• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Realm = Sacred Realm

G

GioSpy

What if the Twilight Realm is the Sacred Realm.

Here is my timeline involving the above theory.

zeldatimelinetheory1.png

G

GioSpy

In A Link to the Past, the seven wise men imprisoned Ganon in the Sacred Realm which became the Dark World.

In Twilight Princess, this same event could have also been stated when Ganon was imprisoned in the Twilight Realm by the sages.

There's the only real proof I have. How I got the rest of the timeline is a bit of a blur except of the fact that I believe that there is only one Ganon so the timeline splits into games with Ganon and those that don't (Don't pay attention to Four Swords. I'm judging it on the GBA one, not the GC one).

EDIT: I noticed the intersection. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought of that so just ignore it. The timeline I'm thinking of doesn't have the line connecting the Oracle games to A Link to the Past.

M

mamu mamu

[Z1-Z2-la-ww-ph] makes sense, but i dint see how the rest fits together, especially placing alttp and mc where they are.

I really doubt that the Twilight Realm is the Sacred Realm/Darkworld.

Midna's people were sent to the Twilight Realm for trying to conquer the Sacred Realm, and getting there hands on the Triforce.
So if they were trying to conquer the Sacred Realm, why would they be sent to the place that they were trying to conquer?

In A Link to the Past, the seven wise men imprisoned Ganon in the Sacred Realm which became the Dark World.

In Twilight Princess, this same event could have also been stated when Ganon was imprisoned in the Twilight Realm by the sages.

But, in LttP and OoT we hear that the SR is a world blessed and illuminated by the power of the triforce unless it is corrupted by ganon (using the triforce).

In TP, the TR is a world covered in darkness (twilight) that needs the power of the suns for people to actually live there. Also, the Imprisoning war happens duringthe events of OoT already, no need for it to happen again in TP...

There's the only real proof I have. How I got the rest of the timeline is a bit of a blur except of the fact that I believe that there is only one Ganon so the timeline splits into games with Ganon and those that don't (Don't pay attention to Four Swords. I'm judging it on the GBA one, not the GC one).

EDIT: I noticed the intersection. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought of that so just ignore it. The timeline I'm thinking of doesn't have the line connecting the Oracle games to A Link to the Past.

So,

...../-LttP-TP-LoZ/AoL-LA-TWW/PH
OoT
.....\MM-TMC-OoX-FS/FSA

Well, first of all, TP and TWW have been confirmed to come in separate timelines. In fact,
...../-TWW/PH
OoT
.....\MM-TP
is pretty much confirmed already. Maybe except for MM, but it is almost certain that it comes in the CT.

OoT---[several games]---TWW can't happen because in TWW intro we hear that no hero came between OoT and TWW. So basically, when creating a timeline you have to choose one of the following 4 spots for the 2D games:

................./-TWW/PH-[spot2]
[spot1]-OoT
.................\MM-[spot3]-TP-[spot4]

Another problem I found in your timeline is that you have LA floating alone in the middle of the AT. The manual of that game says that Link had defeated Ganon in Hyrule before, so it has to follow another game: most probably LttP or OoX, going by official artwork.

FSA and LttP share a lot of similarities to actually be in different timelines. The sequence TMC---FS/FSA---LttP is pretty much certain already. Also, FSA Hyrule is located on an island, showing connections to TWW.

Now, for OoX, there are only two possible placements for it: after LttP or after LoZ. Mainly because there are similarites between OoX and those 2 games (and also between those and AoL and LA). Also, blue Ganon needs to be dead before OoX can take place and that only happens twice: in LoZ and LttP. In my timeline, i have all those games connected (I like to say that ooX serves as a bridge between LttP/LA and LoZ/AoL):
AT: OoT-TWW/PH-TMC-FS/FSA-LttP/LA-OoX-LoZ/AoL

Now, for TMC, there are also two only possibilities for its placement: either after TWW or before OoT. There is evidence for both those placements, but not for the one you proposed.

On Ganon, I too believe that there is either one single Ganon or maybe 2. But that doesn't mean he can't exist in both the AT and CT at the same time. He was born before OoT and, therefore, before the split.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
[Z1-Z2-la-ww-ph] makes sense, but i dint see how the rest fits together, especially placing alttp and mc where they are.

No it doesn't... WW HAS to be after OoT, and without any games in between.
It is stated in the game's BS that Link didn't appear to save Hyrule from Ganon/dorf, so the Goddesses had to drown the land in order to prevent him from getting the Triforce

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
No it doesn't... WW HAS to be after OoT

Also, PH is a direct sequel to WW, and in it one of the treasures you can get is the Ruto Crown, saying it was worn by a princess of the Zora. I know it's not a big definite claim to timeline, but it's definitely something that helps show WW and PH are after OoT (and are in the same timeline).

S

ShieksAWoman?!

I really doubt that the Twilight Realm is the Sacred Realm/Darkworld.

Midna's people were sent to the Twilight Realm for trying to conquer the Sacred Realm, and getting there hands on the Triforce.
So if they were trying to conquer the Sacred Realm, why would they be sent to the place that they were trying to conquer?

I agree; I'm pretty sure that the Twilight Realm is the place in between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. The people there are in a sort of "limbo". In Twilight Princess, they explain that Ganondorf somehow contacts Zant from the Sacred Realm so that he could get closer to breaking out of the Sacred Realm. He basically uses Zant as a puppet to get himself out.

If you guys want some awesome, intelligent, and well-thought out theories on Zelda, I would suggest a website called ZeldaInformer. The people there really take the time to prove their theories and make sure that you understand them. It's really cool and the people there have some really interesting ideas and theories. :)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I agree; I'm pretty sure that the Twilight Realm is the place in between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. The people there are in a sort of "limbo". In Twilight Princess, they explain that Ganondorf somehow contacts Zant from the Sacred Realm so that he could get closer to breaking out of the Sacred Realm. He basically uses Zant as a puppet to get himself out.

If you guys want some awesome, intelligent, and well-thought out theories on Zelda, I would suggest a website called ZeldaInformer. The people there really take the time to prove their theories and make sure that you understand them. It's really cool and the people there have some really interesting ideas and theories. :)

I don't think so. It would be very dumb to exile criminals to the place where the triforce is, risking such a powerful artifact.
I think it goes something like this

! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
!Hyrule ! !Twilight Realm ! ! Sacred Realm!!! Termina!

Meaning that they are parallel dimensions.

On a side note: don't advertise here, please

S

ShieksAWoman?!

I guess that might've been what I was trying to get across, SkullKid. I've never been very good at saying what I want to say, exactly how I want to say it. :( I'm just a hopeless case. :cool: With all this Zelda info floating around, it's hard to organize it all into a coherent statement.

Super-duper side note: It wasn't my intention to advertise, I just thought that those reading this might enjoy and appreciate the insight that the people at ZeldaInformer have to offer. :clap:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I guess that might've been what I was trying to get across, SkullKid. I've never been very good at saying what I want to say, exactly how I want to say it. :( I'm just a hopeless case. :cool: With all this Zelda info floating around, it's hard to organize it all into a coherent statement.

Super-duper side note: It wasn't my intention to advertise, I just thought that those reading this might enjoy and appreciate the insight that the people at ZeldaInformer have to offer. :clap:

Okay, but there are also lots of theories floating there, and that doesn't help.
First thing concerning Zelda timelines and mysteries is that you must separate canon information, from speculation, from your personal opinion.
Otherwise you'll end up making a huge confusion.
What I did up there was just a quick thingie, I have no time for doing fancy graphics, but I truly believe that the Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm are NOT the same.
Also, there is no In-Game hinting to that

Okay, but there are also lots of theories floating there, and that doesn't help.
First thing concerning Zelda timelines and mysteries is that you must separate canon information, from speculation, from your personal opinion.
Otherwise you'll end up making a huge confusion.
What I did up there was just a quick thingie, I have no time for doing fancy graphics, but I truly believe that the Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm are NOT the same.
Also, there is no In-Game hinting to that

I agree here. I don't think there is any connection between the two realms. There are many games within the series which can be placed in a timeline because of in-game hints or references, and one big thing that most people agree on is that WW takes place about 100 years after the Adult Timeline where OoT left off, and TP takes place about 100 years later on the Child Timeline. This means that during this time, the Sacred Realm was still the Sacred Realm. It stayed the Sacred Realm until some odd years later whenever the Sages sealed Ganon within it, which at that point became the Dark World.

A major key point about the Sages sealing Ganondorf or Ganon is that the first time Ganondorf was sealed (at the end of OoT's Adult Timeline), he was placed in the Evil Realm, or so it was called, and not the Sacred Realm. The story in ALttP talks about the Sages sealing him within the Sacred Realm, which he found his way into by himself, rather than being put there. TP shows Ganondorf actually put into the Twilight Realm. So these are three different times that Ganondorf, or Ganon, is sealed within a different realm.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
A major key point about the Sages sealing Ganondorf or Ganon is that the first time Ganondorf was sealed (at the end of OoT's Adult Timeline), he was placed in the Evil Realm, or so it was called, and not the Sacred Realm.

This!
This is something people tend to overlook and just assume that the Evil realm is the Sacred Realm, wich is completely wrong.
The Sacred Realm only turned into the Dark World after Ganon acquired the full Triforce, possibly either before FSA, or between FSA and ALttP, and his dark heart wished fot Hyrule, but the Triforce was only able to transform the Sacred Realm into a distorted copy of Hyrule.
If we assume that this Evil Realm that is mentioned at the end of OoT is the Twilight Realm, it makes more sense, but still, he was imprisoned at the end of the Adult part, not the Child one(and Twilight Princess occurs on the Child timeline).
What we can assume here is that the place where the Sages sent Ganondorf(in the Arbiter's Grounds scene) is the same evil realm to where they exiled him in the end of OoT.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
they cant be the same place. the SR didnt become the dark world until Ganondorf wished on the triforce. the twilight realm was there before Ganondorf was captured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom