• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Realm Dungeon Thoughts

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Which brings up the question: The Twili, as in the race. If the Twilight realm itself is just made up of floating islands, how do the Twili interact with others on a different island? How do they get to the other islands, physically? Are they more advanced than we realize, and have a means of flying to each island? Or do they all have the ability to warp, like Midna? We know Midna has special abilites, other than those granted by the Fused Shadows. Is this just because she's the Twilight Princess? Or do all Twili have magical abilities? I guess these are thoughts for another thread.
My guess is that there's more of those Tron-looking transporter platforms.

And I've got to say that the Twilight Realm, just aesthetically, is probably my favorite dungeon in the whole Zelda series. Yes, it's got a messed up difficulty curve, starting with the frustrating wallmaster sequences from hell and then petering out to lame light switch and moving platform riddles, no dungeon item and a non-challenging search for the Master Key... but holy schmendrick, does it look awesome or what? And the boss fight, cycling through all of the other dungeons that have come before? I liked that.

Young Link

Grasshopper
To me, the dungeon was okay. It was small... And there was not much to do. The enemies were neat and all but, it was just not enough to make up for the lack of length. The worst part (and always will be) was the stupid Zant hands that chased you thorugh the roooms. I had some trouble getting away from them. And to make it worse, whenever they got close to you, some kind of creepy sould would play and make it even more frustrating than it already was. But all in all, it was an okay dungeon. Probably my favorite part, if I had to choose, would be fighting Zant, and the cutscene that followed.:D.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
The dungeon. Hmmm. Not very intricate in the design. That's the only thing that caught my attention; and it had to be a negative thing. :/ Well, there were just a lot of gray and black walls; no designs in them, no statues (that would have been cool... statues of Midna or Zant?)... something along those lines would have been nice. It seemed very drab to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom