cool to get a second sword as part of a sidequest. When you wield two swords though, you can't use a shield.

I wouldn't like to see Link dual-wielding weapons, I don't think its Link's style of fighting. I have always seen Link as a person that only uses one blade no matter what.

It could work very well though but it isn't something I am eager to see happening anytime some in a Zelda game. It might be nice to see it as an item gained in a Temple or side-quest as it could be very fun using dual blades.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I don't think Hylian Knights carry more than one sword, it's an interesting idea as far as combinations go. Sabre + dagger = wicked, but it's just not Link's style to swing two blades. One of the catches for being a hylian knight is to carry that hylian shield around. Without it the game would feel less like a real zelda... maybe...

P

Pyroco101

i bet feirce deity link splitting his sword would be pretty tight

Steve

5/19/13
I don't think Hylian Knights carry more than one sword, it's an interesting idea as far as combinations go. Sabre + dagger = wicked, but it's just not Link's style to swing two blades. One of the catches for being a hylian knight is to carry that hylian shield around. Without it the game would feel less like a real zelda... maybe...

First of all, Link is not a Hylian Knight, only a descendant of the blood line. Second, it is never once said they can't carry, or furthermore use multiple swords. They only lug those shields around so they can protect themselves, it'd be pointless if it was just for the decor. Anyway yeah, I think it would be very interesting using dual blades, though that would only really work with the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo.

Zarom

The King
No. I don't think Link should have two swords... No, I just don't see him doing that. He would just not be the same... Link always had and should always have is sword and his shield. :sword: + :shield: = :)

It doesn't seem too Zelda-y, but it could work.

I've been interested in the idea of them implementing various weapons instead of just a sword, and duel blades could be interesting, if really different.

K

Koulatio

I don't like the idea of him having two swords. If he did, then he obviously wouldn't be using his shield. That's part of Link's image! He has to use his shield. Plus, it would make Link seem more like Lloyd Irving for me ;)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
While Link may not actually be a knight, he does take up the role of the "Hero" or "Knight". Even Zelda staff has called him as such:
"The games feature Zelda, the heroine, and Link, the knight." -
Naoki Mori, Cinema Scene Director

So, Link might not actually be an employed knight, but his character is portrayed as the knight character of the individual stories.The whole sword 'n' shield design that Link has been given over the years is a style that is almost always used when depicting a hero or knight (in medieval settings, anyway), even in other stories and games. The sword and shield are part of what represents his character as a whole. The sword depicts strength while a shield would depict protection, and that's what he does- fights and protects. Removing the shield from his design would probably throw off his character quite a bit. Even when he had the Biggoron Sword in OoT, his shield was still present. Fierce Deity lacked a shield, and his characteristics seemed to have vast differences compared to the true Link.

While dual swords might look cool on some characters, they don't fit them all. For example, Lloyd Irving of Tales of Symphonia wielded dual swords, but he lacked the ability to protect himself and others... at first anyway. The lack of a shield fit his character nicely compared to the enemy, Kratos, who wielded a buckler of sorts. Kratos took the role of the Chosen's body guard. Being that he was a protector, the shield fit the role.

So now you can probably see why having a shield fits Link's character archetype better than dual swords would. I'm not saying Link wouldn't look neat with them, but I hardly see it fitting the role he's so often given. Now, if they decide to go ahead and make that drastic change they were talking about years ago, maybe they'll change Link's demeaner, and in that case, perhaps dual swords might work. But for now? I'd rather not see it.

Oh..so you mean like this?

Beta19.jpg

Notice the C icons, two blades are equiped (and no this isnt fake, OoT beta)

And I think it could work. It some of the latest 2D Zeldas, Link didn't always need his shield equiped and could use, for example, his sword and boomerang only. I think the same can work in the next Zelda with Link having a dagger and a sword.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Link doesn't seem like the run-in-and-slash-everything kinda guy that two swords would fit with- Link seems more refined, fighting when he has to but not to experienced with killing things in cold blood.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Think about this i mean using the wii motion plus for two swords would be awesome and you could put them near each other you could block certain attacks against you.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
That would be an awesome idea! But what if this only happened in boss battles or when ever you had enough magic power the master sword turned in to copies of itself and then you could do cooler combos and stuff like that.
:mastersword::):mastersword:
(oh, shinny):lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom