• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twillight Realm/Fused Shadow & Majora's Mask?

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
You know what's funny. The face of Skull Kid in TP looks very much like the moon in MM. So even there is a connection.

SkullKid.png

MoonMM.jpg

HOLY wow even the moon and skull kid have connections thats crazy

Leix

Error
By the goddesses, i've never thought about that before.
However, the Skull Kid looks psychotically happy, and the moon just looks angry/in pain(although at that angle it looks like it's trying to smile for a picture and miserably failing)

J

Joey Kazooie

Well, I don't think the moon should smile, when some mask let's him crashing down on some planet.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
yeah thats just a refrence from MM if you ask me.

anyway, there is one major point dissaproing this theory for me.
we know that MM occurs before TP.
the happy mask salesman said that after the ancient tribe was gone (so that tribe doesn 't excist anymore) he was looking for majora 's mask.

M

Majora master

Maybe midna's mask does have a great resemblence. Because they are both Zelda games. And majora's mask is the game right after oot. In oot you play as a kid and an adult. Therefore it means there is a resemblence because in tp you play as an adult get it?!...

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now I understand the theroy but to help others you should make it consise (meaning short if you didn't already know).

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
according to the theory the creator of this thread has, that would mean that twilight princess would come before majoras mask on a timeline.

the reason for what i just said is because in order for the twili to make majoras mask then the twili would have to exist during Majoras Mask, but the creator said that he thinks termina becomes the twilight realm and its people become the twili people. thats impossible if the mask was already made by the twili. there would already be twili therefor termina is not the twilight realm and its people do not become twili. that right there is a HUGE hole in this theory.

it was a good idea but it makes no sense timeline wise because even if you dont believe in a timeline everyone knows MM comes right after OoT

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Majora's Mask = Fused Shadow?

picture.php

I highly doubt that this is a coincidence. They fit too well. Do you think Nintendo was trying to tell us something? They do both serve very similar purposes. They are both incredibly powerful dark relics. I think that perhaps there is a relationship between the Twili and the tribe described by the HMS in the beginning of MM. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't think that, for now, we can make a connection based on it's desgin.
It's true that they bear similarities, but while the Majora's Mask housed a very powerful entity, and it's used turned you into a puppet, the Fused Shadow only gave you tons and tons of power, even though, that power is not comparable to one third of the triforce, since Ganon destroyed it with his bare hands.

I think that, until a game proves that there is a connection, any coincidence must be ignored.

Also, don't forget that, as far as we know, Majora's mask is orginary from Termina, while the Fused Shadow is either from Hyrule or the Twilight Realm.

And, on a sidenote, I am pretty sure that we'll hear of the Fused Shadow in the Future, don't forget that in the ending of TP, it's remains layed half-buried on the Hyrule Field, and there was an oddly suspiciously close-up to it.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think you misunderstood me.
I don't think that there is a direct relation between the tribe that created Majora's Mask and and the tribe that was banished into the Twilight realm, but I think that they are paralels of eachother, just like how most characters in OoT had paralels in Termina. In other words, I think that they are the same, just in different dimensions, just like how there are Zora and Goron in both dimensions.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That is highly unprobable right now.
And the Hyrule/Termina counterparts were basicly similars in more than one or two points.

For example Ruto and Lulo were basicly the same, while Darmani and The Goron leader in OoT were also the same, basicly, in design, I mean.
But Majora's Mask X Fused Shadow similarities end up on the eye.
Don't forget that it is called MAJORA'S MASK, as in BELONGING to Majora.
I believe that Majora was an actual being, and that is very supported by the fact that the two last boss stages are Majora's Incarnation and Majora's Wrath.
And it is shown through the game that Majora's Mask had a personality and a spirit within, while the Fused Shadow is just a mask, a mere tool with immense powers

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Majora's Mask had a personality and a spirit within, while the Fused Shadow is just a mask, a mere tool with immense powers

I completely agree that Majora's Mask has no connection to the Fused Shadow, but you know how much I love to play the Devil's Advocate so in defense of the theory at hand, at the end of MM the HMS said that the Mask's power was gone (meaning it was just an ordinary mask). It's possible that with it's power gone, it started to alter in appearance (aka turn into stone). Due to the design of the mask, someone who found it (maybe one of the first Twili people) could have bestowed powers unto it making in the Fused Shadow.

It's a long shot and I certainly don't believe it, but it's a theory and I love coming up with theories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom