• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: Wii or Gamecube?

Hey everyone, I just found this site and have been going through the forums. I have been playing Zelda since the original back in the late 80s and have beaten almost every console and handheld game. I am currently playing SS, which I bought in April and I just finished the Ancient Cistern.

After I beat SS I want to go back and beat TP. I bought it for Gamecube when it first came out and lost interest after a while, but I want to go back and beat it. My question is, should I play it for the Gamecube or should I buy it for the Wii? My main issue is with the video. I played it first on a 27" CRT, but now I have a 58" plasma TV. Would the Gamecube look decent enough on a big TV and would it be widescreen or just cropped? Would it be worth going out and buying TP for improved visuals? The difference in controls don't bother me.

I'd stick with the Gamecube version to be honest. there really isn't much diffecrence in the Wii version other than the World is mirrored and of course the controls. The Wii version is a direct port of the gamecube so you're not missing out on much in terms of visuals.

Well it is now only $20 and then you dont have to use the wired gamecube controller unless you have a wireless one ofcourse.
However it is the exact same game and as far as visuals the only difference is that wii has the widescreen mode and gamecube does not (you can see comparison on youtube). I do think though if you played the gamecube one it will either be cropped or it might stretch and fill the whole screen.

So in conclusion if you have $20 to spare just get the wii one then you will be sure to fill the whole screen properly and not have it stretched or cropped.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I personally prefer Twilight Princess on the Wii. Aiming with the slingshot, bow and arrows, and clawshots are much better with motion controls.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I like both. The Wii version had a nice little motion controls add-on to it, but the Gamecube version was more original, with its button mashing.

i have to go with gamecube version. mainly because i didnt own a wii for 2 years after it came out, but also because you don't have to switch your items as much.

If you want to get for the motion controls, don't. The Wii version does not use motion like SS, you just have to waggle the remote. I would say just stick to the GC version.

I would have to say the Wii. Even though using your sword is a mindless swing of the sword, the motion controls implemented into archery items was outstanding, making a more accurate shot.

I would have to say WII. The only reason is that I liked some of the things you can do with point and click systems. The other thing is that the wii has ports on it for GC controllers and is compatable with all (or almost all) GameCube games. This way you can switch between the two games if you want something else. The only thing to keep in mind is that it might not have a file share between the versions, forcing you to play through the game TWICE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom