• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Makes sense :) Just thought I'd ask. I've never had an opportunity to go to a midnight release party for anything before. The only thing I would have considered would have been for Lord of the Rings, and only in the theaters.

Well Lord of the Rings was MASSIVE back in the day. Even people that didn't like fantasy saw it.

But I'm afraid the TwiTard obsession overtook it.

I love Twilight, don't get me wrong..

But people, please...it's just a media thing. It's going to die along with everything else.

I own it on DVD now, though. xD I had it for an hour and I'm bored with it. :P

Last edited:

Guardian

The Chosen One
At first I thought that movie was going to be some stand in the corner goth movie with blood sucking vampires. But I heard mostly everyone at school talking about it, all over the internet, so I said let me give this movie a try. I finally sat down and watched it and it was completely nothing what I had in mind. It was really a mysterious and interesting movie to watch and I can't wait for the next. :)

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
I thought it would be some lame teen type movie but I really enjoyed it a lot. I like vampires so that probably helped, lol. Still, WAY better than I thought it would be.

The reaction Robert gets is way too insane, though....

S

Silent Rain

I haven't seen it yet and I never read the book. But that guy on the cover hardly looks all that attractive at all really. He is too pretty looking. I like manlier looking boys.. you know.. whiskers and bigger shoulders?
I do like Kristen Stewart though.. but that doesn't mean I will like the movie just because she is in it.

I

IvilNatty

The movie was okay. I think most girls only like the movie due to Robert Pattinson and the whole concept of forbidden love. If it wasn't so girly I think the movie could've been better. The book was okay I guess. It was very dull in the beginning. It did get better thought towards the end due to the thorough description. I think Twilight was a pretty good movie but it's a movie I'd never watch again.

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
...I ************************************************ing hate Twilight too the core. End of story. I hate it because when it first came out, none of the girls would shuttup about it. Some of them still won't. There is one emo/ goth girl named Elizebeth at my school who loves it so much, she (literally, no joke) thinks she is a vampire, has Twilight pillows, blankets, and other things. She also treats the book like a bible. Actually, like THE bible. It's disgusting. She still is like this. I think she has even bit some people. She scares me.

Crazy goth/emo wannabes twilight fangirls just makes me want to slap them in the face. Did you say that she treats it like a bible? Well I would like to rip the book up and see the look on her face!!:lol:

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
...I ************************************************ing hate Twilight too the core. End of story. I hate it because when it first came out, none of the girls would shuttup about it. Some of them still won't. There is one emo/ goth girl named Elizebeth at my school who loves it so much, she (literally, no joke) thinks she is a vampire, has Twilight pillows, blankets, and other things. She also treats the book like a bible. Actually, like THE bible. It's disgusting. She still is like this. I think she has even bit some people. She scares me.
oh yeah, and if she thinks she's a vampire, tell her to stop eating so eventually she'll starve to death.

L

Link of Hyrule

The movie sucks. I would rather watch barney and I hate barny

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
I read the books out of sheer curiosity to see what all the hype was about. Also because im an avid book reader and i was looking for a new series to read. It was pretty enjoyable. I mean, sure its so annoying how everybody is so obssesed with it but its still a pretty good book. Anyway, To me it seems like that its the "cool" thing to do is for people to be all obsessed with the series and state "OMG! EDWARD IS SOOO HAWT!!!" 24/7 ,and its the other "cool" thing is for everybody else to hate it with every fiber of thier being.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I hate twilight so much.... Hugest piece of crap of the last few years..
Seriously, and what worsens it, are the emo wannabes.
I hope that this is a series that dies quickly...

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Can someone explain to me what this Twilight stuff is about? I never heard of the books or movie. >.>
From what I can found out in this thread is that it is about vampires. Now I only watched the Blade movies when it comes to vampires, but I think I can't compare this Twilight movie to Blade.
The guy in the middle of Zeaniths picture in the 1st post of this thread looks extremely ugly :yuck:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have not read the books, nor have I seen the movie, so I really cannot form valid opinions. All I know is that, from what I've heard of it, it never seemed like anything that would be my cup of tea. I've never been into vampires much - and if I feel in a vampy mood, I have three manga volumes of "Hellsing" on my bookshelf. - And that features blood, gore, fangs and all that - while many anime/manga fans think Alucard is "hot," he is most definitely a monster and poor Seras is just someone he picked up on a whim, as I recall, and it's an action/horror series, not a romance. Then there's the "Crossfire" side stories in the back of the books about the assassin-nuns and that's just fun.

Shadsie prefers good old-fashioned blood to emo?

Anyway, online friends who tell me they've read these books in part or in whole tell me that my writing is a lot better... which makes me wonder why I'm not a published author yet when they're so successful. But, I guess the publication world and the public prefers vampires to morally-conflicted gryphons and peaceful, young, traveling scientists. And I don't think I can write a good, sappy romance to save my life (it's not even a heavy presence in my fan-fictions and they're a lot easier to write than original junk).

I don't know. No real opinion on the Twilight books/movies - all I know is that if my work ever became that popular, I'd be very flattered, but if I had swarms of fangirls and fanboys obessing over it to the point of treating it like holy writ and me like a goddess, I'd hold a press-conference to tell them to "Go get lives. Please. I'm not that great, go read some classics."

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Can someone explain to me what this Twilight stuff is about? I never heard of the books or movie. >.>
From what I can found out in this thread is that it is about vampires. Now I only watched the Blade movies when it comes to vampires, but I think I can't compare this Twilight movie to Blade.
The guy in the middle of Zeaniths picture in the 1st post of this thread looks extremely ugly :yuck:

The storyline focuses around a human teenage girl who falls for a vampire. That's the extent of it. Teenage girls adore the series. It's pretty cliched, but fun to read if you like lighter stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom