• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Remark In BOTW

About that Twilight remark that Zelda makes in BOTW.

Could it be possible that instead of the events of TP, she is actually referring to the banishment of the magic users to the Twilight Realm, which was said to happen many years before TP, thus making it possible to happen before the OOT timeline split? Therefore BOTW not necessarily having to be in the child timeline?

Also, I think Zelda mentions sailing, and those salt deposits mention an ancient sea, both of which could be referring to SS's Lanyru sandsea instead of Windwaker's great sea. Therefore BOTW not necessarily having to be in the adult timeline either?

I know that even if these things were referring to what I've said, it is still not evidence against each respective timeline per se, but rather evidence that it doesn't HAVE to be in that timeline also. Which could make the downfall timeline more likely maybe? Just purely from an elimination point of view.

Just food for thought anyway, as I know there's loads of evidence for all 3 timelines.

(I personally like the unified timeline theory anyway, but I'm guessing that's controversial!)

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What remark was this?

Also how would it make it more evidence of the downfall timeline, SS happened before the Split and TP is in the child timeline.

What remark was this?

Also how would it make it more evidence of the downfall timeline, SS happened before the Split and TP is in the child timeline.

I just meant in terms of less evidence for both the child and adult timelines. As I've read that some people really believe that Zelda's twilight remark is some of the most convincing evidence for the child timeline. (I've re-worded my first post as I thought I could have worded it better).

The remark I refer to is from one of the memories, she says something like, "whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in twilight"

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I just meant in terms of less evidence for both the child and adult timelines. As I've read that some people really believe that Zelda's twilight remark is some of the most convincing evidence for the child timeline.

The remark I refer to is from one of the memories, she says something like, "whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in twilight"

Seems more like that comment would argue for Child Timeline in all honesty.

Did you ever find the 4 fragments of what appear to be the Twlight Mirror?

Seems more like that comment would argue for Child Timeline in all honesty.

Did you ever find the 4 fragments of what appear to be the Twlight Mirror?

Oh do you mean near the beach? I think I did, good point, I forgot about that.

The twilight remark comment was just food for thought more than anything really, as it just crossed my mind that "maybe she meant that instead of that".

The word ''whether'' is also used in the speech, meaning that it's most likely referring to a hypothetical in universe. Also, there are allusions to similar events from the other timelines in the JP version of the speech, meaning that it isn't probably the best indicator of a timeline placement.

Also, we know that the sages from the later part of OoT awakened in BotW's timeline, and Hyrule is still around in BotW, which really only leaves the DT, IMO.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Possible, but I think that was just something they added to give us an aha moment.

At this point it is hard to keep trying to piece together where BoTW goes.

The word whether isn't hypothetical, what she means is that it doesn't matter what they're doing, the sword and the hero are always bound together.

As for the twilight remark, that's just bad localisation (like so much more of the localisation in this game).

As for the twilight remark, that's just bad localisation (like so much more of the localisation in this game).
How is it bad localisation?
The original Japanese line is "空を舞い 時を巡り 黄昏に染まろうとも" which translates to "Even if you dance the skies, you travel through time or you are dyed in twilight"... the reference to twilight is still there, so the localisation seems pretty accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom