• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Realm/Sacred Realm

I know people have said this before, but i just kinda made a connection somewhere that may add onto this theory.

The picture below is of the Twilight Realm.
View attachment 7570
You cant see much, but you can see that the land explored by link is made of of several small floating islands. If you look out over the edge, you can see MANY floating islands, with buildings and such that are inaccessible.

Now look that this:
View attachment 7571
This official art of the Sacred Realm has a similar atmosphere, is composed of rocky floating islands, has a building in the background (Look real closely), that could be compared to ruined Twili buildings, etc. The only difference is, the Triforce is still there.

I dont really know what else to say, thats all i got,i just thought this would be an interesting addition to the theory.

R

RyanP

There are a lot of similarities between the two. I think a lot of people may think that the Twilight Realm is the same as the Dark World (formerly Sacred Realm). For example, Hylian people cannot keep their form in either of the two, reverting to spirits in the Twilight Realm and turning into whatever is reflected within their heart in the Sacred Realm/Dark World. Also, with the use of the Magic Mirror/Mirror of Twilight, Link is able to travel to either World as he sees fit.

However, I don't think that the two are necessarily the same. Link is treated differently in both games. In A Link to the Past, without the Moon Pearl, he is reduced to the same as everyone else in the Dark World, yet in Twilight Princess, he is the only one to retain a physical form in the Twilight Realm.

So, is this more of a situation where its the same place with that looks and acts different? (Like Hyrule in every game its in.), or different places that have many similarities.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
When designing the Twilight Realm, the might have gotten inspiration from the Sacred Realm, but I don't think they are the same/similar. There is no solid in-game evidence that hints about this.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Regardless of how similar they look, they can't be the same place. The Sacred Realm is the point at which the Goddesses left Hyrule. The Twilight Realm was created by the Light Spirits to seal away the interlopers who were trying to control the Sacred Realm. The Sacred Realm is specifically stated to already exist when the TR is created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom